Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeta ShrivastavYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, My age is now 31 year and my wife age is 29 year. We have one Baby (Boy) and he is 2 and half years old. Now we are confused to get next baby. So please tell me the Right Gap to get a next baby.
My mensuration stopped on 15th may and on 18 the may I had done intercourse with my husband is there any 1% chance to get pregnant?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome also known as Polycystic Ovarian Disease manifests in multiple cysts covering the ovaries, filled with immature follicles (eggs) accompanied by hormonal abnormalities and irregularities in ovulation and menstruation.
While PCOS falls into a group of conditions which don’t have a cure as such, there are natural ways to manage this condition so you don’t experience any symptoms and can get pregnant if you choose to.
What to do?
1. Avoid coffee, alcohol, soft drinks, sugar and juices containing sugar, refined
carbs (white bread, biscuits, chocolate, lollies etc…).
2. Eat small protein rich meals every 3 hours to balance your blood sugar.
3. Exercise regularly – cardio and weights (the more muscles you have the
more fat you’ll burn).
4. Add cinnamon to your cooking. It has been found to improve insulin
sensitivity in women with PCOS.
5. Excess androgen production has been shown to favorably react to intake of
licorice so include some fresh licorice from an organic store.
6. Reduce stress with yoga, mediation, breathing exercises, 8 hours of sleep,
regular exercise, lavender, lemon balm and chamomile tea.
7. Take a good quality multivitamin and fish oil (make sure it’s been tested for
mercury and stabilized with vitamin E).
8. Eat more: adzuki beans, basil, cayenne, chestnut, chives, eggplant, garlic,
ginger, kohlrabi, leek, nutmeg, pepper, rice, rosemary, spearmint and
During her menses, we had sex without precaution and he took an pil. But its 25 days, there is no menses done yet. If she is pregnant then is there any further pill or medicine? Please help me out.
Tips to stay healthy forever.
1. Eat local fruits. Like banana, grapes, chikoo, mangoes. All fruits have fructose so it doesn't matter that your eating a mango over an apple. A mango comes from Konkan and an apple from Kashmir. So mango is more local to u.
Eat all d abv fruits even if you have diabetes as d fructose will eventually manage your sugar
2. Choose seed oils than veggie oils. Like, choose groundnut, mustard, coconut. Don't choose chakachak packing oils, like olive, rice bran etc
Go for kachchi ghani oils than refined oils
3. Ghee n it's benefits.
Eat ghee daily. How much ghee we shud eat depends on food. Few foods need more ghee then eat more n vice versa. Eat ample ghee. It reduces cholesterol.
3. Include coconut. Either scraped coconut over food like poha, khandvi or chutney with idli n dosa
Coconut has zero cholesterol and it makes your waist slim
3. Don't eat oats, cereals for breakfast. They r packaged food n we don't need them. Also, they r tasteless n boring n our day shouldn't start with boring stuff.
Breakfast should be poha, upma, idli, dosa, paratha
4. Farhaan akhtars new ad of biscuits - fibre in every bite. Even ghar ka kachara has fiber, likewise, oats have fiber. Don't chose them for fiber. Instead of oats, eat poha, upma, idli, dosa
5. No juices till you hv teeth in your mouth to chew veggies n fruits
6. Sugarcane is d real detox. Drink d juice fresh or eat d sugarcane
7. For PCOS, thyroid - do strength training and weight training and avoid all packaged food
8. Rice - eat regular white rice. No need for brown rice. Brown rice needs 5-6 whistles to cook n when it tires your pressure cooker, then why do you want to tire your tummy.
A white rice is hand pounded simple rice
Rice is not high is gi index. Rice has mediun gi index n by eating it with daal / dahi / kadhi we bring its gi index further down
If we take ghee over this daal chawal then d gi index is brought further down
Rice has some rich minerals n you can eat it even three times a day
9. How much should we eat - eat more if your more hungry, let your stomach be your guide n vice versa
10. We can eat rice n chapati together or only rice if you wish. It depends on your hunger. Eat rice in all three meals without any fear.
11. Food shouldnt make you scared like eating rice n ghee. Food should make you feel good
12. Never look at calories. Look at nutrients
13. No bread, biscuits, cakes, pizza, pasta
14. Ask urself is this the food my nani n dadi ate? if yes then eat without fear.
15. Eat as per your season. Eat pakoda, fafda, jalebi in monsoon. Your hunger is as per season. Few seasons we need to be fried food so eat them.
16. When not to have chai - tea - don't drink tea as the first thing in the morning or when you're hungry. Rest you can have it 2-3 times a day n with sugar
17. No green tea please no green, yellow, purple, blue tea.
18. Eat all of your traditional foods
19. Strictly no to packaged foods/drinks.
20. Exercise/walk more to digest and stay healthy.
I am experiencing lot of pain in vagina after having sex, vaginal discharge has also increased, I have checked for pregnancy and its negative. Can I know the reason due to which it may happen.
Hi, I am 33 yrs old and mother of two kids. I have painful periods, I am take combiflam painkiller 2 tablet in a day. Should I take it or go with paracetamol?
Hie! I got intimate on 18th oct after that I missed my period for the oct month as the date was 23rd oct and den in nov only slight bleeding came form2-3 days. As I was scared about pregnancy I got allot of pregnancy checks done and all was negative and now I bleed after every 5 days all irregular and not getting proper bleeding what can be the chance.
I had 2 follicles both ruptured on 18 sept. Want to conceive .i have periods like feeling today. Can I be pregnant?
I had foreplay with my girlfriend, it included oral sex by both of us. But we didn't had an intercourse, my gf is scared that what if my finger has entered her vagina and got pregnant. Its been 8 days this happened. I gave her plain mifepristone tab 100mg. Shall I tel her to take the tab. N does t help? As far as I know it was safe but wat if my fingers had sperm. Her menses ar b\w 21-25th of every month. This was happened 8days back I.E on 5th of thz month. Is there risk of pregnancy by the fingers if it had any sperm. I think I touched my penis over her vagina a little whil she was standing. It touched a little. What do you think sir? Please help me.
I am pregnant with 30 weeks now. My lmp was 8 nov 2015. I am o - and m husband is o. This is my first pregnancy and I have done ict on 23 may it came negative result. I visited rml hospital there they did not advice for taking rho gam shot now. They said after delivery your baby will be tested then if she is o then you will given rho gam shot. But on net I read it is given after 28 weeks and also after delivery. So I am confuse to go for rml doc advise by not taking shot before delivery. please advise what to do.
Hello. I have some confusion related to pregnancy. I had suffered from miscarriage about 7 months back. Now I thing I'm pregnant. My expected period date is 19 Nov. But since last week I have lower abdominal pain. My period is comes early about 5 days every months but still it not comes. So what I have to do? Wait for periods or take pregnancy test? Pain is too much n im scared from miscarriage.
Hello Team, We are trying for a baby from the past 5 months. Our Gynecologist suggested for going through follicular study 2 times but that didn't yielded the result infact she find everything fine in terms of Egg size, Egg getting ruptured etc then she asked for few tests TB PCR, AFB Stain, AFB Culture, HPE Small Biopsy, Gene Expert and all of them are negative. Now she has asked my wife to come over again after few days as she would like to check the tubes. Could anyone suggest if we are on right track. We are having a 6 years old daughter who was conceived without any issue. She was even given birth as a normal delivery. Why are we having so much trouble with our 2nd baby. Do you think we should try for more months as 5 months isn't appropriate period of giving up hopes so far we have tried having relation ship on the dates as suggested by our doctor only still we are having no result. My wife is having Folvite tablet is there anything else which you suggest.
I have pain in my lower abdomen and sides of breast for a week now. I generally experience the same before my periods. But this time around the pain started after the periods. What can be the probable cause for the same.
Hi. I have had itching in my penis head from the last two months. Sometimes the itching is very severe that I keep on squeezing the penis head. Its only in the head region mainly where the skin folds on the head. Now there is another problem. I had sex with my wife and she had severe itching on her vagina. Next day her vaginal lips were swollen and she couldn't even walk properly. We went to her gynae and she examined her and gave her some anti fungal medicines and a cream. She was fine after that. Also my itching was gone somehow. We again had sex after like 15 days and again she had the same problem. We went to the gynae again and she gave her medicines for herpes and a cream. She was again fine after 4-5 days. Then we again had sex after few days and oh my god again the same issue with her. We went to her gynae and she again gave her some medicines and this time I also went along with her and asked why it is happening again and again? She said it is some yeast infection and this time she prescribed me couple of medicines and a cream called Nadoxin to apply. Also we underwent some tests for HIV, HCL, Hepatitis, Blood Sugar etc. And our tests were normal. This issue of itching started after I made sexual contact with another women. It was unprotected sex. The itching on my penis started the very next day. And I am 99% sure that it is because of that. But I do not know what to do. Who to consult? And what tests I need to undergo? And if it is a Sexually transmitted disease or just a common bacterial or yeast infection? I do not have that much itching now but whenever I have sex with my wife her vagina lips swell. The whole area is red. She has severe itching. Some white fluid discharge is also there. please help. Suggest.
Dr. we planning for baby but I am not conceiving last 5 mnth after sex sperm come outside the vagina not all so give me suggestion.
My period got delayed. It was delayed 1 week. Last month I got periods on dec 10th. But still I did get my periods.
I'm 4 weeks pregnant . I'm having pain in My right ovary to My right leg! An eco shoes that I have a folicul or cyst 3cm size. Could be this making me the pain? Could this be dangerous? Please help me.
"I don't have time" is one of the most common excuses heard for living an unhealthy lifestyle. When you're working at a full time job, it is often easier to order in from a restaurant and spend the evening watching television to 'cool off' instead of cooking a healthy meal and hitting the gym. However, a busy lifestyle does not necessarily need to be unhealthy. Here are a few simple tips to live a healthier life.
- Cook one pot meals: Cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Experiment with your microwave settings and recipes to find quick meals that can be made in under a minute like quiche in a mug or steamed salmon. Making pasta can be as easy as putting all the ingredients in together into a pot and letting them cook. Find recipes that require minimal grocery shopping and preparation.
- Take the stairs: Elevators are definitely a convenience and cannot be avoided if your office or home is on the 10th floor. To balance convenience and health, get off the elevator a floor or two below yours and climb up the remaining stairs. Obviously working up a sweat by climbing stairs at the beginning of your day at work isn't a good idea so time your stair climbs at the end of the day or when a shower is nearby.
- Avoid snacking: Eat proper meals instead of mindlessly snacking through the day. Keeping a food diary can help you recognize your eating habits and rectify them. If three meals a day does not satiate your hunger, break your meals into smaller portions eaten at more frequent intervals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped.
- Drink plenty of water: Often we snack not because we're hungry but because the body is dehydrated. Water can also boost your energy levels and aid digestion. However, avoid filling your stomach with water before a meal to make you eat less. This can hinder your digestion process and keep your body from receiving its necessary nutrients.
- Cut back on packaged foods: Packaged food is never really all that good for you. In most cases, it is loaded with sugar, sodium, preservatives and artificial flavouring. If you cannot avoid packaged food, pick the one with minimal ingredients.
- Interval training: Spending an hour at the gym is not the only way to exercise. If you cannot find time for a full workout, try interval training. Get off the couch during intervals while watching your favourite soap or take a quick five minute break from your desk to exercise. Regular exercise will also help you sleep better and make you wake up feeling refreshed.