Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Khandhari
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KhandhariYour feedback matters!
I have recently started using Foligain Hair Lotion as I had been suffering from extensive hair loss and hair thinning. I wanted to know if its compulsory to take a hair wash every day if I am using the product every day?
Hello doctor My face skin not smooth there are roughness in my face skin please help to smooth my skin and get fairer skin.
Hi, My age is 24 years female my skin is becoming rough and darker than before although I had not used any thing on my face I am not working I got married 1 year ago what can be the reason behind this one and all are telling reason that due to change in water it might tell me reasons and solutions please before I used to be fair and will there be the probability of regenerating skin softness and color by using mineral water daily. just tell me some natural daily tips to follow up daily to get fairer in a natural manner please.
I have severe hair fall problem. I am afraid of bald head at the age of 21. Can you suggest me to overcome my problem.
Are you fussy about getting a facial, believing an age old adage that men don’t need facials? Think again, you can be nowhere near the truth as the harsh reality is that men do need facials period. Yes, you might not entertain the fact of having layers of cucumber or banana on your skin and it certainly doesn’t look appealing. But the reality is that your skin can suffer the same damage and wear and tear as a woman’s skin and it needs the dedication and care it deserves. In fact, probably more than the ladies, guys need facials, thanks to their coarser skin, larger pores, and increased chance of sun damage. Feels discomforting? Fret not; as we lay down some points that staunchly suggest that men do need facials like their woman counterparts:
- Men produce more oil: Men have higher testosterone levels than women and this indirectly produces more oil. This oil can clog your pores and can lead to blackheads, which may lead to pimples. Also due to the coarseness, they can also develop as rashes and can leave permanent marks if not treated properly. Have a facial done at a spa to take care of these risks. The reason why these are better done at a spa is that the specialist can understand your skin type and can chart down a treatment plan based on it. Also, you might have to exfoliate your skin often to reduce the toughness of the dead skin cells.
- Benefitting in a smoother shave: No matter how many types of razor you use, the friction caused by the metal to your skin is irreversible. Irritation is one of the common consequences that your facial skin has to undergo every time you shave. The result can be more damaging than you have ever thought so. A deep facial will deep clean bumps and soothe the irritated skin. You can also try various after shave effects to reduce the rashness to the skin and simultaneously you can opt for specialised facial treatment for shaving side effects. You can experience a smoother and a better shave when your skin is smoother.
- Facials use products far from the market: It is a known fact that some of the facial products used are not available over the counters. The techniques and the products used can be handled like a pro only by an experienced facial therapist. Instead of following an advertisement and going for a product, take some time off for getting a facial. You can also experience an opportunity to ask more questions regarding the product used on your face. Facials can be ideal stress busters too and can help a great deal in relaxing. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have lots of spots and blackheads and pimples also come badly onto my face and after some time these pimples becomes dark spots What may do?
With the urge to remain and look young constantly on the rise, more and more people are moving towards cosmetic surgical options to retain their youthful looks. Laser therapy is one of the most commonly used procedures in cosmetic surgery. Read on to know additional information on the types of lasers and the various uses in cosmetic surgery.
How it works?
A laser unit produces a beam of high-energy, focused-intense light which selectively interacts with the various tissues in the skin. By altering the amount of light and the area of application, many medical conditions can be treated using laser therapy. While only laser is used in some cases, it could be used in combination with other products in some other people. The skin has an underlying layer of connective tissue which has collagen, elastin, and blood vessels. The laser acts on these and removes the superficial dead layers at the same time improving production of collagen and elastin. The result is youthful, glowing skin that is almost instant.
Types of laser surgery:
Laser is used in multiple ways on the skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing: For treating ageing issues like wrinkles, blemishes, and dark pigments, a beam of the laser is directed at the affected area. It acts on the collagen layer and the result is wrinkle-free skin that looks youthful and glows.
- Removal of skin lesions: For small lesions like birthmarks and warts, the blood vessels are usually affected. A beam of the laser is aimed at these lesions, and by cutting off blood supply to these, the lesions are removed and regrowth is prevented. Laser is also useful in treating spider veins and tattoos. Depending on the severity of the lesion, more than one session may be required. Another major advantage of the laser procedure is that it is done in the outpatient setting and does not require hospitalisation.
- Laser hair treatments: Laser is used both in hair removal and in the transplant process. In hair transplant process, the area of transplant is prepared to receive the transplant using laser. In hair removal process, the follicles are removed and therefore unwanted hair on the body is removed. This again may require multiple sessions depending on the quality of the hair.
- Types of cosmetic lasers: Carbon dioxide laser, Erbium laser, Nd:Yag laser, Pulsed-dye laser, intense pulsed laser, infrared, and radio frequency lasers are some commonly used lasers. There are constant developments in this ever-evolving field, and your cosmetic surgeon would be the right person to give you that information.
Also, having a detailed discussion with your surgeon on what to expect after a laser procedure is extremely essential. This will help set expectations for both the surgeon and the patient."
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Make up alone cannot hide your age. To truly look younger, you may want to shift your focus on anti-aging products and techniques, which are available in plenty of options. However, most people have a fixed mindset that all anti-aging products are expensive while it is not necessarily true.
So, here we have come up with a list of 7 budget friendly anti-aging treatment techniques:
- Microdermabrasion: This process removes dry skin and smoothes skin texture. It also minimizes damage from sun spots and releases trapped oil. Microdermabrasion is an outpatient technique that involves exfoliating and vacuuming the flaky dead skin.
- Chemical Peels: There are a number of different chemical peels available today. The peel most suitable to you will depend on the issues that need to be addressed. A peel involves the removal of the top most layer of skin and exposing the layer below it. This helps remove hyperpigmentation, sun spots and scarring.
- Botox: Botox injections are commonly used to fight the formation of wrinkles and fine lines associated with aging. A botox injection contains purified toxins that do not allow muscles to contract and hence reduce fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Collagen fillers: Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin elastic and firm. Collagen production is inversely proportional to age. This causes a loss of volume in the face leading to the creation of sunken spots. Collagen injections can be used to fill in these spaces and even out skin levels.
- Latisse: With age you could also lose your eye lashes. Latisse is an effective way to re-grow them and have longer and thicker eyelashes.
- Sclerotherapy: Varicose veins also become more prominent and unsightly with age. Sclerotherapy is the use of saline injections that turns the veins into scar tissue that eventually fades. In some cases sclerotherapy can be carried out by using lasers depending up on the size of the veins and how close they are to the surface.
- Laser resurfacing: This can be used to reduce wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars. It involves focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin to remove layers of skin. Laser resurfacing can be done either with a CO2 laser or an erbium laser.
Depending on the issues being addressed and the effects desired, each of these procedures may need to be performed more than once. This will affect the final price and hence it is essential to understand your treatment options completely before getting started with it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!