Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old. Men, I had heart problem angioplasty has been done 3 years ago. I am looks slim ht 5'11, wt 68 lbs . I want to build my body as well as I want to do more physical exercises like treadmill . Is there any problem, if I do any workouts as well as treadmill. Please advice me.
Even though my 3d echo reports are normal feeling heavy in centre of chest is less vitamin d12 the culprit.
Can you suggest a "model menu" for a person who had angioplasty? Is it necessary to avoid fruits & nuts? Which are the foods to be avoided?
I am 25 yo female. I recently checked my blood pressure which measured 150/107 .it keeps fluctuating 136/98 and higher. Should I take pressure medication? I feel dizzy and have bad headaches. I even am facing anxiety issues .Feel like fainting. My doctor has asked me to change my lifestyle and see after 6 months .but I don't think I can wait that long without doing something about it. Please help.
I have been experiencing severe chest pain after getting exposed to Delhi's air pollution. What should I do?
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.
I am a 69 year old male. High Bp is my problem. I take a lot of medicines to controlit Starpess Xl 100-2, Amlong 5 -2, Angizar 50 -3 andPrassopress 5 -1. I do regular walking my Kidny function seems normal. I eat only moderately and dont smoke or drink. Can you tell me how to reduce the medicines?
I am 23 years old, sometimes dere is chest pain happened and it I resolved after1 minute, and back pain is also occur when continuously work in a position. Tell me.
I were a smoker for 2 years nd now I left the habit. I got pain in my right chest nd cough with yellow and blood mucus in it .am so afraid that because of smoking .is there any serious problem pls reply me.
I am 50 yrs old and physically fit since I am a regular jogger. I get myself medically checked every six months. I did not have any problem with any parameter till last month when my total cholesterol level came as 264 with all parameter within limit except LDL at 180 which is high, Please advice me as to what should I do to bring this level within limit.
Before 20 days back I have suffered from vomiting for 2 days and after my doctor doctor has say me about less oxygen in body and I have trouble in breathing. So I admit in private hospital and Dr. Analysis and taking various report I have passed from heart attack. After 4 days I am relive from hospital. So what I have to do for further treatment any remedies in ayurveda about heart and breathing improvement.
I am 19 year old male I had panic attack around 4 months ago .I had heart palpitations at that time and suddenly it feels like it stopped beating and the fear leads to my 1st panic attack. But after that it become a cycle of fear of death. I don't know how to get out of it. I had fear of death when I was around 10 but then I knew that it will happen after 60-70 years after but in now it feels like I am going to die everyday. And the old child anxiety of death is dragging me with more effective force. What to do?
Cholesterol within normal limits is required for normal functioning of human body.
It is transported by lipoproteins, known asldl or bad cholesterol and hdl or good cholesterol.
Ldl is so termed because it narrows vessel wall by deposition of fat whereas hdl scavenges ldl.