Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pyria (Dental) in every five days our Masura every 10 days sewling what is the permanent solution
I have been diagnosed with OSMF early stage. My mouth opens 3.7 mm. I have very slight whitish layer all over my mouth rough, 2 small brownish patch and a single very small ulcer from 3 days. My doctor prescribed me only to stop eating Supari and Antoxid HC for 30 days. So my question is whether all this whitish layer go off and become a healthy mouth as I have stopped eating Supari from 5 days?
I generally have white bumps in the upper part inside my mouth and also have problem of itching in vaginal part where we have hair which disease it could be?
My friend has lost all the taste in her mouth. She is able to eat everything but as she feels no taste, she doesn't feel like eating. What can be the cause of this? Please provide some solution.
My teeth are not bright white and enamel is also damaged. Gum pains sometime. I want a bright smile. What should I do?
Hi my age is 26 I got metal capping procedure without rct in my left and right maxillary 1st molar but both got removed now I want to get my molar fix by composite filling is that possible because I face to much problem and pain while chewing anything.
Can mouthwash be replaced with smearing toothpaste over our teeth and then rinsing? since our teeth just needs fluoride and mouthwash is most probably a product created by marketing.
I have been suffering with geographic tongue for the past two years. I consulted many doctors but still I am facing this problem.
I have a problem of coming pimple like bumps inside the mouth. After every 2 or 3 weeks it comes again. What should I do now to be cured from these bumps?
I removed my wisdom tooth 2 days before but my cheek swelling I tried my best eg ice pack heat etc but no change its 3rd consecutive day I am feeling what should I do now?
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.