Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay MahindruYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have pimples on my face so please guide me which ointment will used. My skin as oily skin sir.
I have already asked this question and I am asking this again with a bit detail. I have noticed white spots on my skin at my arms, shoulders, neck and chest from past few days. I forgot to take a shower immediately after taking a dip in the swimming people which was probably containing bleaching powder with water a couple of days ago. The white spots don't itch and are increasing a bit more each passing day. And I stay exposed to the sun very often without any sunscreen or any lotion. Kindly provide a possible cause of this problem and a remedy as well. I Don't get enough time to see a doctor, so write a prescription as well.
I have facing so much acne problem on my face l, many dark spots are also increasing, please give me some solution to come out from this diseases.
I am 17 years old boy. Mera eye ka neecha kala hona laga hai. Iskliya mai kya karu mujha koi gharalu upchar bataiya. Mai raat ko sirf 4 ghanta soo pata hu issa mera skin ka upar effect toh nahi hoga.
Sir am 50 yrs having pigmentation marks on cheeks n nose. Pl help me in removing the marks as am very much disturbed. I hv tried all treatments but in vain.
I have piles prob and prostate too. For the last 15 years, age 60yrs, weight 79kg. Height 5. 5. In delhi, no suger no b. P. Rest all ok
I am having dark circles and due to sun my skin colour got dark so suggest something homemade remedy how to get rid from this problem.
I have small holes on my face. I want to get rid of those. Will you please suggest any good treatment or medication. Thanks.
Antibacterial, medicated soaps and washes are majorly advertised to be the best for maintaining a healthy, bug-free skin. You might think anti-bacterial washes and soaps kill harmful bacteria and germs lurking on your skin. However, antibacterial hand and body washes containing certain chemicals have recently been banned by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). They may be causing more damage to your skin, body and the environment and are no better than ordinary non-medicated soaps and washes.
A few valid reasons why you shouldn't use antibacterial washes:
- Antibacterials may lead to the growth of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: Bacteria cannot be killed by the very low doses of antibacterials present in these so-called antibacterial products. Moreover, these products are typically washed off in less than 30 seconds, not enough time to kill any microbe. Remember, to kill any germ effectively, your physician normally administers antibiotics round the clock for at least 5-7 days! Bugs are smart and with exposure to small doses and short durations, learn and quickly adapt to become resistant to these antibacterials. Later, during actual infections, even high doses of antibiotics are unable to kill these bugs.
- Antibacterial washes have the potential to perturb the environment: The common use of these products by millions of individuals causes a huge amount of antibacterial products to flush down the drains. These reach natural waterbodies in lakes, rivers and groundwater. This disrupts not only other natural microbes, algae and fish but many other natural aquatic organisms, resulting in damage to many natural systems.
- Antibacterial washes disrupt normal body functions: In animal studies, some of these antibacterial chemicals are found to cause disturbances in hormones, heart muscle, sperm, brain, and bone. Though these changes have not been thoroughly studied in humans yet, they may still result in minute changes which may have a larger impact over time.
- Risk of allergy increases: Your skin contains many kinds of good microbes which not only protect your skin from other harmful microbes but are also good for your overall health balance. By altering the normal flora of human skin, antibacterial washes may alter the immunity levels of our bodies. This may result in development of allergies.
- Antibacterial Washes are no better than normal, non-medicated, regular washes and soaps: Plain regular soaps and washes are as effective in washing of germs and for maintaining personal cleanliness as any other specially formulated and expensive antibacterial soap or wash. Also keep in mind that products labelled, organic, or 'natural' are not necessarily safe. Simply use ordinary, inexpensive, non-medicated soaps or washes of your own choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.