Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Gulati
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev GulatiYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. I am suffering from a stomach ache. I did a sonography. The report said that there is a mild free fluid in the pouch of douglas. What must be done in order to remove this water and get rid of this stomach ache ?
I am 25 y/o male and I have been experiencing mild pain near bladder region while ejaculating. While urination I fac the same pain but even at a lower intensity and not always. But while ejaculating I face the pain 90% of the times. No history of prostate cancer in family as far as I know. But I have been worried lately as the pain is of a different kind unlike I ever experienced before. Its like being hit at scrotum except the intensity is very low and its in a different region. No dribbling while urinating and mild back pain but maybe because I have a desk job. Please help.
How much NCCT (abdomen )and urine kidney function cost and. Is my kidney swollen. As I have told ultra sounds shows hydronephrosis and hydroureter. Well I just had ultra sound and KUB X-ray n some 1 told me that I have hydronephrosis n hydroureter .n which means I have fluid is increasing in my right kidney well. Is that true?
Kidney stones are caused when certain minerals of your urine are retained and not wholly released, causing them to amalgamate and form a stone. Passing kidney stones is one of the most painful experiences you may face physically. Its magnanimity is often compared to childbirth, and those who are suffering from kidney stones dread having this experience. If you are yet not affected by kidney stones and do not want to, read to know what dietary changes you can undergo to prevent it.
1. Drink a lot of water
On average, a person must be drinking at least 3 litres of water every day. If you live in a more hot and humid climatic area, your water intake must be even more than that, so that on an average, 2.5 litres of urine is passed throughout the day, which decreases the chances of unnecessary retention of minerals from the urine and releases them more easily from the body.
2. Continue eating calcium-containing foods
It is a common misconception that calcium accelerates the formation of kidney stones. Calcium is digested in the intestine. Only the calcium which is excess and cannot be digested in the intestines are sent to the kidneys. Continue consuming calcium-rich foods unless your doctor prescribes you against it. Make sure your diet includes enough dairy products such as milk, cheeses, etc, or other calcium-rich foods like oats and broccoli.
3. Limit intake of oxalic acid
Oxalic acid is mostly found in food obtained from plants. It restricts the absorption of calcium in the intestines and as a result, more calcium is passed into the kidneys; thus forming calcium oxalate or oxalate stones. Try to avoid foods like spinach, beets, nuts, tea, sweet potatoes, etc; mainly leguminous plant products.
4. Decrease the ingestion of sodium salts, sugar and meat protein
Salts and sugars, mainly found in packaged foods to prevent them from expiring, increase the release of calcium and oxalates into the blood, which thus increases the chances to develop kidney stones. Meat contains fibres which affect certain nutrients in the kidney, thus aggravating the formation of stones.
5. Increase the consumption of insoluble fibres
Insoluble fibres are those rough fibres which are not soluble in water during the process of digestion. They are found in rice, wheat, barley, etc, and are found to decrease calcium absorption in the kidney. They attach themselves to the calcium and oxalates, which enable them to be released as stool instead of urine.
Other foods to avoid:
- Dark Chocolate
- Too many nuts
I am 22 years woman suffering from kidney stone of 3 mm on right kidney and 2 mm on left kidney. What should I do to remove stone?
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
Today maximum of people either go for surgery for fast recovery of the stones or may go for consumption of homeopathic medicines for a safer treatment. But there are also some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda.
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone.