Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Aggarwal
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old housewife, since last few months I HV been suffering fro dry cough night time with urinary incontinence sometimes. I found my ESR level 79 mm after 1 hr, monocyte -00 and haemoglobin (cyanmet method) 9.41 gm/DL in blood test. What is the meaning of results?
Hello Doctors, My age is 23 weight 56 kg I want to say I pass mucus in stool without abdomen pain before pain was there but now no pain but still mucus is present in stool before 2 times I saw little blood but now no blood and no any other symptom but still some time mucus level is normal and sometime there is more mucus I went near 3 doctor they said it's a chronic dysentery. I did stool culture but no bacterial growth found also did a occult blood test and report was negative but mucus (++) and veg cell (+ +)I asked doctor for colonoscopy but they denied before I lost my weight but after a month I again gain some weight my appetite is also normal. Before a month frequency of stool was 4 to 5 time a day but now frequency is 2 to 3 times a day and stool texture Is neither too hard nor too soft but whenever I eat some thing like idli in morning I pass little grey and mucus in my stool want to know that is it a chronic dysentery or ibs or ulcerative colitis please suggest any idea and medicine to get cure.
I am suffering from Sinus problem. When I travel in Air conditioned class in Train I feel problem in breathing. Shall I stop travelling or sleeping in A/C.
Hello sir, I'm suffering from headache from last few week, and I have sinus also, what should I do? please tell me? I can not concentrate on my studies.
Ayurveda is effective because it treats the root of the problem in order to treat it. According to this ancient system of medicine, bronchitis, which is infection of the windpipe, is known as ‘kasa roga’. According to Ayurveda, bronchitis happens primarily due to impaired digestion. This is the reason why Ayurveda treats bronchitis through drugs that have the ability to treat both the lungs and the digestive system. Chronic bronchitis is also caused due to airborne allergens like cigarette smoke and pollution.
The main symptom of bronchitis is chronic inflammation of the bronchial tubes or the windpipes that carry air to the lungs. This infection causes profuse secretion of phlegm. Other notable symptoms are chest pain, chronic cough, fever, poor digestion and loss of appetite, and shortness of breath. Children, senior citizens and those with an impaired immune system are extremely prone to bronchitis. If left untreated for long, bronchitis can manifest as tuberculosis. Another disease bronchitis can mutate into is bronchial asthma.
- Haldi or turmeric, commonly used Ayurvedic spices in the world, is the most common home remedy for bronchitis. One can take a teaspoonful of haldi mixed in a glass of milk in the night for relief. Haldi is more effective if taken on an empty stomach.
- The juice of vasa is also an excellent remedy for bronchitis. One can take it twice or thrice daily.
- Ginger juice and honey mixed in a cup of warm water is also good for easy expectoration of phlegm.
- One can also mix equal quantities of dried ginger, black pepper and long pepper with honey and take a teaspoonful thrice every day.
- Tulsi or holy basil is a great cure for bronchitis. Water boiled with tulsi leaves brings instant relief to a sore throat. One can use this water for gargling too.
- In case of a congested throat ‘khadiradi vati’ gives effective relief, due to catechu that helps relieve congestion.
Shringyadi churna, kaphaketu, kaphachintamani, sitopaladi churna, pravala pisthi, rasa sindur, talisadi churna, haridra khand and vasarishta are a few effective Ayurvedic medicines for bronchitis.
- Protection from cold is key. Cold water and winds should be avoided. Use warm water for bathing, wear warm clothes and avoid excess humidity, dust and allergic pollen. Heavy physical exercises should also be avoided.
- Stay away from cold foods like curd and sour substances, fruits like bananas and guavas, and from alcohol and tobacco.
- Also, one should eat foods that are easy to digest. Lots of leafy vegetables will give one the vitamins and mineral required to fight bronchitis.
- One can also opt for Ayurvedic therapies like Vamana and Virechana to treat bronchitis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.