Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SangeetaYour feedback matters!
I have a 4.5 month old baby and my milk supply has dropped down as I feed him with formula milk. I want to breastfeed him again but he refuses to respond due to low milk supply. Please suggest how can I get more milk so that he breastfeeds again.
I am 26 years old, and I had a 3rd month baby bt breast milk is not sufficient. So I am using 120 ml of lactogen daily. Due to bottle feeding my baby is suffering from cough, doctor asked me to stop bottle feeding, he suggested me to use spoon instead of bottles. My baby is unable to drink with spoon. I used lactare tablets for 1 month bt no use. please can you suggest me how to improve my breast milk.
My daughter is two years old. She is now 10.5 kg. She is very fussy for any kind of food. Her hands, feet and head always remain hot .plz advice.
For 5year old kid..anti biotic is suitable incase he's having stuffy nose,lot of cough,frequent fever,congestion..?
Many patents call a child stubborn if he does not obey instantly. He may be engrossed in a game which he does not want to leave. A child's stubbornness or refusal to cooperate may stem from too many orders,too many demands and the attitude. ' I have said so, and you shall do it. A little laxity will help a lot and the child will cooperate mist of the time if he is not disciplined too much.
My baby is 2 months old initial diagnosis results say he has neonatal hepatitis. What is its cure and how much time will it take for the baby to recover.
My 3 n half months old son doesn't pass his motion daily. But he passes urine for about 6 to 8 times a day. My in-law says that there is some problem with him since he doesn't pass motion daily. Is it a serious issue? Because I heard babies can be like that up to 4 days. Kindly guide me what should I do?
The most important concern that any expecting parent can think about is the possibility of a baby born with birth defects. Birth defects are common in the era of modern medicine and advanced technology, but some of the birth defects are easily avoidable.
Birth defects are either Structural Birth Defects or Functional Birth Defects. The structural birth defects include the infant showing abnormal symptoms and progress in muscles and organs whereas, functional birth defects include the defects in systems, which make the body function properly, such as the neurological and endocrine systems.
The most common structural birth defects are given below:
- Missing or abnormal limbs
- Heart defects
- Club foot (when you cannot put your foot sole on the floor)
- Cleft palate (splits or openings in the mouth's roof)
Causes of structural birth defects: The causes of structural birth defects are mainly attributed to genetic disorders or environmental factors such as conception and pregnancy. The external factors include smoking or drinking during pregnancy, deficiency in nutrition or exposure to viruses and other harmful chemicals.
The common functional birth defects are given below:
- Sensory disorder: Disorders in sensory system that can cause blindness and other problems, such as the loss of hearing abilities (both partially and fully).
- Spectrum Disorder: Problem in proper functioning of brain and the nervous system leading to intellectual impairment, ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and disability in speaking and hearing.
- Immunity disorder: It may cause cancer, autoimmune diseases (wherein your body's immune system attacks the healthy tissues) and allergy disorders.
- Degenerative Disorder: In this case, the child grows normally, but later shows problem in functioning and day to day activities. Examples of Degenerative disorder will include Rett syndrome (rare neurological postnatal condition of the brain's grey area) and muscular dystrophy (continuous muscle weakening).
Treatment of Birth defects: Birth defects are recognized by a series of tests conducted during pregnancy. Prenatal ultrasounds can be used to identify birth defects in the uterus. A sample of amniotic fluid (the fluid which surrounds the fetus) can be done along with blood tests to combat birth defects. Some prenatal tests can be done to determine the infections which the mother might have which can cause harm to the infant. There are many medications available to combat birth defects. However, it must be noticed that majority of birth defects can be diagnosed and cured after birth.
How to care a newborn baby? My baby is a girl she is crying too much. Please help me to relax the baby.
Need a diet list for 15 year old boy. The list should be of north indian food and it should be routine Monday -friday.
My daughter age is 17 month And 10 days. When his age is 6and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
Hello, My son is 3 years old aur us ne abi tak neck holding nai kr pa rha hai, physiotherapy b kerwaya hai, mein asa kya karun k uski neck me power ajaye please reply.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.