Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Sharma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello I want to use spirulina capsules for good health can I use these capsules my age 27 years I want to give these capsules to my parents also is it safe for them please give me the suggestion if spirulina is safe please suggest the best spirulina capsules company to me plz.
I have asthma from age 13. Now my age is 16. I am taking Montek LC kid on alternate days. What should L do to fully stop using this tablet and cure asthma? Will my be cured before 20 years of my age? Hat should be my other medicines and what should be my diet and some specific things to eat. W hat exercises should I do?
8 months old passing hard stool .Gave cremaffin syrup once at bed time. But he still had difficulty in passing stool and he restricted himself in doing it completely. Do I need to repeat cremaffin syrup again in morning. Do I need to give it with water .What should be the ratio. And for how many days do I need to give the syrup. Should I continue to give him solid thrice daily?
My age is 38 year ; when I eat rice then sometimes the food stuff blocked in my throat to pass into stomach; some time water also may feel blocked in throat to pass.
Hi. I am diabetic since 12 years. And on insulin. My present report for microalbuminuria random. Is 105,1,and Hba1c is 12.9,creatinine serum is 0,74 please send some medicine for microalbuminuria to come under control.
I am 18 years old I am going to gym when I do legs exercise or back exercise or Deadlift exercise that night I have happened nightfall what is the reason for nightfall is it harmful I don't masturbate but in a week at least 2 times happens night fall.
India is facing an alarming health issue as over 51% of women of reproductive age i.e. 15 to 49 years are anaemic as per the recent Global Nutrition Report 2017. Previously, in the year 2015-16 fourth National Family Health Survey also revealed a similar number of 53%. In response to this, the Govt. has decided to put in place dedicated strategies to make India anaemia free.
Haemoglobin is an iron-containing protein that is found in the red blood cells. Its most important function is to carry oxygen throughout the body so that the cells can carry on with their basic functions. It also carries carbon dioxide back to the lungs from those cells so that the gas can be exhaled. The production of haemoglobin is essential for your body, and iron and vitamins B12, B9, and C play an indispensable role in its production. It is important to have a proper diet in order to maintain an optimum level of haemoglobin.
Haemoglobin is important for maintaining a healthy life. The normal level of haemoglobin in the human body is:
• 14-18g/dl for adult men
• 12-16g/dl for adult women
So what should you do to improve the level of haemoglobin in your body:
- Consume iron-rich food products: According to National Anaemia Action Council, lack of iron is the most common cause of low haemoglobin level in the body. To improve iron content in your blood, you can eat foods like asparagus, tofu, almonds, oysters, fortified breakfast cereals, liver, red meat, shrimp, spinach, dates and lentils. However, consult your doctor for the right intake, as overconsumption of iron can also be harmful to your health.
- Improve your vitamin C intake: Absorption of iron is improved if vitamin C is taken in adequate quantities. Lemon, tomatoes, papaya, oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, broccoli, grapefruit, etc. are some of the fruits that are rich in vitamin C. In fact, if there is a deficiency of vitamin C in our blood, level of haemoglobin can go down. You may also take vitamin supplements to improve haemoglobin in your body, but always consult a doctor first.
- Focus on food items rich in folic acid: This acid is basically vitamin B complex, which is required to make red blood cells. Food products that are rich in folic acid include rice, liver, breakfast cereals, sprouts, dried beans, wheat germ, peanuts, etc. A diet comprising 200-400 milligrams of foliates is enough to supplement your Vitamin B needs.
- Include beetroot in your daily diet: Rich in iron, folic acid, fiber and potassium, beetroot helps in augmenting haemoglobin levels. Drinking beetroot juice daily increases the iron content in your red blood cells.
- Have apples: They are rich in iron and if you eat an apple daily, then your haemoglobin level will improve significantly. If possible, eat a green apple with its skin. Also, apple juice mixed with beetroot juice is known to have marked effect on haemoglobin level. You can also add some ginger or lemon juice to this mixture and can consume the concoction twice a day.
- Eat blackstrap molasses: This food is rich in iron, vitamin, folic acid, etc. and improves the level of haemoglobin in your blood. Take 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar each, mix them in a cup of water and drink this concoction once a day.
Maintaining your haemoglobin level is indispensable to your health, and a deficiency can have adverse outcomes. So, it is important to include adequate amounts of iron, vitamins C, vitamins B12 and folate in your routine diet in order to stay healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!