Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay Singh NegiYour feedback matters!
I am randhir nishad male I always have cough and throat issue and also have a acidity problem there to me what is your suggestion.
I am a diabetic with range of 115-135 in fasting and 168-185 in pp. At present my bowls is not clear. So what I should do.
My bilirubin levels are always above 1. Precisely 1-1.6. But LFT is normal. Gall bladder syndrome has any issues or serious health problems? Treatment needed for this situation?
Dear doctor. M having stomach gas and acid problems. So what should I do for better solution in this situation. And also having fat in stomach.
When I eat any heavy diet I have a problem to having not fresh Latin and gas formation with very bad smell.what can be done?
How to decrease constipation and acidity as this is the problem faced most frequently by me how to tackle it?
My brother have acidity issue frequently. Can you suggest me how to over come this with some home remedies or medicines?
I am suffering from Gastric problem from last 15 days and also I have to go toilet whenever I ate something. Kindly suggest me precautions and medicine as fast as possible please help me my exam are very near plz.
Sir, im arindam, 22 yr, 169 cm and my body weight is only 48 kg. I have chronic digestive disorder such as gas, flatulence, acidity, indigestion, nausea after meal and constipation also, bowl is not clear properly. Im underweight, and tiredness too with low b.p. Im also suffering from very small appetite. Please suggest me sir. Ant home remedies or medicine.
I suffer from pills for one year. I have been taken some homeopath medicine, but no any improvement. It is the last step of pills, some pill are come on outside of anus.
I have ulcer like problem in my mouth, basically under the tongue area. Because of this I am not able to eat spicy food & getting problem in speaking also!
Hello. Im 18 years old guy. Firstly iam so thin I have been going for treatment, gym all those but still the same. Actually I have a problem with myself and felt that this problem is abnormal so I want to ask you about this, I have a digestion problem which is so abnormal, firstly sometimes I after I have meal I dont go to toilet for weeks. And it happens regularly. I noticed it, but till now all those doctors I met are not serious, they tell me to drink more water. And still its the same. I felt maybe this is the problem which make me weak and thin. I hope you got my problem, so please suggest something to help me move from this sickness. Thank you.
Heartburn can be a very discomforting condition and affects almost everyone at some point in his or her life. This is a condition wherein the stomach acids back up through the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation, especially near the chest area. Quick-relief medications can help you deal with them for a particular episode. However, recurring deposits might warrant changes in diet and lifestyle. Some of the long and short term remedies are mentioned below:
Short term remedies to deal with heartburn
- Eat a banana or an apple: A few slices of banana and apples can introduce acids into your stomach which will counteract the stomach acids and thus help reduce heart burn.
- Use baking soda and water as a home remedy: This is another quick fix if you don’t have anything at home when suffering from heartburn. If you mix half to a full spoon of baking soda with water and then drink slowly, it will immediately help relieve symptoms. However, don’t make this a regular remedy as it may cause side effects such as nausea and swelling.
- Ginger root tea: Making tea with ginger is another great home remedy which can easily relieve heart burn.
- Chew gum when you have heartburn: This is helpful as the constant stimulation within the mouth due to chewing gum helps with saliva production. The excess production of saliva helps wash away the acids that have built up in the stomach. Once the acid recedes, it helps in relieving or eliminating heartburn.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Drinking aloe vera juice helps in relieving heart burn very easily. It helps control inflammation in both the esophagus and the stomach and relieves pain from heartburn. However, regular use isn’t recommended as it can act like a laxative.
Long term lifestyle changes
- Change your Sleeping habits: Try to sleep on the left side of your body and ensure that your upper body is in a slightly raised position as this will stop the stomach acids form coming up into the esophagus.
- Watch what you eat, when you eat and how quickly you eat: It is advisable to not only maintain a fixed time of eating but also try to eat slowly as it give the stomach more time to adjust in digesting the food, thereby ensuring controlled secretion of the acids.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: These are common triggers for heartburn and avoiding them will show results in a relatively short period of time. It is advisable to stop smoking and reduce alcohol consumption to once a week or even lesser.
- Wear loose fitting clothes: Wear clothes which are loose as this would free up your stomach. Tight clothing can push stomach acids up the esophagus and it is advisable to loosen up clothing to relieve symptoms.