Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Sangita Chatterjee Bisoyi
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Hypercholesterolemia
Treatment of Lactation problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Management of Diet in Stones
Healthy Heart Diet
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Treatment of Metabolic Disorders
Submit a review for Dt. Sangita Chatterjee BisoyiYour feedback matters!
She is too good at her job. She spends so much time explaining things. She makes me feel so motivated to loose weight. I am losing weight at a good pace, my dark circles are reducing which i thought are impossible to get rid of. My skin is glowing. And diet guven is also good. I dnt feel hungry at all. The diet food she tells is so good. I am actually in love with oats which i used to hate. All in all she is the best for your health. You can visit her without any single doubt in mind.
She is a very good doctor and has vast knowledge. She has changed my opinion regarding diet. She gives food every 2 hours. She also gives recepi for healthy dishes, which are very easy. She explains everything in detail. She makes me lose 14kg weight and my skin complexion also get improved. She is very encouraging. My others problem also get controlled like Pcod.
My experience was awesome. She knows how to counsel foodie like me and make her lose weight. The doc is highly knowledgeable and methodical in process. Her diet plans are very good and the recipes helped me a lot. She is not only friendly but also very motivating. I would love to consult her again. Thanks to her.
She is very dedicated to her job. During my pregnancy I gained a lot. Following her diet chart I loose weight at a good pace.Her diet plans helped me a lot.I never feel hungry at all.All is that she is the best dietician and is best for your health.you can visit her without any doubt in mind.Thanks to her.
Shes extrmly helpful courteous encouraging and understands all your problems and tries to give best solutions. More than a doctor i see a frirnd in her and im fortunate to come across her. God bless u wid more n more success Sangita
She is really good. I am losing weight at a healthy rate. She has helped me keep me motivated. I would definitely recommend her to my friends.
Very supportive, informative and cooperative. Explains
Very good experience I reduce 15 kg weight
Informative and guiding
Helpful in respect,
My consultation with Dt.Sangita started 4 months back. I was looking for a reliable dietitian who won't play with my health and guide me effectively. With PCOD, Thyroid problems I had gained immense weight and was discolored. I had irregular periods and was unable to conceive. With her healthy diet plan and worthy counselling, i have lost over 15 kgs in 4 months and regaining my vigor and vitality. The blemishes in skin have reduced drastically and periods have started becoming regular since last month. It has been a great experience with her and I strongly recommend her for all life style disorder diets and healthy weight-loss.
It was extremely good. She spent enough time in explaining me things behind food science and motivated me well. I am on a weight losing spree now with a glow in my face
She is great. She listens to all my problems properly and give solutions to the same. I have lost 10 kgs in 3 months all thanks to her diet plans. I have never felt hungry during her diet plans.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is time to think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill effects of these snacks all around us. This is where snacks like fox nuts are gaining popularity. Grown in the wetlands of Asian countries, they are also known as phool makhana (because of their flowery appearance) and lotus seeds.
They are a great snack and have multiple benefits. Read on to know about this wonderful, economical, tasty, and healthy dish.
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content makes them very useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in the pregnant mother
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical, and has little hazards on your health, grab a bowl of fox nuts.
Are you aware of the function of appetite hormones in your body? Appetite hormones or hunger hormones are the hormones which are responsible for making you feel hungry, and also account for a decreased appetite, which is common for all of us at times.
Leptin and Ghrelin are the two primary appetite hormones, which are produced in your body.
Ghrelin is your body’s appetite increasing hormone, which gets released in the stomach. It is responsible for signaling hunger to your brain. It is said that the ghrelin levels in your body play an important role in how quickly you feel hungry after having a meal. Usually, the ghrelin levels increase before you eat. This signifies that you are hungry. They go down for almost three hours after your meal. It is believed that ghrelin plays a more important role in the regulation of your body weight, which is a much more complex procedure.
Among the two appetite hormones, leptin accounts for being the appetite suppressing hormone. It is considered to play a more important role than ghrelin in maintaining the energy balance of your body. It is also believed that leptin is responsible for the regulation of ghrelin. Leptin helps in signaling the brain that your body has enough energy in the form of body fat. It is considered that the more fat you have, the more amount of leptin is present in your blood. However, the level varies based on factors such as when you took your last meal, and your sleeping patterns.
How to control your hunger hormones?
There are certain ways by which you can control your appetite hormones. It can be done primarily by avoiding food items that contain high fat. When you eat, messages are transmitted to several parts of your body, indicating that you have had enough. While consuming fatty food, this system does not send messages as effectively. Consuming fat makes you consume more calories, which in turn lets you store fat and gain fat.
It has been proven that either a diet which is rich in good carbohydrates or a diet which is high in protein, suppresses your ghrelin production more effectively than a high fat diet. It is important for you to get proper sleep for controlling your appetite hormones. Studies prove that sleep deprivation is associated with an increase in your ghrelin levels, appetite, and hunger, compared to people who get 10 hours sleep on a regular basis.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take medical efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible.
You are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
1. Check your heart: There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as a hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
2. Neuropathy: Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (which affects toes, feet, legs, hand and arms) and Autonomic (which affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
3. Nephropathy: Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
4. Foot ulcers and amputations: Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, Charcot joint or Charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region.
5. Retinopathy: Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina.
Do you feel guilty about consuming too much chocolate lately? Well, don’t. Chocolate has various health benefits that even chocoholics are unaware of, which makes moderate amounts of chocolate a must add to your diet.
Here are a few reasons why you should be consuming more chocolate:
- High nutritional value: Switching to dark chocolates is a wise choice as they are packed with a number of nutrients, which make them equivalent to any other healthy food nutritionists recommend. 100 grams of dark chocolate contains 11 grams of fibre and is packed with zinc, iron, phosphorous and potassium, which classifies it as a nutritious choice.
- Helps in promoting better sexual health: Chocolate is a popular aphrodisiac, which has been known to stimulate blood flow to the different parts of the body. Indulging in chocolate also helps you to get rid of apprehensions; which is why consuming chocolate acts as a sex stimulator.
- Helps in preventing diabetes and reduces cholesterol: It is ironic how the intake of dark chocolate in moderation prevents the onset of diabetes. The cocoa present in chocolate is proven to improve insulin sensitivity thereby delaying diabetes. The high content of flavonoids in chocolate also helps in reducing cholesterol which lowers hypertension and the risk of suffering from coronary diseases and ailments.
- Chocolate might prevent cancer: Cocoa present in chocolates contains ‘pentameric procyanidin’ which restricts the ability of cancerous cells to multiply and spread. When cancer patients were treated with pentameric procyanidin, it was observed that the required protein for multiplication of cancerous cells was restrained and their division was blocked.
The major health benefits of eating chocolate coupled with the relief a bar provides during PMS and pregnancy, advances the delicious food item to the category of healthy food. Hence, consumption of chocolate in moderate amounts daily is something you shouldn’t refrain from.
Omega 3 is a necessary chain of fatty acids in the body. They can't be produced by the body and hence, are very vital. Omega 3 deficiency means the absence of long chain fatty acids that are required to regulate body function like the cardiovascular, inflammatory and immunity of the body. A deficiency in Omega 3 can be identified easily compared with the lack of other nutrients as there are many symptoms of Omega 3 deficiency.
- Heart Problems: Fatty acids help in reducing heart diseases like high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They slow down the development of blood clots and plaque, which eventually cause clots in arteries. Thus it reduces the risks of heart attacks and other heart-related problems. So if you are suffering from one, you might think about consulting a doctor as these might be due to deficiency of Omega 3.
- Poor Mental Health: Omega 3 acids are considered to be crucial for memory and mental performance. They help in building cell membranes around the brain, which are essential for brain health. Hence the intake of right amount of Omega 3 fatty acids is important when it comes to efficient brain function. Deficit or poor academic performance are some results of less Omega 3 in the body.
- Depression: Omega 3 fatty acids are highly effective in preventing and managing depression. A low level of this healthy fat may increase the risk of depression as well as worsen the symptoms. In fact, Omega 3 fatty acids are more effective than placebos for depression in both adults and children.
- Poor Vision: Falling eyesight or other eye problems are other signs of essential fatty acid deficiency. These fatty acids are an important component of fat molecules, which keep the eyes healthy. They also take care of the proper drainage of the eye fluids thus causing the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma.
- Joint Pains: A low level of Omega 3 fatty acids may lead to inflamed joints, which may eventually cause arthritis. The Omega 3 acids have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the pain and inflammation of the body. The fatty acids also assist in easing joint tenderness, decreasing stiffness and may help lessen the need for medication.
If you feel you have these problems as well, then don’t forget to visit a doctor. A medical practitioner can help in improving the situation before it has worsened too much. So be sure to consult one before it’s too late.
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- High levels of the insulin hormone causes PCOS symptoms like high blood sugar, increased hair growth, weight gain etc. So, refined foods rich in fat and carbohydrates should be consumed in small amounts.
- Whole foods in their natural, uncooked form should be consumed fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans etc. These are low glycemic foods that reduce the glucose circulation by insulin.
- Intake of salt should be very limited. You should not consume more than 3 grams a day.
- Green vegetables have antioxidants. These are good for women with PCOS because they have a high amount of oxidative stress.
- Your daily diet should contain at least 30 grams of fiber to improve the digestion process and remove toxins.
- Milk and dairy products are best avoided because milk helps to increase the level of testosterone (male hormone) in the body.
- Soy products should also be avoided, especially if you are trying to conceive, because they interfere with the ovulation cycle.
- Processed fat is harmful but essential fatty acids found in avocado, fish, olive oil and nuts are important for the body.
- High levels of male hormones also cause high cholesterol. So foods which have high saturated fats like butter, cream, coconut oil and fatty meat should not be included in the regular diet of women with PCOS.
- Protein-rich foods like lean meat, fish, legumes, whole grains are beneficial as protein can stabilize blood sugar. These foods also keep you feeling full and prevent over-eating.
From our early memories, we would have been drilled down with the importance of food and the benefits of eating certain foods. We naturally tend to assume that foods make us grow and sometimes we end up gobbling tons of food with a childhood innocence that they are going to make us taller and smarter in a jiffy. Looking back, we tend to smile at those memories nostalgically. However, in some cases, we grow up or we simply ignore one basic rule of eating the right food at the right time.
Foods are very much related to time and the physics of our body. We can get benefits from them only if they are taken for a certain period. For instance, there are some foods that are beneficial to us but can actually work in a negative way, if taken at a wrong time. For example, there are some foods that should never be taken on an empty stomach. Here are some such foods that you may want to know:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are no doubt full of vitamins and antioxidants. However, when eaten on an empty stomach, these ingredients combine with acidic nature of our stomach and can result in stomach block. They put unnecessary pressure on the stomach and can cause stomach ache. This can be dangerous for people who are already suffering from ulcers.
- Citrus Fruits: Though citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits are high in vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants, they may irritate your stomach when taken first thing in the morning. The oesophagus lining of your stomach gets enlarged when there is no food to digest and taking these fruits can directly enlarge them even more, causing more friction to your stomach.
- Short Crust/Puff Pastry: Pastries can be a good combination for breakfast but it is a strict no on an empty stomach. Pastries and crusts have yeast in them and they simply will not go well for an empty stomach.
- Carbonated Drinks: Carbonated drinks are basically bad for health and imagine having them on an early morning. Nothing can be more troublesome for your stomach than having these carbonated drinks first thing in the morning. They increase the risk of cancer and heart diseases and can also lead to many other complications. Strictly avoid them on an empty stomach.
- Coffee or Tea: Is having coffee the first thing that you do in the morning? You may be unaware but you are actually causing a lot of harm to your body. Drinking coffee on an empty stomach can increase the levels of hydrochloric acid and can lead to constipation vomiting. They also slow the digestion process. Try having a glass of water on an empty stomach; give it some time to settle and then take caffeine.
These are some of the edibles you should ignore empty stomach as it will only turn their benefits into adverse effects.
An autoimmune disease often develops when your immune system, which guards your body against any kind of illness, starts attacking your own body. It decides that your healthy cells are foreign and attacks the healthy cells. Depending upon the type of illness, an autoimmune disease can influence one or various types of body tissue. It can bring about unusual organ development and changes in organ functioning.
A good diet is essential and a basic requirement so that it does not trigger aggravation in the digestion systems and further weaken your intestines. The diet should be taken in small portions to avoid bloating in the stomach. One should eat in small portions after every two to three hours. Some of the dietary measures for an autoimmune disease are as follows-
Stay away from gluten: In case you have an autoimmune disease, you generally require a lab test to know that you need to stay away from gluten. This protein, which is found in wheat, spelt, rye and grain, is connected to numerous immune system conditions.
Locate your reactive foods and discontinue them: Even grains that do not contain gluten like corn and rice can cause reactions in the immune system in a few people. Atomic mimicry happens when your body confuses your own body tissue for the similar kind of proteins found in a few foods. See whether you are having any food that you might be allergic to.
Stay away from refined table salt: Table salt has been shown to irritate and aggravate some of the autoimmune conditions.
Consume egg whites: They have anti-bacterial components and have the property to bind some of the nutrients. A few people will argue that they're fine when cooked. However, if you choose to just have the yolks, you can do so without any worry.
Fermented food: Kimchi, cured ginger, aged cucumbers, coconut yogurt, kombucha, water kefir, and so forth need to be consumed for the vitamins and nutrients they contain.
Diuretics are substances that allow the body to get rid of excess water and sodium. They help in draining out the water by stimulating the kidneys and eliminate sodium from the urine thus, facilitating drainage of excess water. Diuretics are prescribed by the doctor when the body starts to retain excessive fluids.
The conditions that lead to problems such as:
1. High blood pressure: This is a disorder wherein the blood exerts more than the normal force (pressure) against the arterial walls while flowing through them.
4. Edema: A disorder wherein parts of the body tend to swell due to inflammation is called ‘edema’.
5. Impaired functioning of the kidney: Impaired functioning of the kidneys makes it very difficult to flush out the excess sodium from the body thus, leading to fluid retention.
There are certain natural diuretics, which can come to your aid in times such as these. Read on to know more:
3. Hawthorn: A type of natural diuretic that is effective in reducing fluid accumulation and increasing urinary excretion. It also helps in treating problems of the kidney.
4. Juniper: A diuretic that has been used since ancient times. Juniper is very effective in removing excess salt and fluids from the body. The advantage of this plant is that it does not lower downs the level of potassium in the body, a side effect of other diuretics.
Obesity is a serious, chronic disease that can have a negative effect on many systems in your body. People who are overweight or obese have a much greater risk of developing serious conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Bone and joint disease
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Help adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Help children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!