Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Sanghkshema Narayan
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Ms. Sanghkshema NarayanYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 year old student and preparing for govt exams but I can not concentrate on my studies in the last few months. And bad thought specially towards sex issues are constantly run in my mind. So, please help how can I get it off that's why I concentrate on my studies. Thanking you.
Person suffering from depersonalization disorder often feels detached from their thoughts and also have a strange feeling that you are being separated from your emotions and your body. Feeling disconnected from his or her surrounding environment is one of the main symptoms of depersonalization disorder. An affected person might feel like an alien, live in a world of fantasy and fear of getting crazy or depressed, anxious and panicky. A patient with depersonalization disorder does not lose his contact with reality and realizes that his perceptions are unreal. This health condition is a form of dissociative disorder, where the brain gets affected.
Treatment: People seeking treatment for depersonalization disorder are primarily concerned with the associated symptoms such as anxiety and disorder. Treatment is required when the disorder is recurring or long lasting, and when the symptoms cause severe distress. The aim of the treatment is to eliminate all causes of stress when the symptoms show up. The method of treatment depends on the nature of the triggers and on the severity of the symptoms. Here is a list of the most effective treatment methods:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is an effective treatment procedure for depersonalization disorder. Psychological techniques are used to help an affected person recognize his feelings and for communicating his thoughts to a therapist. Thoughts which may lead to depersonalization experience are expressed by a person in this process. Cognitive therapy is utilized for changing dysfunction thought patterns in an affected person.
- Medication: There are no medicines for the general treatment of depersonalization disorder. Several medicines are used to treat the symptoms. In patients who experience depression and severe anxiety, antidepressant and antianxiety medicines may be prescribed. Antipsychotic medicines are also used to cure disordered thinking and improper perception of reality.
- Family therapy: Family therapy educates the affected person's family about the disorder, its causes and the family members learn how to recognize the symptoms.
- Creative therapy: Creative therapies, such as art therapy or music therapy, enable a patient to recognize and express his feelings better in a creative and safe way.
- Clinical hypnosis: This process involves intense relaxation, concentration and focus of attention in order to achieve an altered state of consciousness. This makes a patient more aware, and he can explore his thoughts and feelings, which have been absent from his conscious mind.
Complete recovery from depersonalization disorder is possible for most of the patients. The symptoms go away by themselves after treatment. Treatment makes a person more effective in dealing with stress or trauma, which might act as triggers for further recurrence of this disorder. Treatment is necessary and avoiding treatment might cause severe complications later. It is recommended to consult a doctor for the best treatment measures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!