Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay GoelYour feedback matters!
We have been trying to conceive for 1 year. Every cycle I have sore breast right after ovulation till my periods. This month my sore breast disappeared 6 days after ovulation with a sudden temperature dip and a sudden temperature hike in my charts. Is there any chance of a positive pregnancy test?
My period date was 17 of this month but m still not on my periods, m getting scared now, on ma last period first day only I had sex with my boyfriend with out condom, but aft my periods got over we had sex lot of time but we always used condom only the day I was on periods n very first day itself we didn't used condom he didn't cum also inside me, but every single time after that we used condom but from last 4-5 days m having sings periods like stomach pain nall but m not getting periods please doctor please help me out tell me why it's happening n how to get out of this please doctor please.
I have sore breasts, nausea after eating, slight cramping, bloating, alot of pressure on stomach and a late period which is very deep in colour but very watery and thin.
How can my wife be pregnant how I do start sex with my wife any solution here.Please guide me for that
What to do if period comes more than 10 or 12 days? one of my friend is facing this problem, I thought this application would be helpful to know about this query.
I had intermanustral bleeding for 10/12 days. Thn it stopped. Bt after intercourse again it has started. I would lke to knw. why has this happened.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your sex without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
- Intra Uterine Device: A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off.
- This causes puncture in the uterus.
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting.
- Depo Provera Hormonal Injection: This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue.
- Decrease of bone density.
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place.
- Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and blood clots in very rare cases.
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted.
- Condoms: Effective condoms are made of latex or polyurethane. Unrolled, condoms look like long, thin balloons. They prevent body fluids from mixing when two people have sex. The condom is put onto the penis before the penis comes into contact with the vagina, mouth, or anus. General Tips:
- Use a water based lubricant to decrease the chance of the condom breaking.
- To decrease the chance of the condom slipping down the penis or falling off inside the vagina, pull the penis out of the vagina right after ejaculation.
- Hold the rim of the condom onto the shaft of the penis during withdrawal.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.
- Never re-use a condom.
- Vaginal Ring: Mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache.
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
- Diaphragm: A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
- Hormonal implants: This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery.
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out.
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted.
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I want to have sex with my wife without condom and also want no pregnancy. Please tell me the days of safe sex regarding no pregnancy from her periods.
Hi. It's 2nd time I am posting the same question as I was getting contradicting answer from different doctor. Durashape medicine (l-leucine550 mg+PYRIDOXAL-5 PHOSPHATE 7.5 mg)twice daily. Can I take to reduce my body fat while breast feeding. I used to take it pre pregnancy prescribed by my doctor to reduce my Pcod weight. I do not have access to the same doctor and doctors here do not know about this medication. Please please please give me an honest advice.
My friend sister is getting pain in left side of the breast last 10 days. Local Doctor has advised it may be tumor. Please advice good lady Doctor. Thanks,
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!