Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 22. I'm in relationship with my boyfriend. We had several times of intercourse. I'm suffering from abdominal pain for 3 days. When we were in an intimate relationship I had this pain. Is it normal to have abdominal pain in that moment (though we had many times)?
Hi i am 18 years old my problem is that my period bleding is not stoping which tablet I have to use please suggest me.
Let's understand how these tiny-mighty seeds help the body and why you must adopt it instantly.
1) High nutritional content - Flaxseeds are energy pumps and a very rich source of dietary fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, carbs, iron, phosphorus, zinc, good fats, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin B1 and you name it! It packs so much of nutrition that your body needs.
2) For Assured Weight Loss - Flaxseeds are famous for this! The seeds are full of healthy fats and fibers, they will keep your stomach full for a longer time. This lowers in-take of calories, thus resulting in weight loss. Also flaxseeds expand when ingested, so you can take it 30 minutes prior to your meals or add a couple of teaspoons to your salads, smoothies, oats etc.
3) For Healthy Skin and Hair - A habit of 1 to 2 tbsp of flaxseeds will keep your hair and skin shining with life. The omega-3 fatty acids benefit the hair and skin by providing them the desired fats.
4) Choice for Gluten Free Diet - Flax seeds are a great choice for the people who are gluten-sensitive or have Celiac disease. The seeds are anti-inflammatory and can be replaced by other inflammation causing grains.
5) Boon For Women and Elderly - Flax seeds help menstruating women by ensuring regularity in cycle. The seeds are also known to fight breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer. With it high soluble and insoluble fiber content, it enhances digestive health. Flax seeds can also reduce cholesterol levels.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 27 years old. Having irregular menses from 5 years. Now I am having rapid weight gain with hairs on chin and areola region and some irritable nature nowadays with anorexia.
Talking about the pros first:
1) Ketogenic diet known to control seizures:
From biblical times, it was known that fasting controls seizures. In a study conducted, it was found that 54% of the patients had complete control over seizures and 26% showed a marked decrease in seizures while on a ketogenic diet.
2) Ketosis helps in weight loss:
In one study of over 400 individuals over a period of a year, it was found that low-carbs diet was as effective as low-fat diets in weight loss. In the short term of six months, the individuals on a low carb diet had even lost on a average of 3.3 kgs greater than those on a low fat diet.
Thus, the low carb diet seems to be a good option for weight loss in the short term.
3) For the diabetes and prediabetes treatment:
As discussed before, the ketogenic diet reduces the blood sugar and thus it is an effective option in treatment and control of diabetes.
From one study on type 2 diabetes patients, after following a low-carbs diet, it was found that the insulin sensitivity improved by about 75%.
In another study the patients even reduced or discontinued their diabetes medication. They found that their glucose came under control after following the low carb ketogenic diet.
4) The ketogenic diet protects the brain:
Most of our brain can use ketones as fuel in times of starvation or low carb diet. This can take place as early as after 3 days of a starvation state.
Also, as discussed before, some children can have a condition where the glucose receptors in the brain are disrupted. Thus, getting energy from glucose might become an issue. Here they might go into seizures. Ketogenic diets bypass this mechanism and prevent this condition.
A lot of research also has given rise to possibility of treatment of alzheimer’s and dementia, by inculcating a ketogenic diet.
5) Protecting the heart, to an extent:
As seen earlier, on a high carb diet, excess glucose is stored in the muscles and liver. Additional glucose is stored in the blood. High blood glucose along with inflammation has also been known to damage proteins in arterial cell walls and cause thickening. This escalates plague build up.
Low carb diet like keto diets have been known to reduce the blood glucose levels and thus protect the heart, to a certain extent. This being said, please read the cons part of this article for the full picture on this subject.
6) Prevention of certain types of cancer:
The ketogenic diet has been used in the treatment of certain types of cancer.
Ketocal, which is a new nutritionally balanced high fat/low carbohydrate ketogenic diet was used to study malignant brain tumors. It was found that, in the experimental mouse and human brain tumors, ketocal was effective against the tumors.
7) Help treat acne:
As per one study a ketose diet might even help treat acne.
Where there is good there has to be evil:
So, lets look at the cons:
1) Heart failure is severe ketogenic state:
There are two cases of sudden death due to heart failure, in children on ketogenic diets for the control of seizures. Both cases showed selenium deficiency. Thus, the hearts condition on prolonged keto diet needs to be monitored closely.
In another study, thirteen patients with congestive heart failure (chf) and cardiac patients without chf took part in a study. It was found that in a ketosis-prone state severe chf occurs.
So, basically in patients with a heart condition, the ketogenic diet should be undertaken after consultation with your doctor. Thus, it can be monitored for adverse symptoms.
2) Deficiency in macronutrients:
Now, ketosis can cause macronutrients deficiency if not monitored properly.
3) Various side effects:
When used in the treatment of children with epilepsy, it was found that the side effects include “dehydration, kidney stones and constipation”.
Other side effects that might be apparent with the ketogenic diet are too much water intake, dizziness, nausea, headaches, etc.
I'm having sever pain in my lower abdomen and today is my first day of menstruation. What should I do to get rid of this pain?
My wife tried ovulation test kit for continuous 5 days at a particular time from day 10 to day 15 of monthly period. But no positive results came. So we r worried a little. Is there any major issue?
Dear Sir/Mam; Till what time we can enjoy love making after pregnancy. Can we enjoy the same till 6 to 7 month of pregnancy. Regards.
I am 26 years old but my breast size it not proper. When I attained puberty I founded a ball kind of thing in my right breast but with time it disappeared. But till now the size has not grown properly. Can you suggest me some remedy?
I am 29 years female and unmarried. I have pcod problem which was known to me when I was 18 years old. I am fair but due to irregular periods I get severe acne on my face and ruined my face to the core. I have been treated by dermatologists and gynecologists and literally I was experimented by lotz n lotz of medicines which helped me in no way. Due to irregular periods I put on weight. Another thing is that, when I was under medication I had severe head ache, nausea, depression and stress as side effects. But even after 11 years of medication the problem still persists. Can you suggest me a treatment that permanently relieves me from this problem.
Sticking to routine is probably not the best idea when it comes to sex. Sex is about getting adventurous and going wild. So here is how you can spice things up in bed and make things interesting when you have been in a long-term relationship.
Here is a list of things that you can do to keep things in the sheets:
- Surprise your partner every once in a while: Everybody loves surprises, especially when it is related to sex. It can be anything, from having your partner not say a word while you yank his clothes off and get busy, to walking up to him with whipped cream on the right parts of your body. The key is to keep things interesting, so maybe do not do this too often. Save it for special occasions.
- Morning sex once a week, at least: Waking up to a mind-blowing orgasm? No better way to start a day. And the best part is that your partner is right next to you. Studies have shown that sex in the morning helps to raise your alertness and keeps your mood elevated all day.
- Share your wildest fantasies: When you have been in a long term relationship, your comfort level is probably at its peak. So go ahead and buy that stringy nurse costume online and surprise your partner. Or go out on a nice long drive, and don’t forget to get frisky with him in the car.
- Holiday themed sex: A Santa hat and a ribbon around your waist. That ought to keep you both busy all Christmas.
- Try a new position every month: The next time you go to the bookstore, grab yourself a copy of The Kamasutra and help yourselves to the more realistic positions. That can give a wonderful twist to your love life.
- Role play: You have been with each other for years now. You both perhaps know each other inside out. Try a little game called role playing where you meet each other all over again. To add to the fun, whip up some new names for each other.
- Put technology to its best use: Send a text explaining all the dirty things you would do to your partner after he gets home. That will have him looking forward to what is coming up all day. Maybe attach a tempting picture of yourself, for men are visual creatures. And don’t forget the “NSFW”. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 21 year old male. I sex with my girl friend. But I just touched 3 to 4 times her vagina. Sperm is not entered. She gone pregnant o not?
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today.
Dear sir/mam It is 8th month of my wife pregnancy. She is suffering of vaginal white discharge. Is it normal.
Hello doctors, I had a sex with my fiancee during the month of April from 22nd, 23,26,27,28th all in protective condition. She ate a I pill tablet on 26th later her period date is on 7th may and it come late by 3 days on 12th may and last for 4 days. Now the next period Date is 10th June and late almost by 3 weeks. Please suggest what need to be done. Now she is feeling headache and pain in stomach with weakness. She is fasting as ramadan In progress. Please suggest what need to be done.
I try positive pregnancy 3 months but till negative result and recently 4 months complete my miscarriage.
Ayurveda recognises how each individual is different and that food intake must vary for each person. Ayurveda in total has identified six taste groups i.e sour, sweet, pungent, salty, astringent and bitter. All these taste groups have health benefits. The inclusion of all of these six tastes gives you satisfaction and provides nourishment and choosing one food group over the other may lead to health issues. A lot of people falter when it comes to eat right and overdo fast food. Eating bitter and pungent foods helps in reducing sugar cravings.
An overall view
The doshas can also be affected by the six tastes. Doshas can increase or decrease depending on the kind of food intake. They fluctuate depending on the laws of attraction. Predominance of ‘kapha’ leads to more accumulation of the same. ‘Vata’ gets pacified by salty, sour and sweet foods. Bitter, sweet and pungent foods reduce 'pitta'. ‘Kapha’ gets reduced by bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
Warm and heavily cooked foods are soothing for ‘vata’ type. Sweeteners, fatty or oily food help ‘vata’. Wheat and rice work wonders for ‘vata’. Vegetables, juicy fruits and cream are good for ‘vata’ as well. However, spicy and hot foods should be avoided.
Pitta is fiery; hence hot foods should be avoided. Cool foods assist digestion. Oil, salt and fat should be taken in small quantities. Ripe and sweet fruits and most vegetables help pacify pitta. Dairy products (except sour ones) are OK in moderation. Mint and coriander cool pitta. Pomegranate, rice and coconuts bring down pitta as well.
Kapha needs warming up and should be stimulated. Dry, warm and light foods lower kapha. Less oil and fat should be used. Barley, rye and buckwheat are grains that are ideal for kapha and so are cranberries and apples. Salt should be minimal for kapha types. Non-fat or low fat milk is ok, but cultured dairy should be abstained from.
Ama, a toxic substance, is believed to form once there is incomplete digestion. You should drink plenty of water at room temperature or warm water to prevent the formation of ‘ama’. Eating what sets your tongue on fire is also healthy for your body.