Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep RawalYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3 month 15 days. She caught cold and cough badly. She is coughing very badly and there are sound whenever she is coughing her nose block Dr. Gv nasal drop, Hiatorest, kufril-LS and nikomox dry syrup. And iprazest. Baby is too small can I give this type of all medicines?
Hi, My 4 month old baby boy weighs 7.3 kg and birth weight was 3.150 kg is the weight perfect but he cries a lot and always need to be held by anyone and also takes neopeptine and gripe water twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries a lot and always unhappy and is he a high need baby or is it some stomach issues and is on Rantac and domstal syrup twice a day since he was 2 months but still cries and hate to lay flat even for nappy change please help.
Hello Dr. mera baby 7 nd 1/2 month ka hai abi 1 week pahle usse 102 fever loose motion nd vomitings thi jiske wajah se use hospitalised krna pada after 3 day uska fever nd vomiting kam hogyi thi tab rat me 11 oclock achanak use bahot thand lgne lgi nd wo bahot rone lga nd and eyes close kr k hi ro rha tha nd uska badan b akadne lga nd thoda nila b ho gya tha tb use Dr. ne DILANTIN enject kiya after that use 102 fever ho gya to Dr. ne use treat kiya now he is normal but Dr. said ki DILANTIN use 5 years tk deni hogi. Aisa kyu hua ye jhatka kis karan aaya. What is use of dilantin.
My new born baby doesn't respond to voices and sounds in the normal range. Is it normal for new born babies or should I be worried.
My daughter is of 17 months old. Her weight is less then normal. Her weight is 8.5 kg that is not good. I am concerned for her. Since you are a doctor of nutrition, Please prescribed the name of any nutrition that I give her to get better improvement.
My son is 14 months old and do suffer from wheezing again n again. I am nebulising him twice a day with budecort .5 mg from past 8 months. His doctor says its a prevention medicine. He has never got any severe cough etc its just wheezing in chest which always bother. He is otherwise a normal n happy child born on due time n I had a normal delivery. He is a breastfeed baby throughout. Pls help if I can give him some syrup to avoid wheezing since now winters are coming n I am scared again. What precautions I can take. Pls help. Is ayurveda safe for such a small child. His weight is around 9 kgs.
Hello Doctor, My 3 years old play school going daughter has started complaining that she is tired. Its been 3-4 weeks and she keeps on complaining every other day of being tired. Sometimes she also complains of pain in stomach. She doesn't sleeps or sleeps less during the daytime. Even on a general health from the last 3-5 months, she is not keeping well. She has been administered Antibiotics 4-5 times during the last 5 months. Zifi 100, Augmentin DDS were given to her. For 2 times, she showed symptoms of UTI but the results remains negative. Both routine and culture comes normal. For the other times she remained gripped with cough and cold or stomach infection. I mean one or other thing keep on happening 100, Augmentin DDS were given to her. For 2 times, she showed symptoms of UTI but the results remains negative. Both routine and culture comes normal. For the other times she remained gripped with cough and cold or stomach infection. I mean one or other thing keep on happenning. Last night she has developed fever of 100, today morning she was fine and now during the afternoon she is running a fever of 101. Giving her Domstal SOS for vomiting and paracetamol 250 mg/5 ml syrup, 3 ml for fever. Its cold over here but there is no visible symptoms of cough/cold. Any suggestions looking at the history of the last 6 months. Any particular medicine to improve the immunity or any general suggestion for good health of the kid. Thanks.
Hello, My child is 4 months old. Since he was almost one month old. His problem of cold and cough continues. I give him steam and nebulise him the saline solution. Almost every week. But he is still having that buzz buzz sound when he breathes. Dnt know if it could be problematic to have cold and cough continued for so long. I have been giving him oil massage everyday. But too worried. please help me what to do Thanks
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.