Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandha KalraYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old I want to conceive a baby what r the success rate of ivf nd coast of it pl tells me.
My fiance has to in period time when her back have to pain and strumuch also how can we manege that.
I have belly after the delivery, what should I do? My husband have a cold one month, he takes doctor advice medicine but still now there no result for tat cold, wat should I do?
9th Week of Pregnancy. TSH is 4.81. Taking Thyronorm 50 mcg everyday from last 2 years. Before pregnancy it was 2.7. Do I need to worry? What should be the target range and what foods to avoid and take. Please help.
The medication that we usually take is composed of varied kinds of chemicals; these medicines cure all sorts of ailments, given that with every passing day, a new breakthrough in the field of medicine takes place. While the medication cures most of our ailments, they can also cause side effects.
Principles of Homeopathy-
Homeopathy is based on two major principles. Firstly, the medication is based on the principle that substances inducing certain symptoms in healthy individuals are the ones that can cure the same symptoms in a diseased individual. Another important principle is that, only a little amount of medication is required to trigger the healing process in our body. Hence the major advantage of homeopathy is that it cures the disorders and has no side effects. Homeopathy offers the perfect and natural medications to heal our bodies from various ailments.
However, the disadvantage of this kind of medication is that it is a slow and steady process, and the healing process takes time. However, like any other medication, there are certain precautions that should be taken.
Precautions to be taken while on a homeopathic treatment-
While on homeopathic medication, it is advised to avoid having, tea, coffee, aerated drinks, or using medicated soaps, strong scented hair oils, toothpastes or tooth powders.
Also, having onion, garlic, pickles, radish may render the treatment useless.
One should avoid medicinal herbs, castor oil and other saline purgatives.
Strictly avoid touching the homeopathic medicines; do not take onto your palm before taking it, as handling of medicines reduces the potency of the medicines. It also spoils the medicines by exposing it to unhygienic conditions. Always take the medicines by using the cap of the medicine bottle or a plain paper. If you are going to use a paper then see to it that it does not contain any print. As ink can also spoil the medicine.
It is useful to avoid milk and milk products for the medication to be effective. If these precautions are not taken, individuals might end up having diabetes, kidney problems, and high blood pressure in the long run.
It is advised not to skip meals while on homeopathy medications. Individuals should at least eat fruits like bananas and oranges.
Doctors suggest that when individuals start feeling better after the course of the treatment, the dose should be stopped.
Food should not be eaten in a 30-minute span before and after taking the medicine.
Another important precaution is not to keep the medicines in the open. They should be kept in a cool place and should be concealed.
All sorts of addictions should be avoided.
Greetings doctors I am 36 wks pregnant now doctor said cervix is dilated 1 finger .She gave cyclopam pain killer for cramps .In scanning cephalic position is mentioned .i am not feeling good to use pain killer because it may stop labour pains .And they said baby has chance to grow still in womb so we will stop till 2 weeks is it really possible is it good to take painkillers at this moment and postpone my delivery. Kindly suggest I am mentally fixed for normal delivery and I am not ready to take any pain killers I can bare this cramps. Please help me.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Dear sir/ madam I am suffering from sever chest pain. It's common during menses but from last too moths the pain continuing after menses. In fact I am unable to move my breast at all. I constant a doctor she gave a evion tablets and acep tablets after using tablets pain is relief but after complete my course again my pain is starting sirPlease give some suggestions.
My friend is not having periods before this she have it till 15th of every month this month it is 18 nd she is saying that she is going over weight.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
This is for my wife. She got bleeding for about 1 month. What are the side effects of unusual bleedings. What is it actually caused by. How can it be controlled.
I'm a 25 years old woman. Going to get married in March. I'm born with uterus malformation. They call it uterus didelphys or uterus bicornis bicollis or bicornuate uterus or whatsoever I had my hysteroscopy done for hematometra in right horn at age 14. My father had confirmed with doctors that this condition of me wouldn't cause any issue in my future. But then as my marriage is fixed and is due to happen in next few months, I would like to make sure this wouldn't impact my sexual life or the pregnancy. Can you kindly provide your advice on would this cause any impact to my marriage life or how can I overcome the problem if there would be any because of my condition.
My wife has ectopic pregnancy as per the Dr. We consult since last 1 year for family planning. Last sonography & HCG reports were done yesterday. On 7-01-16 sonography no development was visible. Now from yesterday's reports Dr. Has advised to wait till Friday morning for another sonography then will take decision what to do. She has little bleeding last week & then just 1-2 spots. Not having much pain or any other symptoms. What shall be the treatment. Will it be cured with any injection or we have to go for laparoscopy? As per the Dr. Sometimes it moves to uterus automatically. It's 6th week. She got last period on 2-12-15. Shall we wait or go for the treatment.
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Related Tip: "Detoxifying With Homeopathy?"
I used to have irregular mens bt nw my mens is regular 4m 22 years of age. B4 dre used2 b gap of 3 months like dis bt nw without medication its regular. I have showed many doctors n hv done test bt everything ws normal bt stl had irregular mens n wn I have it used2 last for 7 days. I had my 1st period wn I ws 9 n half years old. Wl it affect in my pregnancy later on?
Suppose if the last periods date is 02/11/15. Then is it possible to take pills like suvida after 20 days to postpone menstrual cycle?
There is dead skin at the opening of my vagina, earlier there used to be some discharge as well. Combined with it is slight pain in my legs and abdomen.
If you want a healthier skin, hair and nails then consider adding 1 tbsp of flax seeds to your daily diet.