Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay ShokeenYour feedback matters!
My Father and My Grand Father has not much beard sir. I am just getting start ups of beard below my chin but not through out my cheeks all over. I want to know that, Is beard Growth a genetic order. And can I grow beard by using any medical tips? Will I get beard or not? Please sir tell me the best ways to grow beard. Thanking you sir.
Sir for 2 years I have pimples now pimples rarely coming but the old pimples marks are there how to cure.
What is the treatment for hair fall? Any medicines are available baldness? Is dandruff reasons for hair loss?
I am eating two eggs daily and it's cause pimple plzzz give some tips and suggestions for this prblm thanks.
I have more pimples how can I get rid of them. And also can I eat non veg in this situation. I use on my face Himalayan aloe Vera and cucumber face wash and garner white complete cream. Should I changed the things that I use my face. I am 20 years old.
I stay in Visakhapatnam here humidity is so much so in my hairs sweat will come after every 2 days my scalp start itching so I hve dandruff problem and to much of hairfall I cnt do shampoo daily so which shampoo should I use and conditioner also.
My age is 27. I have too much pimple problem. And because of that there is lots of black marks on my face. Can I remove this. Also now hair fall start. Any suggestions to stop this.
Sir please suggest me any tab capsules or syrup for curing genital warts which are present on inner part of the penis prepuce, I can not use podowart solution because of skin sensitivity sir I need help because there is no good skin specialist in our area and sir please tell me how much time it will take to disappear thank you very much.
Im male 22. I need some skin whitening ayurvedic soaps. Can you please suggest me some ayurvedic soaps for skin whitening.
I have less amount of fever in morning and increases in evening and there is little bit of itching in hand so what should I do?
Things to Consider while Choosing Soaps
To keep your skin clean & healthy, cleaning is the most important step to be taken; cleansing removes dirt, sweat, sebum, microorganisms, dead cells and cosmetics too from your skin surface. For the skin to look healthy and glowing, its uppermost layer (called stratum corneum )should contain more than 10 % of the total water content of the body. But due to several reasons the water content will be reduced from this layer. And we already know that Soaps and cleansers are the most used essentials for skin hygiene. But while choosing one, have you ever thought if it provides you the benefits that it’s actually supposed to?
There are three factors to be considered in soaps; the pH content, tallow content and the irritable score of the soap.
Most of soaps are alkaline in nature; however, lesser the alkalinity , milder the soap . Normal pH of the skin is 4.5 to 5.5. This acidic pH changes to alkaline due to application of soap if their ph is above 7.Many a times to make the soaps neutral, certain emulsifiers are added, which cleanse and do little damage to the skin. Deodorant or anti-microbicidal bars have added anti-bacterial agent to eradicate bacteria. These soaps have a pH range of 9 to 10 and may cause skin irritation. Soaps with a moisturizing base contains agents like lanolin or glycerine. Their pH range is five to seven, thus they are non-irritant and good for dry skin. Soap free soaps have synthetic detergent as their base and are preferred for sensitive skin. An important point is that no soap is safe for the skin throughout one’s life. As one keeps growing older, the skin also changes its texture. Hence you must also keep changing the soap used to keep pace with the changing nature of the skin.
Lipid free cleansers or face washes contain water, glycerine and acetyl alcohol and do not contain any fat. They clean without soap formation and leave a thin moisturizing film. They are good for sensitive and photo aged skin. Cleansing creams are oil-based products, which remove grease and cosmetics from your outer skin by dissolving it in more oil; preferably good for dry skin. Cleansing lotions are water-based products that are good for normal and dry skin. Since it’s water based, it can be easily rinsed with water and is commonly sold as pore cleanser. Abrasive scrubs aid in removing dead cells and control excess sebum secretion. They are mechanical exfoliates made of granules in form of aluminium oxide, ground fruit pits etc.
I am just 28 year old and my almost 80% hair is gray (white ).is there any treatment so that my hair can protect to become a gray.
I have black pots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but no changes what should I do?
I am having a dry skin. So skin of my feet gets eroded when I have a walk wearing sandal or flippers. During summer time it occurs most of the time and even sometimes blood comes out from the cracks. So what type of medicines is best for reducing this dryness?
Sir/mam I am suffering form starches problem. There are lot of starches on my body specially my thighs and arms. Please suggest me good medicine or tube and many more product. Thanks.
I'm having a Dandruff Problem form last Year and it is not cured yet. The dandruff has been causing pimples on my face skin. Pls suggest me a way to get rid of this.
Many parts of my hair turns to white when I was 18 so what to do to keep hair as it is otherwise all the hair will turned to white in a very small age.
I am 19 yrs old female. Sir I feel weakness in my body. My face becomes dull and shrinking and also my body built is getting weak day aftr day frm the last 6-7 months. Please suggest me what type of meal and nutrients I should eat? Or either I should start taking Any supplements?
The humble, easily available banana is not as humble when it comes to its contribution to your health. And once you learn how much good it can do to your body, you will be compelled to add it to your daily diet. This god of a fruit protects you from innumerable diseases, keeps your hair, heart and head well as well as fights chronic diseases - and the list has just begun.
Here are just 15 reasons for you to have a banana every day -
1) This fruit is high in potassium and low in salt, it is your protective shield against blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke.
2) Iron rich banana is extremely good for anemic people.
3) The calcium-rich bananas are excellent for your bones and help in increasing bone density.
4) For people who exercise, bananas are an energy booster and sustain your blood sugar as well as protect against muscle cramps post workouts or leg cramps.
5) Bananas help beat depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin: the feel-good brain neurotransmitter.
6) It also enhances your moods and relieves PMS symptoms as well as stress levels in body and mind.
7) Due to high levels of vitamin B-6, bananas produce white blood cells and help in building immunity as well as strengthen nervous systems.
8) Weightloss - If you swap your junk foods with bananas, you might be inching towards losing weight. As an added bonus your energy will be become more steady and consistent.
9) Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
10) Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
11) Extremely caring about your stomach, Banana not only soothes your digestive tract to restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea, it also helps in relieving constipation due to ts high fibre content.
12) Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
13) Fever too? A banana can bring down your body temperature to cool your temperature off.
14) Bananas make you smarter! It makes you very alert. The high levels of potassium help your memory as well. Think about it before an exam.
15) Smoke? High levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium in the fruit, help in speedy recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
Related Tip: Are Bananas Really Your Ticket to Weight Loss?