Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeet Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
Iam 23 yrs old girl iam facing problem of white discharge called Leucorrhoea and due this I have constant pain in my backbone but this is in white color and doesnot possesses smell or itching or bulging nothing like that, but when I use to get back pain I use to have large amount of white discharge, how to get rid of this problem.
I am 24 years old female and having pain in knee and ankle joints frequently. I've consulted many doctors and conducted many tests but all the results come out to be normal. What should I do?
My father has constantly pain in their legs and they always says that his heel was burning! can you suggests what's the problem behind this n what's the cure? please help me doctors.
My wife age is 50 year and I She has to much pain in her leg. Also all joint of finger and hand pain. Give me advise.
I had traveled a lot in the last week and I have got backache because of that please help me out in this.
I am 65, male, non diabetic. I have left hand frozen soulder. May I know the cause and treatment/excersises please?
Helo, m suffering frm viral fvr, and my joint pain is intolerable. I used mdcne azee, tusQ,and ultra set. Bt no effect. please sugest me better mdcne.
I am 37 years old women. I have joint pain. My esr is 75 in one hour. Mri shows inflammatory process. What treatment shall I go?
Sir my mom is suffering from lower back pain she aged about 57 years please let me know the remedies for the above mentioned subject.
I'm 23 years old I'm suffering from leg pains and I'm practicing for events and I gave gap for 3 days and again I started ground so pain of leg chin bone nd thies.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness.