Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip DuttaYour feedback matters!
Does your baby’s skin taste too salty when you kiss him or her? Did he or she not poop after being born? These symptoms indicate cystic fibrosis in your baby, which is a condition that changes the way your body makes sweat and mucus. It also affects the functioning of the lungs and digestive system. The condition occurs from a flawed gene. If you have cystic fibroids, your mucus may be too thick or your sweat can be too salty. Heavy mucus clogging in your lungs may affect your ease of breathing. This is a serious and life-threatening disease, but it affects different people in different ways.
The gene known as CFTR is present in everybody. It makes a protein which controls the amount of salt and water that are moved in and out of the cells of the body. In case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken, which occurs if you inherit two bad copies of the gene. A bad CFTR gene may lead your cells to make the wrong amount of water or salt. This makes the body incapable of getting sufficient oxygen and nutrients, as the body loses them via sweating.
Apart from the primary symptoms, several other symptoms are also likely due to cystic fibroids. The common symptoms which your child may experience are as follows:
- Coughing up thick mucus, wheezing and shortness of breath
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or very frequent bronchitis
- Development of polyps in the nose
- Bulky, oily and foul-smelling stool
- Low bone density, widening and rounding of the fingertips and weight loss
- In later life, cystic fibroids may cause liver disease, gallstones or pancreatitis.
There is no specific treatment for cystic fibroids. Several treatments are followed for relieving the symptoms and help patients feel better, breathe easier and have lesser infections or stomach problems.
- Airway clearance technique can help you with breathing as the mucus from the lungs is cleared in the process. There are several ways to undertake airway clearance and special devices can be used for assistance.
- Several inhaled drugs such as salt solutions, steroids and antibiotics are used in thinning the mucus, clearing the lungs and fighting infections.
- Several medicines are used for fighting the inflammation and reducing swelling in the lungs.
- In case your pancreas are not working properly, you can take enzyme pills for digesting proteins and fats for absorbing more nutrients from the food you take.
- Vitamin A, E and D supplements provide the nutrients, which your intestine cannot absorb.
In case you experience the symptoms of cystic fibroids, you should consult a doctor immediately. This will allow you to go for an early diagnosis and effective treatment.
What I do. Meri khasi band nahi ho rahi h Maine test bhi karwaye sab test normal hi nikale fir bhi nahi jaa rahi khasi. Why.
My 7 months old baby is suffering from breathing problem. Cough n cold .1 of my doctor said his nose bone is increasing and swelling. My baby is very much in problem. Please help. Which is the best doctor I should visit for my baby for this problem. Pediatrician.or ent specialist.
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first time intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. Finally ve taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? My menses was due on 11th October and it is now delayed by 6 days now I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. M not experiencing any pms symptoms. Moreover egg white cervical mucus is seen throughout the cycle specially last 2 weeks. M I ovulating? Moreover m gaining weight. Their is shortness of breath too. Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? M I 100% safe from pregnancy?
My son is suffering with cough from last one month. He cough only in morning or midnight not much. Cough syrup and home nuske ginger honey do not work as much to completely rid of cough. And I am giving him montair lc syrup from last one month. He has very less immunity. What should I do to make him rid of this cough. Last year also he suffered with cough, cold and ear infection for many days in winter season and he took antibiotics for many days at that time. Every year he suffer with this problem.
Hello doctor I am arti raikwar my age is 30 year old woman I have cough problem since last two year and also feel difficulties in breathing please tell me what should I do.
I am (48 years), vijayawada, andhra pradesh. I am suffering from acute allergic and bronchial asthma for last 20 years. I tried all type of medicines like aurveda, homeo and allopathy but, problem is not solved. Long back I tried vaccine for allergies like house dust, grain dust, gunny dust etc. It is worked really well and problem restricted to 60% of original problem till now. Unfortunately that doctor stopped practice and gone to us. At present, I am using foracort-400 rota caps twice a day and allergy tablet at night. I have constipation problem, gas, acidity problems also. For these problems I am using panthosec-40mg twise a day. So, please advise me to come out of these problems.
I am 62, male, vegetarian, 5'3, no sugar or bp, manageable asthma, 57 kg. Left heel pains after getting up in the morning and every time I start walking after sitting for half-an-hour or so. The pain goes off after some walk. Advise please.
Hello Doctor, My name is Prasad Golipkar (28 age), Chinchwad-Pune. I would request you to please provide me a treatment for the below mentioned disease: * Allergic Cold & Cough Tenure: Since Childhood Problem: Suffering from heavy sneezing, especially in morning. Exception: Sometimes whole day I suffer from heavy sneezing. Effects: Itching Eyes, Feels heat in the eye. Cause: Eyes with tears, Headache, Temperature (Realizes internal fever), Body Pain, feels hungrier. Note: Sometimes I suffer from Allergic Asthma too. Treatment taken before: I have taken some tablets for the same but unfortunately it didn’t work. Few times it may cause effective treatment for only 1 week. Tablets taken (cold & Cough): Tab. Sinarest, Tab. lecope M, Tab. Livocet M, with Antibiotic. Tablets taken (Allergic Asthma): Rolta inhaler. The same is hereditary in my family. Followed by my father & sister too in my family. I request you to suggest me such a treatment so that in effect I could get rid over this disease. Hope for the best treatment.
What are the symptoms for asthma? Heart beat is growing up. Can not breath properly and cough is coming. Please give me some health advice to cure.
Myself Mustafa Kalam. Iam 17 years old standing 6 feet tall. Since last month iam suffering from severe cough. Sometimes it is dry and sometimes its wet. Can someone help me in getting it cured?
Ashish sir, Thanks for reply. I have cough like gale main which khinch When gale main khinch kinch then little pain in chest NO fever but thodik than lagti he.
Why patient comes with complain of fever during tonsillitis and having chillness and can not able to swallow anything?
Hi madam or sir. Am sumalatha actually one of my friend suffering from polyps in nose. Little bit breathing problem. Actually she was planning for pregnancy. But any problem polyps in pregnancy time. It's OK for planning for pregnancy. After surgery they plan for pregnancy. Pls tell me.
My wife was diagnosed ca-br in june 2006. Since than she has underwent mastectomy after taking 6 cycles of chemo & radiotherapy after surgery. As test results showed er+ive (8/8), pr+ive (7/8), her 2 neu -ive, Dr. Advised for hormone treatment. In oct, 2012 pet-ct showed slight progression in in bones & lung. Now she is keeping well though having dry cough in morning & evening, which is not persistent. Consulted Dr. Mrinal sircar senior pulmonologist on 31/x/2013, who advised oxyspray, foracort, tab montair. With this traetment she was much better with this treatment. Now as having cough mostly in morning & evening, wish to know further treatment or to continue with Dr. Sircar's advise.Thanking you. May upload her all the reports & discharge summary if needed.
If you are experiencing a wheezing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check.
Symptoms of Asthma or Asthma Attack
- Chest tightness or chest discomfort
- Breathing discomfort with or without cough
Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Doctor suggests immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.