Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Gupta
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev GuptaYour feedback matters!
Spinal stenosis is a condition where a part of the spinal column becomes narrow. There are generally two types of spinal stenosis- lumbar stenosis and cervical stenosis. Lumbar stenosis is the form of the condition that affects the lower back. It is also the most common type of spinal stenosis.
Common Causes of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Some people may be born with a narrow spinal canal, but in most cases the condition is caused post birth. Here is a look at some of the most common causes for the spinal stenosis.
- Overgrowth of bone- Osteoarthritis can sometimes cause bone spur formation, which in turn can lead to the stenosis at the lumbar region of the spine. This usually occurs in adults, as osteoarthritis is common after a certain age.
- Herniated discs- A soft cartilage exists between the vertebrae, which cushions any impact on them. However, this cartilage dries up over time, and with age may lead to formation of crack on the exterior, which in turn causes suppression of the inner soft material and nerves of the spine.
- Stiffened ligaments- The ligaments in the spine may become thick and stiffened over time and age. Due to the thickness of the ligaments, a bulge may occur in the spinal column and lead to lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Injuries to the spine- Lumbar spinal stenosis may often be brought on by an injury to the spine. A spinal fracture resulting from an accident may narrow down the spine, which can cause the issue.
- Tumours- A tumour may affectumbar Canal Stenosis anyone at any point of time. These tumours may occur between the spinal cord and the vertebrae or between two bones in the vertebrae.
Symptoms of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Often the spinal stenosis may lie dormant and not produce any noticeable symptoms. However, it can still be diagnosed using an MRI or CT scan. However, all forms of the condition gradually progress and produce severe symptoms. This is why the treatment should be started as soon as the lumbar spinal stenosis is diagnosed, for the best result.
Here are common symptoms associated with the disorder
- Numbness and tingling in the leg and foot.
- Pain in the back
- Leg cramps after long spells of standing or walking.
- Weakness in the legs and feet.
If you observe any of the symptoms mentioned above, make sure that you visit an orthopaedist, so that the condition can be diagnosed and treatment can be initiated at soon as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello! what is a difference between hemiplegia paraplegia and paralysis? thanks wish you a great day ahead.
I M going to start family planning. I have Grand mal epilepsy since childhood but not inherited. I M on medication oxetol 600, I M worried about the effects of my conditions on my future child. What precautions are there that I should keep in mind. Since 2 years I have not faced Convulsions. Please also let me know the health parameter for husband and wife while family planning.
Hello, I am bothered from the problems .I have migraine daily and stomach problems like acidity GASTRO ENTERITIS. So what can I do for this.
I am 22. I have headache problem. From last 8 months. And I lost my memory like names or. I can not able to learn something. My brain veins are hitting me again n again. I can not go outside in noon because my eyes are hurting bcz of brightness. please suggest me. I think its migraine problem. But how can I chk this. And give me some advice. If it is not a migraine issue?
Which medicine is better for migraine problem as my doctor suggested me to take ZINEPRA 5 and NAXDOM 500 mg. But after eating these medicine I am suffering from stomach pain near navel area and also loose motion. So please suggest me that which medicine should I take for Migraine.
I have a problem of anxiety nervousness disorder and I also have migraine problem. My age is 27. Is this diseases are remain lifetime in my life? I don't get any permanent pain relive from this disease. have to take regularly medicines of it.
If you are looking for a perfect natural remedy for migraine headaches, you should opt for a homeopathic treatment. Migraine is a form of headache, which is featured by headache on one side of your head. In some cases, the migraine pain is felt all over the head instead of just one side. The nature of this pain is throbbing, and is commonly caused from intense stress. Homeopathy is used widely for the treatment of migraine headaches, and is considered to be quite effective. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines which are used for the treatment of migraine headaches:
- Belladonna: This homeopathic medicine is ideal for the treatment of migraine, in which throbbing headache is the primary feature. The patient experiences a sense of fullness in his head. The headache worsens with exposure to sunlight. This remedy is also used for treating migraine headaches that occur because of catching cold or from exposure to cold, damp air.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used for the treatment of migraine headaches, which occur because of gastric issues. Migraines developing from indigestion, piles, and constipation are cured using this homeopathic medicine. It is an effective remedy and provides quick relief in cases when the headache worsens after eating rich food or drinking alcohol.
- Spigelia: This homeopathic remedy is primarily used for treating migraine headaches, which are present on the left side of the head. It is known as left-sided migraine. The headaches are experienced over the head’s left temporal area, the forehead, and eyes. The sensation of a tight band tied around the head is felt or experienced.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is an effective homeopathic medicine, which is used for the treatment of migraine headaches felt on the right side of the head. The pain and throbbing are experienced on the right side, starting from the back of the head and settling over the right eye. This medicine is also used for treating migraine headaches that occur in the morning and worsen during the day. It is good for migraine in women after menopause.
- Glonoinum: This effective homeopathic medicine is used for curing migraine headaches, which occur from excessive congestion in the head. The patient feels that his head has become bigger and will burst. He feels heat around his head, along with protruding eyeballs. This medicine is commonly used for treating migraine headaches, which occur from exposure to the sun for a long time.
If you are experiencing migraine headaches, you should fix an appointment with a homeopathic practitioner. He will observe and diagnose your headache, and prescribe you the best homeopathic remedies for your condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!