Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandha KalraYour feedback matters!
Hi. I hv a 6 years old son. Bt before him I had 2 missed abortion. The fetus couldn't grow n I hv 2 abort it. Being my pregnancy there are twin pregnancy n one of them was nt grew bt other was normal. I hv received c-section delivery in 2010. After that I again conceived on 2014 bt the problem was remaining same as the fetus couldn't grw. N I hv to abort it. My all tests reports are normal. Nw I am trying to conceive. please tell me what should I do for normal pregnancy. I hv 28 days cycle of periods.
Hello Dr. I got married before 6 month my period date was 20 but now on 29 I didnt get my period what can I do I done upto on 25 but it was negative can I wait for some more day or anything else please help me fast.
Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
Magnesium phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with magnesium phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
Nux vomica: Nux vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in homeopathy will help the patients get relief.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
Since 5 to 6 months. I feel pain in my left lower abdominal. Then I had gone for ultrasound in that report it has been write that, 2.6x1.4 cm cystic lesions with echogenic wall foci with comet tail artifacts seen within left ovary. please suggest me what should I do. Before starting my period I feel pain in my left abdominal. N sometime in my vagina also I feel little bit of pain. When I intercourse with my partner sometime i feel pain in vagina and in my abdominal but Just for few hours or 1-2 days. Know this time I am taking homeopathic medicine for my cystic lesions since 4 month. But I don't feel that it is giving me +ive result. please doc suggest me a good solution of all my problem with some medicine too. Please.
Hi Actually I got my last periods on 6-11 april On 12 nd 13 I had an unprotected sex As ovulation takes 12to 14 days so at tht time I did not take a pill Again on 4th may a I had an unprotected sex And this month I skipped my periods On test I found positive results I do not want to b pregnant How can I abort Please help.
Hi recently my mother done with hysterectomy through laparoscope method total uterus removed and its already 3 months completed now she is fine and how many days she have to take rest and she is trying to bend, stretch legs and I heard that through laparoscope method total uterus cannot remove? Weather it is true? Please tell me the solution.
Post pregnancy, you may experience pain due to multiple reasons. However, such pain might subside within a few weeks, but still it is advisable that one should be prepared prepared for all kinds of discomfort post pregnancy, such as the pain you endure while breastfeeding or the epidural pain. If you have undergone surgery, then there may be pain due to surgical incisions as well. One should keep herself hydrated all throughout and be patient while trying to deal with such post pregnancy pain.
Managing pain depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. Below is a summarized account of the different types of pain one might go through and how to come out of it.
- Incisions: In case the delivery occurs by the caesarian procedure, you might have to endure pain from the incisions. The pain generally lasts till all the incisions heal, so you will require pain medications to get relief from the pain.
- Uterine contractions: The uterus needs to return to its normal size after the delivery. The pain from these contractions tends to increase with subsequent pregnancies. Like incisions, pain medications will be administered to help you get relief from the pa
- Vaginal dryness: A woman’s vagina tends to be dry while she is breastfeeding. This can cause pain if you want to indulge in sexual intercourse. In this regard, lubricants (preferably water based) are a good way to treat vaginal dryness.
- Engorgement of the breast: When a woman starts lactating, her breasts tend to become fuller and thus, cause minor but persisting pain. A breast pump (used to extract milk from a woman’s breasts), in this case, can relieve you of such pain.
- Back pain: Pregnancy related stress and strain can often lead to back pain. This back pain usually stems from holding the baby and breastfeeding it. If it so happens, you can consider changing your posture while breastfeeding and taking warm baths twice a day to get rid of the backaches.
- Joint pain: There may be pain in your joints such as the one in your wrists, hands and feet. This usually occurs due to all the chemical changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy. Pain medications and stretches can help ease this sort of a pain.
- Pain in the legs: Post pregnancy leg pain is caused because of all the fluids that are administered intravenously. Once the content of fluids in the body reduces, the pain tends to subside. However, any sign or symptom of blood clots or visible redness in the legs might warrant medical attention at the earliest.
- Headaches: This is the most common type of pain that can result from a pregnancy. Headaches are caused due to hormonal imbalances, insomnia and stress that you may experience. It is advisable to not take any pain medication in this regard as painkillers can interfere with your bodily hormones even more, given that headaches are usually not something to worry about. Drink plenty of water and try to get ample rest; this should take care of the pain automatically.
Hi. It has been 6 years of our marriage now. My wife does not shows any interest in sex. In past 6 years she does not shows any eagerness towards sex. I perform lot of foreplay even after that she does not gets aroused. She accepts that she has some physical problem but she is not ready to visit any doc. She doesnt even allows me to insert the finger even that is pain full to her. We have 1 kid of 3 years that too through IUI. Please help my marriage is going through very bad phase.
I am a nursing mother of a 3 month old and have experienced a drop in my milk supply. Could you please advise any supplements I can take? I have tried lactonic granules but not of much drastic effect.
My friend feels severe pain only on the first day of her menstruation. She feels like vomiting and loo. Kindly advice.
Interstitial cystitis (IC), also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a difficult condition. It is difficult to diagnose and though there are treatments that can make life easier, there is no long-term cure. Interstitial cystitis is a lifelong bladder problem, that causes pressure and pain below the belly button. Symptoms can be constant, or they may fluctuate. It causes painful and urgent trips to the bathroom. In severe cases, you may need to urinate about 40 to 60 times in a day.
What causes interstitial cystitis (IC)?
The bladder is a hollow, muscular organ that holds the urine your body needs to dispose. The reason why IC occurs isn’t that clear, but there a few ideas:
1. An issue with bladder tissue allows chemicals in your urine to irritate the bladder.
2. Chemicals that are released when there is an inflammation in your body can cause the symptoms.
3. The bladder can be attacked by your immune system
4. Substances in your urine can damage your bladder
5. Nerve problems can wreak havoc on your bladder
Signs and Symptoms
People suffering from IC don’t display the same symptoms. The symptoms keep changing, be it every day, every week or every month. Sometimes, the symptoms may entirely disappear without treatment. Some common IC symptoms include:
1. Bladder pressure and pain that worsens after the bladder gets filled with urine
2. Pain in your urethra (the tube that drains the urine from your bladder), pelvis, lower back and lower tummy
3. Women experience vaginal pain (or the area behind it) or in the vulva
4. In men, a sensation of pain in the penis, testicles, scrotum or the region behind the scrotum
5. The urge to urinate, even if you had urinated a few moments ago
6. Women experience pain during intercourse
7. Men experience pain after sex or during orgasm
One common symptom shared by all people suffering from IC is a swollen bladder. There are certain things that can worsen your condition. These include:
1. Certain drinks or foods
2. Physical or mental stress
3. Menstrual cycles
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Can I do cardio excercises when I am trying to get pregnant? I am afraid I might not get pregnant if I strain my body.
Today we use smartphones in every possible moment of life; it makes our life easy in every imaginable situation from managing professional contacts, to ordering food, to getting navigational assistance, to paying bills etc. But have you ever wondered, what is the price we would pay if we turn completely dependent or addicted to our smartphones? Smartphones can increase the chances of sleep disorders, lack of concentration, slows a child's socio-emotional growth, can cause compulsive nature etc.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo suggests that apart from harmful phone radiations; smartphones and tablets has other ways too, to harm our mental & emotional health.
1. Smartphone Causes sleep disorder: When a person stares at the backlit portable screen of the phone or tablet, it shines short-wavelength, blue light, into the eyes. This stimulates the brain, telling it to stay alert and when Smartphone is used extensively post evening time, the chances are high that body will not release the hormone melatonin, essential for maintaining body’s biological clock. Hence depending on the person’s body sooner or later the chances are very high that person will suffer from the sleep disorder. Prolonged inadequate sleep, not only degenerate the brain cells, but it also causes high blood pressure and heart-related diseases.
2. Smartphones affects’ the social and emotional development of child: when a metropolitan child (generally they are burdened with school homework) is regularly allowed to play with smartphones, their opportunity to learn from face to face interactions or from physical activities get shorter. This affects their brain development as well as hinders their socio-emotional growth.
3.A smartphone gives an instant access to social networking sites and emails; these features sometimes can build compulsion among a person to constantly keep checking updates and emails. Such a compulsion can create lack of concentration, unnecessary mood swing (if the person find an unpleasant update or email at wrong hours of the day, like before sleep).
marriage counselor East of Kailash, best psychologist in Delhi, best psychologist in South Delhi, cure anxiety in south Delhi, psychologist in south delhi
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
Wear a bandana to bed.
Make a sticker chart.
Reward yourself after several days (or hours) of being pull free.
Be patient with yourself.
Join a support group.
Talk to another person with Trichotillomania.
Wet down your hair.
Learn what your body needs instead of pulling.
What do for regular periods she is facing problems irregular or late periods. What type of food should take for regular periods.
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.