Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay KhannaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year's old some time when I take stress then. I feel acidity how I over come from this situation.
From 2014 and 2015 2 times I gone for urine culture test in that report its shows EcoLi bacteria is found and I used antibiotic medicines for that , is this bacteria will harm? And I suffering from gastric problem also from 2 years onwards, because of this bacteria only I am suffering with gastric?
I am doing night shift acidity problems arise it will effect negative impact? Also I need health tip for night shift work.
I am rakesh 30 yrs and after bowl movement I get burning sensation in the anus. I had piles two years back. Can you please suggest me some medicine ?
I have regular constipation and gas, also heaviness in right side of stomach. Please give suggestion for cure it.
I am 28 year old male. I am suffering from the problem of acidity and headache from last few days. Due to which I got irritated soon. Kindly suggest cure.
I am 26 now. Male.last 2 months I am affected by severe gastric problem. And also cause insomnia due to gastric. How could I over come from this problem.
I am a 20 year old female suffering from gerd since childhood I usually regurgitate the food I eat but never had severe acidity problems I take rabeprazole 20 but since a week I have severe acidity problem n it worsens as I eat a chocolate or have tea I have heartburn shivering anxiety mild chest pain or sort of pinching near my breastbone I have taken many antacids.
Hello Doc, I suffered gastritis in 2013 and my doc prescribed me etizolam tablets 0.5 mg in morning and 0.5 mg in night. Now the problem is that I'm not able to quit these tablets. I tried to taper it but after tapering I suffer it's after effects. Please help me I want to get rid of these tabs any how.
Dear Sir My wife 33 years old has suffering gallbladder stones for sometimes. Ultrasound report are as follows Gall Bladder: Hugely distended gall bladder is noted with slight thickening (4.1 mm) of itâs wall. Multiple calculi (3.7 â 5.2 mm) are seen in the gallbladder lumen with acoustic shadowing. Liver The liver is mildly enlarged in the size and hyperchoice. Common Duct: Normal dimension (2.4 mm) of the common bile duct is seen. No intraluminal echogenicity is noted. Portal vein: The lumen is free. It measure 10.8 mm. No abnormal collateral seen. Pancreas: Pancreas slightly bulky and hypoechoic with peripancreatic fat infiltration. Spleen:Normal dimension of the spleen is seen (10. 0 cm). It shows normal echotexture. Last week she was admitted in hospital for pain and vomiting. Now she was released by hospital and takes medicine regularly in medical supervision. But Dr. says to remove the gal bladder by surgery. Kindly advice if it is possible to clean or remove the stones by homeopathic medical treatment. If possible, kindly advise what is the process and which medicine should to take. Duly respect I am waiting to hear your positive reply.
I have disease of colitis problem so I can't understand how can I remove from this problem, I suffering from irregular bowel problems. I had consulted with doctor but I have no remedy.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery.