Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sangita HansYour feedback matters!
From 2 days ago I have pain in throat. After eating 2 days medicine still the tonsils are getting white. There are white patches on the tonsils. Its very painful when I eat something.
Hello I'm 35 years female my teeth are chipping by themselves I'm scared What could be the cause ? is it due to deficiency of any vitamin ? please advise
I am diabetic for last 35 yrs and my age is 65 yrs i" m on insulin humalog mix 25 and also take janumet 50 x 1000 but my fasting is still 190 please advise
There are two kidneys in the body on the right and left sides, which have a significant role in metabolism, as outlined below.
- Regulation of minerals, including sodium and potassium
- Production of urine through which metabolic wastes, including urea, are cleared out
- Production of the hormone renin which is essential for controlling blood pressure
- Production of the hormone calcitriol which ensures the bones receive the required calcium
- Production of the hormone erythropoietin which is essential for proper red blood cell growth.
Any impaired kidney function leads to all these associated organs being affected, such as increased blood pressure, improper bone functioning and blood cell formation. So, whenever a kidney disease is suspected, early diagnosis and treatment is very essential. This results in minimal treatment and better prognosis.
Most people undergo an annual chemical test to check the blood and urine, which would indicate increase in protein levels or other abnormalities. When there is increase in the protein level, a kidney disease needs to be ruled out. One of the best ways to identify renal issues is to do a renal scan. Some of the common reasons for getting a renal scan done are listed below:
- To assess the blood flow through the kidneys. Improper flow often is a result of arterial narrowing and high blood pressure. This could be the first step in diagnosing hypertension. This is usually followed by a blood chemical test, which indicates the increased amount of protein and urea in the blood.
- To check the abnormalities in the shape, size, and structure of the kidneys.
- To assess kidney disorders like tumours, cysts, abscesses, etc.
- To assess the effect of injury on the kidney from a trauma or injury.
- To identify renal stones, the size, number, location, etc., which is essential for planning the treatment.
- To find and assess any growth in the kidney. To assess the efficacy of the treatment for kidney diseases.
- To assess how well a transplanted kidney is functioning.
- The good thing about a renal scan is that it can help identify more than one problem during a single scan.
What is done?
A radioisotope material is injected into a vein and the flow of this material is then monitored. This scan evaluates the blood flow through and to the kidneys; how the urine flow takes place; and the size/structure of the kidneys. The scan will take about two hours to complete. A renogram is a graph that shows the flow of the tracer through the kidney.
A different density of uptake indicates different disease conditions. It is usually a painless procedure other than the slight discomfort caused by the needle prick. The results are usually available within two days for the doctor to interpret and take appropriate action.
Sir, I feel hyper acidity after taking meal, heart burn. And I feel this problem from last one year. Please suggest what I do.
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer - People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease - According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity - People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol - High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders - In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition
Ayurveda & Psoriasis
As per the Ayurveda outlook, the imbalance of vata and kapha doshas leads to skin disorders, but with the help of certain herbs one can restore the balance of these two dosha. 5 common herbs, which can help are:
- Garlic: Garlic is a blood purifier and helps in treating the skin disorders, which often occur due to impure blood.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is an amazing plant and has great healing properties, as often Jasmine flowers are crushed and their paste is applied on the psoriasis infected parts of the skin.
- Neem: Neem is one of the best detoxification and purification agents known to man and has antiseptic properties as well. Neem has a lot of benefits as it can fight bacterial and viral infections effectively.
- Guggul: Guggul is highly beneficial in treating as it is known as the best vata and kapha balancing herb. It has lipid-lowering and anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Turmeric: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric helps in relieving pain, swelling and inflammation associated with psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 19 years old. I have asthma since 10 years I can't breath properly while suffering from asthma. I can't eat cool items like ice-creams and I can't inhale the air while travelling. So what I have to do for this.
I am 20 male. I had loose motions for two days and I thought it would be a regular one. Nd will be alright. But today is the third day and m still have motions but only stomachache is occurring. And I am in very pain tell me solutions fast.
Calcium rich foods - broccoli, yoghurt, cabbage, and milk - should be consumed in higher quantities as they naturally fight muscle spasms and also lessen the pain caused by cramps during menstruation.