Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SanjeevYour feedback matters!
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I haven't bath from last 3 days and today I saw red spots on my chest and stomach and on my shoulder and then I go for bath and after bathing I saw these spots are more brighter then before and my whole body is heated and then I use water on my spots and then after 20 mins they all become lighter it was happening from last 15 days when I not bath for 2 or 3 days then this will happen I use dettol soap for bathing suggest me something.
My face is oily. pimples on my face. I can use sunmask spf26 and glocin gel. It was helping to my skin but when I stop to using pimples started and what facewash can I used for my skin.
Lip augmentation is a restorative (cosmetic) procedure where your lips are reshaped to make them appear fuller. Cosmetic procedures are done for aesthetic improvement, but surgical lip augmentation is performed if the lips are affected by any congenital condition or tissue trauma.
Dermal fillers are mostly used to enlarge the lips. Previously, collagen was the most popular filler, but currently, due to various health reasons, doctors do not use it as often as before. Now, hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popular dermal filler.
Hyaluronic acid is naturally available in your body, especially in your neural, epithelial and connective tissues. The fillers that doctors presently use are chemically similar to hyaluronic acid. It is extremely beneficial in adding volume to your lips.
Applications of Hyaluronic acid
- Hyaluronic acid fillers improve your lips’ appearance by boosting their shape, structure and volume.
- The effects of such fillers last approximately for six months; you would require more injections after that.
- Restylane and Juvederm are the most popular hyaluronic acid fillers used currently. These also contain lidocaine in them, which is a local anaesthetic.
Hyaluronic acid fillers also include the following benefits:
- The amount of filler to be injected is easily controllable, so the doctor can regulate the amount of volume to create.
- The injections are given at a steady pace, so the development can be carefully monitored to achieve the desired result.
- Any bump or lump caused by moving the lips too much is easier to correct.
- In relation to other dermal fillers, there will be reduced swelling and bruising.
- Results last for a longer duration, but they are not permanent.
- Collagen fillers required an allergy test before the procedure could begin, but that is not the case with hyaluronic fillers. Hyaluronic acid fillers are not allergens since they are made from similar substances found in the body.
Risks of lip augmentation
Like every surgical procedure, lip augmentation too has certain risks involved. Some of the contraindications (situational dangers of certain drugs or procedures) include:
Doctor I am 17 years old boy and my skin was dark but than started melacare forte which show best result but I discontinue it and my skin becomes even more dark .so suggest my any cream alternate to melacare forte.
Every woman endure menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications, and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered.
How to Fight Against It
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin. Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly-coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!