Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Sanjay Gupta

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics

Orthopedist, Delhi

30 Years Experience  ·  200 at clinic
Dr. Sanjay Gupta MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics Orthopedist, Delhi
30 Years Experience  ·  200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Dr. Sanjay Gupta is a popular Orthopedist in Fatehpur Beri, Delhi. He has been a successful Orthopedist for the last 30 years. He has completed MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics . He is currently practising at Tirath Ram Shah Hospital in Fatehpur Beri, Delhi. Book an appointment online with Dr. Sanjay Gupta and consult privately on has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - UCMS - 1987
MS - Orthopaedics - Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi - 1992


Book Clinic Appointment

Tirath Ram Shah Hospital

#2, R.b.l.isher Das Sawhney Marg, Rajpur Road, Civil Line. Landmark- Near Metro Sation, DelhiDelhi Get Directions

Hans Charitable Hospital

2001-2, Banda Bahadur Marg, G.T.B Nagar, Outram Lines Landmark : Opp Mukherjee Nagar Police Station, near GTB Nagar Metro stationDelhi Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay Gupta

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I met with a bike accident some days before. I had head injury too. I have back pain since last three days and have fever from last day. Suggest me what to do.

MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Surat
Take nat sulph 200 1 dose and then start taking nilhilinum 30 3 doses for a week and then revert me back
Submit FeedbackFeedback

It is rheumatoid arthritis. Every joint swells and my mother suffers severe pain. Specially foot joints, finger joints and hand joints. Though treatment is going on some time it is unmanageable. Dr. Have prescribed steroids. Is it safe to continue?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), diploma in anorectal disease
Ayurveda, Kolhapur
No steroids is for instant relief for pains. But it let your disease in to bad conditions as it decrease your immunity. So my advice is to not continue it. Just follow ayurvedic medicines for long term effects.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Doctor, I have a pain in my feet for 3 days after running with wrong shoes. Please help cure this issue.

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hi, Apply Rumalaya lineament and gently massage for 10-15 mins. Then immerse the feet in a bucket filled with hot water for 10-15 mins. Do this twice daily for a week.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Something I have pain in my half of the head above the neck. I have cervical also. Is that is pain is also because of cervical? Please recommend me something.

General Physician, Bangalore
Hello, get doppler of the neck vessels, xray of the neck, lipid profile, ecg and then consult a physician /orthopaedician and decide bye.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 41 year old. More pain coming from both knees. Steps ascending and descending, sitting and standing. Kindly advice this problem.

Master in Physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Hubli-Dharwad
Practice regular walking, avoid stair climbing and sitting on floor. Reduce weight if your over weight. Practice knee exercises by consulting physio. Take care
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband is a civil engineer. But he is suffering from muscular pain in legs. He sometimes feel he does not have stamina to stand. Mostly has pain in legs all the time. Please kindly suggest what to do.

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
Firstly take rest heat fermentation and muscle relaxant medicine then start stretching exercise and do strength exercise in gradually process.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 42 Yrs old female. I met with an accident in March 16 and got ligament injury on my right foot (just below right knee). Right now I am not taking any medicine for that. But Pain is still there. I am not even able to fold my right leg 100%. As I am working, I can't even take leaves. Pl. Advise how much time it will take to recover completely. Should I take some medicine or do some exercises to recover early? Kindly reply asap.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Mohali
Hello miss, you tell me you have an accident and after that you have pain. It shows that fracture or starches mussels. So first clear it by taking x-rays of leg then you take better advice. But still now you take ambah haldi powder 1 tea spoon at night with milk. And take heat on legs where you feel pain.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir kal mera bike se accident ho gaya tha Mere leg ke backside me pain ho raha hai.Please tell.

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
do Take IFT and laser Therapy for pain relief for 12 days followed by strengthening exercise from Neuro physiotherapist best wishes
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had back pain especially when I bent or sitting without back support. What should I do.

M.S. -ORTHO, Fellowship In hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
Orthopedist, Surat
Lybrate-user, you just need strengthens your back muscle. Do strenghthening exercise for your back thanks
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a back pain and leg pains since two years I can't Walt long it pains to much I have used pain killers also.

MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
Orthopedist, Pune
Hello Lybrate user,  Back pain that is associated with day time sedentary jobs like computer professional s are associated with paraspinal muscle spasms. The best way to tackle this sort of pain is to do well spaced Stretching exercises of the back, back extension exercises, using hot water bags to provide relief and avoiding stooping posture while sitting. Posture also plays a very important part in back pain, always maintain a straight posture while sitting. While getting up from the bed try to first go on your left or right side of the body and get up side ways. Avoid Cruntches or Sit-ups: they may increase the pressure on your back and may predispose to Slip Disc. Always maintain a healthy Lifestyle in terms of regular brisk walking, meditation, eating healthy. P. S: Try to avoid pain killers (Analgesics) as much as possible as many are associated with Side effects that you may not be aware of. Stay Healthy. Stay Happy God bless you.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Pain at bottom of feet in carve since a month. doctor, suggest hot and cold water dip. No much relief. Today I felt fever with backache.

FAMS, MS - Orthopaedics, Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
Orthopedist, Indore
Dear pain in the curve of the foot (the arch) is because of strain (pressure) on it. This is called foot strain. If not treated properly may lead to secondary flat foot (primary is by birth). Do contrast bath as you r already doing, put a soft arch support in your shoe (they are available in special medical shops) and go to a physio for faradic stimulation and do exercises to strengthen the short and long muscles of the foot and ankle. Medicines do not help in this condition. You can take a pain killer sos. You will settle in about 6 weeks time but ct. Execises for 6 months and avoid standing at one place for long hours. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What are the common causes of Back Pain?

Doctor Of Physical Therapy (DPT), Bachelor of Physical Therapy
Physiotherapist, Bangalore
What are the common causes of Back Pain?

What are the common causes of back pain?

Back pain can be caused by one or combination of several factors.
Some of these are:

Muscle or ligament sprain
This can occur due to poor posture, repeated heavy lifting, sudden awkward movement.

Bulging or herniated disc (slipped disc)
Discs are like cushions between our spinal verbrae which absorb shock. Due to repeated stress or sudden awkward force the disc material can bulge or protrude and press on nerve. Bulging discs may not painful and pain is mostly when it presses or irritates a nerve coming out of the spine.
Problems of the disc are called spondylosis.
Cervical spondylosis (neck area)
Thoracic spondylosis (upper and mid back area)
Lumbar spondylosis (low back area)

Osteoarthritis (degeneration of joints in the spine) can occur due to excessive stress on spine and also as we age.

This causes thinning and weakening of the bones in the spine.
The bone density and calcium is low and the risk of fractures is higher in people having osteoporosis.

Deformities of the spine
Abnormal curvature of the spine from birth or developed later in life can cause back pain.
Scoliosis, kyphosis etc.

It is very important to find the cause of the pain as treatment approaches are different depending on the problem. Knowing the root cause helps to create awareness that can prevent it from recurring.

My mom 75 years suffering from osteo pain & recently 3 months back fallen in drawing room and now suffering from muscle stiffness. Walker being used but no significant improvement in body condition. Kindly suggest suitable course of action to be initiated.

MD-Ayurveda, Basic Life Support (B.L.S), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Ahmednagar
As due to old age movements are restricted. Our herbs work very effectively in such patients. Consult me in private for details to help her.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is suffering from severe and chronic joint pain. What should i do to help reduce her pain?

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Rule out diabetes. Caldikind plus (Mankind)1Tab ODx10days Paracetamol 250mg OD & SOS x 5days Make sure she is not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to give her.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Fractures - How To Diagnose Them?

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics, Fellowship in Shoulder Surgery
Orthopedist, Gurgaon
Fractures - How To Diagnose Them?

Fractures are simply a break in a bone. They can be caused due to injury, (traumatic fractures) or a pre-existing condition like osteoporosis that causes weakening of bones (pathologic fractures). There are many ways to classify fractures. All fractures fall into the major categories of simple and compound fractures. Simple fractures are fractures where bones remain inside the skin and don’t jut out. They are also called closed fractures.

Compound fractures, also called open fractures, are broken bones that penetrate through the skin. These types expose the bone and deep tissues to the environment. Compound fractures are more serious of the two. The healing here may be affected due to deep infections for which antibiotics need to be used. There are many different sub types of fractures and we’re only going to skim through them here.

  1. Comminuted fractures: Severe fractures in which a bone breaks into several smaller pieces.
  2. Avulsion fractures: A small piece of bone is completely torn off from the main bone due to fierce pulling off a part of the body.

Other types of fractures are characterised by the many different angles the bone breaks into like transverse, oblique and spiral fractures.

When a bone is broken there are symptoms like swelling that doesn’t subside on its own and pain. In such a case it’s imperative that one goes to a doctor for a diagnosis. Doctors can usually recognise most fractures by examining the injury and taking an X-ray. The X-ray also provides a clear idea about the type of fracture and the degree of displacement of the bone. And, it’s important that the patient doesn’t wait too long before approaching a doctor. This is because bones begin to heal very quickly after a fracture and the bone tissue will heal using any tissue available. This can lead to a misalignment of broken pieces of bone and cause disability and loss of function.

There are cases when X-ray may not show a fracture. This is especially common in fractures in the hip and wrist in older people. For diagnosing these, doctors will get some other tests done such as a computed tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or a bone scan.

Fractures have to be treated by doctors. The doctors set the fractured bones in their proper place and hold them there so that they can heal. Setting a bone is called "reduction." Reduction without surgery is called "closed reduction." But if the fracture is serious, it’s going to require surgery with bone repositioning, called open reduction.

In extreme cases, pins, plates, screws, rods, or glue are used to hold the fractured bones in place, inside the body. Once the bone abutment has been treated, the bone is immobilised to allow the broken pieces to heal. In most cases, the fractured part is set in a rigid cast. The fractured ends of the bone can be fixed into place using metal pins connected to an external frame. This is removed after the bone has healed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.

4127 people found this helpful

I am having leg injury how to care tell medicine and what we eat time to time doctor.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, Tk, homoeopathic medicine:@ Arnica mont 200-6 pills, thrice. Avoid, jerks, cold intake. Tk, care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having pain in my leg and moreover I am having a flat foot and as I do not know cycling, I prefer walking always and use public transport/auto for other purpose. I am a strict vegetarian and brahmin and always prefer home food only.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, Where is the pain exactly in leg? Usually flat-foot people do face this problem which can be corrected only by wearing specially designed arched-shoes or slippers. Never ever use flat slippers. Talk to your Orthopedician for further details.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed