Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandha Kalra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandha KalraYour feedback matters!
Is it possible to get pregnant after having a baby of 3 months. If possible upto how much % is there to get that. What are the factors deciding.
I am using Gestmaten100 what its helps to became pregnant are what its use or any side effect, for what purpose this tablet.
After my c section my left thigh becomes little sense than right thigh. I have 2 and half months baby. Why it is occur and how wiĺl I get rid of this?
Hi doctor my wife 33 weeks pregnant and in her todays scan report mentioned that FHR 150BPM AFI 13 CM EFW 2989 (+-)20% and by clinical report her hb is 10.4 BP IS NORMAL BUT her legs swollen (from ankle to knees) completely n stomach will be hard sometime like stone except that she feels normal and her EDD IS ON JUNE 29 AS PER TODAYS SCAN REPORT. please suggest. WT ABOUT NORMAL FETAL MOVEMENT COUNT AT THIS stage.
Using an Ultrasound to Assess Penis Health
Taking steps to maintain good penis health pays off. A healthier penis not only looks better but it is more likely to maintain its function - just as taking care of the body helps it to fulfill its functions more fully. Of course, sometimes even conscientious practitioners of appropriate penis health develop issues that require a doctor's assistance. Assessing exactly what the issue is or what might be causing it may require a doctor to conduct tests or use equipment. And, although this may be a surprise to many men, sometimes a doctor may need to have an ultrasound scan done on a man's penis.
What is an ultrasound?
An ultrasound scan, also known as sonography and typically just called an ultrasound, is a medical test that utilizes high frequency sound waves. These sound waves can provide a doctor with a picture of the inside of the body. The technology is kind of similar to that which is used in sonar and radar in military operations.
Although ultrasound is most often associated in the public mind with pregnancy, where it is used to allow a doctor to get a good look at the fetus and how it is developing, it is often used for other purposes. Basically, if a doctor needs a visual of a person's internal organs (bladder, kidneys, pancreas, thyroid, etc.), he may want to use an ultrasound.
Why ultrasound a penis?
Some men may wonder why a penis might need an ultrasound? Or if the doctor needs a look inside, why doesn't he just use an x-ray?
In terms of an x-ray, that's of limited use when it comes to the penis. X-rays are very good for looking at bones, but the penis doesn't really have bones - so an ultrasound is a better bet.
As to why an ultrasound might be needed, there could be several reasons. A man who is battling erectile dysfunction, for example, might benefit from an ultrasound, as this would enable the doctor to better assess the blood flow in the penis, as well as how that blood flow gets "trapped" for an erection.
An ultrasound may also be useful when a man presents with Peyronie's disease (an excessively curved penis), as a way of determining the location and extent of plaque build-up, or to examine a man suffering from priapism. It can also detect the presence of penile stones or a fracture and pinpoint the presence of unwanted tissue masses.
Is it safe?
Ultrasounds are considered a safe procedure. There is no radiation involved, as opposed to x-rays and some other procedures.
Using an ultrasound to assess penis health can enable a doctor to better pinpoint problems and devise appropriate treatment strategies.
Of course, maintaining excellent penis health requires more than paying a visit to an ultrasound machine. Men can daily support their penis health by applying a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). There are many crèmes available, so be sure to locate one which contains both L-arginine and L-carnitine. The former is an amino acid which plays role in the creation of nitric oxide. In turn, nitric oxide helps penile blood vessels expand to accommodate increased blood flows. L-carnitine has neuroprotective capabilities, which are valuable for helping maintain an appropriate level of penis sensitivity - something which can easily be lost when the penis is handled too aggressively.
I lost my virginity few months ago but now I am getting married next year my husband knows about it but I have done it often with my ex but only knows that I had done it once or twice. So my issue is a loose vagina. I am very much depressed about it. Do you help me that how can I make it tight?
Whatever may have the inspiration for joining the gym, one must ensure that they do it with minimum injury, do not suffer muscle loss, and have a proper recovery without compromising on their immunity. The regime of going to the gym, doing cross-training and running for miles will not bear fruits if the body does not get proper nutrition. Diet can make or break your gym goals.
- Check for deficiencies: It is recommended that anyone beginning a rigorous exercise regime either through the gym or any other form should on priority get a check-up done for any nutritional deficiencies. A lot of us fail to recognize the importance of studying our body first before plunging head-on into exercising. If someone is vitamin D or calcium deficient, the workout could lead to injury and a weak immune system. If one is deficient in magnesium it could cause muscle cramps and a delayed recovery.
- Pre-workout food: Optimal nutrient intake prior the workout will not only help optimize performance but also minimize muscle damage. It is very important because the body is not used to physical strain and a sudden stress without proper refueling may lead to low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) or dizziness. The pre-workout food needs to be a good combination of carbs with protein. Suggested options could be fruit with a handful of nuts, a bowl of fruits with nuts (Smoothie is an excellent option), boiled sweet potato with nuts.
- Post-workout diet: After exercise, the muscles use up their glycogen stores for fuel leading to its depletion. Some proteins in the muscles would also get broken down or damaged. After the workout, the body rebuilds on these stores and works on the repair of the muscles. Eating right nutrients after exercise helps accelerate this process. It would decrease muscle protein breakdown and instead help in the synthesis. A combination of good carbs and proteins will help in the recovery process. Those who exercise more than once a day need a greater amount of carbs than those who would take a break of a day two in between.
- Hydrate well: Well, this could be a cliché and we think we all understand this mantra well, but one would be surprised by how little importance we actually pay for it. Now, drinking water during the exercise is something that we would be forced to do, due to obvious reasons. BUT, to avoid any adverse effects, hydration should begin 2-3 hours before any workout or sporting activity.
- Avoid Dietary Supplements: It is not advised for beginners. Only if someone is suffering from severe deficiency or a medical condition should they have supplements but that too should be consumed under supervision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess:
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.