Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SanjayYour feedback matters!
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
Whenever I am passing the urine so pain to release that and while I am passing my urine is full of blood so I afraid too why it happens?
Hiii doctor im a urine infection patient but in testing report there is no infections. Many times my urine burn heavily how can I recove from this disease and which medicine I will use.
She is 51 years old female no history of diabetes, hypertension or any disease till now she is having a boil close to the anus it isn't painful only a little pain.
I think I am having uti once again but my parents are not sending me to doctor so what should I do to cure it.
What does blood in urine mean? I have this problem from few weeks. There is no pain but. Previously there was a problem lyk this. But it stopped sumhow. Again the same problem. Wat to do?
I am 42 years old and suffering from 8-9 mm kidney stone in upper right ureter approx. 6 cm away from pelvis ureteric junction. Stone is not visible in X-ray films. Kidney functions well. I do not have much problems other than some mild abdomen pain occasionally, indigestion and constipation issues. I am taking 4 to 5 lit fluids daily and urine is clear always.
I am a 54 years male suffering from UTI Enlarged prostate and a cyst of 8 mm size above the kidney. What are the remedies available in ayurveda. It is to mention here that I am taking Allopathic drug, olmesartan 20 and atorvastatin 10 mg one tab daily for hypertension.
Sir, I am 23years old, I used to play cricket in academy since december. From last 15 days iam getting blood through urination, I have little pain that time during my urination and iam doing my work normally then. When I placed my finger at the hole during washing I felt there was wound through which I got bit pain. Please tell me whats the problem and how to clear the problem.
I am 25 year old. Sufring from prostatitis from last 6 month, I go to uroglist he gave me antibiotic for 4 week. With this treatment I am ok. But some symptom come back. I go to another uroglist. He said I have chronic prostatitis for last 7 months so he gave me 3 month of antibiotic. This is a correct treatment. Reply me sir
Hi doctor, I have anal fissure. Kindly tell me what food should be taken and avoided. Need some home remedy to heal it.
My problem urine track burning. When passing urine that time only. I already had lots of anti biotics to eat but problem is not solve. My sgpt 57.62. What is symptom of urine burning. So please advice.?
I have problem with my prostate. I am facing problem with my urine. I have take many treatment with doctors but no relief.
I have anal fissures problem, took doctor suggests to go for surgery. But I tried to go natural diets. Please give suggestion.
I have a pain in my left kidney and in my penis so doct called me to do a sonography. I have dobe hai sonography. In sonography its came a stone in kindly left side 5 mm aur left kidney se thoda niche ek nas me kuch shadow sa aya hai to doct bol raha hai ki use samjh nhi arha hai wo kya hai h hai ya fir koi gath hai. So please helf me. I send you whats point in my sonography has come. 1) mild dilatation of pelvialyceal system is seen in left kidney A calculus 5.3 mm is seen in left ureter vesical junction 2) a well defined hyper echoic avascular shadow 13 mm is seen in right ureter vesical junction. S/o ureter cele / Debris OPINION:- � mild dilated left pelvicalyceal system with mid ureteric calculus �(?) Small right sided ureter cele/vesical debris This point come in my report so please help me and tell what is there in this report please tell in hindi if possible.
Whenever I sleep at night my breath stop for a while. This make me feel nervous and I could not sleep for hour. I have to urinate every hour at night. please help me.
The kidneys make urine, which is a fluid through which wastes from the body including urea are eliminated from the body. There are two kidneys on the right and left side, which make urine, and pass it down to the bladder through tubes known as ureter. The bladder acts as a reservoir of the urine that is formed in the kidneys. It is stored temporarily there before being excreted out of the body through the urethra. The urinary bladder is a highly muscular organ and has a rich connective tissue.
Interstitial cystitis (IC) or painful bladder syndrome (PBS) is a very common condition, which affects females more than males. While the exact etiology is not known, it could be age-related and also lifestyle related. People who are used to controlling the urge to pass urine are highly likely to develop this condition. The simple logic is that there is additional pressure on the bladder from the urine that is contained for longer period of time. As such, the muscular wall stretches and begins to feel stressed.
When this habit continues over a period of time, the bladder wall may become irritated or inflamed or even scarred in severe cases. There is no role of bacteria in this condition, and antibiotics are of no help in managing this condition (though the name cystitis usually indicates infection).
The following symptoms are seen as a result of this constant irritation and inflammation.
- One may suffer from pain and pressure in the bladder as it continues to collect more and more urine.
- This pressure in the bladder also puts pressure on the surrounding tissues in the abdomen including the pelvis, urethra, abdominal organs, uterus, etc.
- Women may experience pain in the vaginal tract including vulva and behind the vagina.
- Men may experience pain in the area of the scrotum, testicles, prostate, and penis.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, which may be as much as 9 to 10 times a day. As the condition progresses, there could be more visits, as many as 40 to 50 visits a day.
- This tendency and urge to urinate increases during nighttime.
- For women, this urge to urinate and other symptoms including pain are worse during menstruation.
- There could be pain during intercourse for both men and women.
- There could be pain even otherwise, which can range from a mild dull ache to a piercing pain.
- At a structural level, this constant pressure leads to pinpoint bleeding (glomerulations) and sometimes even ulcers in the bladder wall.
There is no definitive treatment for IC or PBS. However, bladder distention and instillation are proven methods of increasing bladder capacity, which therefore helps in relieving symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.