Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip Kr RoyYour feedback matters!
Sometime when I wake up in the morning, I get cold and start having a running nose. But as the day progresses thinks get normal. What can I do to solve this problem?
I am 40 year old man. I am suffering diabetic last 2 year normally my sugar level pp is above 275. I take glidz m be but not control. What can I do.
Me and my fiance had sex on 27 April 2016 and her mc time was on 10 April. Now on 5 may, she feels nausea and weakness and her upcoming period ll be on 8-10 may. Can you pls tell me. Whether she is pregnant or not. If yes then which pregnancy medicine will useful to control child birth at this stage without any future side effects. Thank you.
I am 19 Years old. I am getting white color solid material on my penis head whenever I take upper skin of penis I usually see few white material on it. Is this a issue? Or its natural?
Hi I am 20 years old. I am getting stomach pain from last two days after taking pills. I have not even ate junk food from last week then also its paining. Need your help.
My sperm count is less while hand job it drops just 2, 3 drops only what I can do to increase sperm count.
I got boy baby exactly two months back by LSCS method. Now I had sex with my wife. Which has any problem? We feel comfort no issue. And stopped before ejaculation. Please tell me this, for this need any precaution?
I have constipation and acidity problem from some time. I have to go to washroom again n again but constipation persists. What to do. Age 20 yrs.
I am 35 year old, I have the problem of ulcerative colitis for 3-4 years. I have problem of mucus and blood in stool. I am on a permanent medicine balcul. Every after 8-10 months the problem gets aggregated.
I have no much hungry as compared to previous. I feel as full filled my stomach even a small things ate.
I get pain in my eye and eye lid. Once it starts paining it goes further to my head travelling to the behind of my ear. I've said its mild sinus and there is no medication for this. I've stopped having all cold things, but still suffer with this even in days time without straining myself.
Bones are very essential for our overall health and movement. Though formed early in life, they constantly require adequate nutrition to manage routine wear and tear. If not done, there could be degeneration of the bone (either rapid onset or progress), which can lead to multiple changes such as limited movement, painful movement and a stooped posture.
A good balanced diet is essential for overall health, but bone health is primarily dependent on two important substances – Vitamin D and calcium.
- Calcium: This is the most important mineral in the maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Diet is the only source of calcium, and if the body does not receive adequate amounts of it, what is stored in the bones is removed, making the bones fragile and brittle and porous. This condition is known as osteoporosis. Calcium requirements differ across age and gender, and the following food items are rich sources of calcium:
- Dairy products like cheese, milk and yoghurt
- Green leafy vegetables
- Sea foods like sardines, salmon and fish
- Fortified cereals and beverages
- Calcium supplements
- Avoid aerated beverages as they impair calcium absorption.
- Vitamin D: More than calcium, the body requires vitamin D, without which calcium cannot be absorbed into the blood stream. Vitamin D is present in the gut. It is responsible for absorption of calcium and maintains serum calcium and phosphorus levels. Vitamin D is again received through a combination of sun and diet. Common sources of vitamin D include:
- Fatty fish such as tuna, salmon and mackerel
- Dairy products like cheese and milk
- Fortified products including beverages and dairy products
- Mushrooms, cereals, etc.
- Unlike calcium, Vitamin D can be produced in the system naturally when the body is exposed to sunlight. However, in people who do not receive adequate sun, supplements are also useful.
- Others: Though Vitamin D and calcium are the main components, the following are equally important for bone health.
- Phosphorus: As part of bone crystals, it is found in meat and dairy products. Phosphorus absorption is better if there is adequate vitamin D.
- Magnesium: This is responsible for bone strength. Older people may need magnesium supplements.
- Vitamin A: It is essential for normal skeletal growth and is found in liver, butter, eggs, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C: It is present in citrus fruits, tomatoes, etc. and is necessary for collagen synthesis.
Tips for maintaining optimal bone health:
- Have plenty of dairy products and soft fish.
- Reduce intake of acidic foods.
- Improve alkaline food intake.
- Increase intake of antioxidants and lycopene-rich foods.
- Moderate alcohol content.
- Reduce caffeine, soda, and sodium.
- Ensure optimal weight management so there is no added pressure on the knees and ankles.
- Maintain optimal levels of physical activity to ensure mobility.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.