Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep MadaanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
dr Sandeep Madaan is a trusted name in ayurveda in Delhi. His clinic Aastha Ayurveda Clinic is very famous. My family has been visiting him since long. I recently consulted him for the problem of acidity that was disturbing my health nowadays.The treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine.Not he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor.
I was suffering from diabetes. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the otherdoctors were not able to treat it. Then I consulted Dr.Sandeep Madaan. The overall cleanliness in the Aastha Ayurveda Clinic in Delho was amazing. Sandeep Madaan has expert knowledge in the field.
He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I saw Dt.Sandeep Madaan clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. Hygiene is very important, and I must Aastha Ayurveda Clinic in Delhi was extremely clean. I am really grateful as herdiet planning has give me a ray of hope.
Due to my allergyproblem my daily activities were suffering. In the very first sitting, dr Sandeep Madaan clearly told me about the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future.Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. I went to his clinic Aastha Ayurveda Clinic in Delhi
dr Sandeep Madaan is god send for me. His ayurvedic medicines helped me in my problem of alcohol addiction. They did not cause any side effect and I felt confidence in myself whenever I was at his clinic Aastha Ayurveda Clinic in Delhi.
Very knowledgable, sincere and honest doctor. It is so rare to find true Ayurvedic practitioners. Dr. Madaan is a true vaidya.
Very well explained the reason of problem also guided well to eradicate the problem
Nice to see the doctor. Genuine doctor
Nice meeting. Genuine doctor
aged 7 years 11 month only, facing constipation problem for quite a long time. He is having cramp in his stomach. Please note that he can take medication in tablet format.
A drastic change in the life style habits and this modern world people face many health issues in their daily life. Obesity is one of the major health issues that most people are affected with.
Obesity or being overweight is a condition characterized by excessive storage of fat in the body. When the body's calorie intake exceeds the amount of calories burned, it leads to the storage of excess calories in the form of body fat. Increased body fat puts a person at risk for many critical conditions such as heart disease, liver damage, diabetes, arthritis and kidney problems.
The most common cause of obesity is a lack of physical activity, intake of excessive carbohydrates, fatty and junk food items. It might be even due to pathological or hereditary cause. Ayurveda gives many natural home remedy measures to reduces the body weight and to get rid of obesity.
In Ayurveda, obesity is known as Medarog, which is caused by the aggravation of Kapha. Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which is dense, heavy, slow, sticky, wet and cold in nature. It governs all structure and lubrication in the mind and body apart from controlling weight and formation of all the seven tissues - nutritive fluids, blood, fat, muscles, bones, marrow and reproductive tissues.
The Ayurvedic line of management begins with the pacification of Kapha Dosha. This can be done by eliminating Kapha-aggravating foods from the diet. Next, the focus is on cleaning of the Medovahi channels through cleansing herbs so that excess weight can be reduced.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Salacia Reticulata (Kotahla Himbutu), Garcina cambogia (Vrikshamla), Commiphora Mukul Resin (Guggul) and Nigella Sativa are the commonly used Ayurvedic medicines to cure obesity.
Natural Ayurvedic home remedies for managing weight
- Lemon juice and honey: The best and simple way to reduces weight is drinking one cup of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in empty stomach.
- Triphala powder: Mixing two teaspoon of triphala powders a natural herb easily available at homes with 500ml of water and allow it to boil for 5mins. Strain the liquid and drink it regularly to burn the excessive fat stored in the body.
- Make cabbage as your best friend: Take one cup of cabbage daily. Cabbage contains tartaric acid and this helps to convert the sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Vyaayaama: Simple exercises are also much essential to be done alone with other remedial measures to reduce the body weight
- Avoid Sugar: Avoid white sugar and starch from diet. Prefer brown rice and other cereals in the diet.
- Control your excessive eating habit: excessive eating of junk and fast foods is the most important cause of obesity. This should be avoided and learn to eat healthy and right food at regular interval. Have only three meals per day. Diet controlling does not mean fasting so it is best advised to have small meal at regular interval.
- Herbs: Herbs like Bibhitaka (Terminalia belericia), amla (Emblica officinalis), Guggul , Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) are effective for reducing the body weight.
There are many other naturally occurring items that feature prominently in managing obesity with Ayurveda. The key aspect to understand here is that Ayurveda stresses on the natural and easy ways in which one can lose weight without having to undergo mental or physical stress and strain.
Psoriasis is a long lasting disease characterized by patches of scaly, itchy and red skin. It can be restricted to a small areas or can even spread to the whole of your body. When the underlying infection reaches the surface of your skin, the healthy cells die. This causes red and itchy plaque covered with white scales. It mostly occurs on the elbows, knees and scalp. Sometimes these scales itch and also bleed. In severe cases the red skin grows and merges with another patch.
Conditions of psoriasis:
1. Finger nails get discolored and pitting is noticed. The nails begin to crumble and in severe cases detach from the nail bed.
2. Scales and crust start to develop on the scalp.
Types of psoriasis:
1. Guttate psoriasis- It is characterized by small red spots which occur on the torso and limbs. It usually starts in young childhood or adulthood. It triggers respiratory infection, tonsillitis and strep throat.
2. Inverse psoriasis- In this condition bright red and shiny abrasion occurs in the groin area, in the armpits and under your breasts.
3. Erythrodermic psoriasis- It is characterized by periodic redness of the skin and shedding of the skin. It also causes severe sunburn and infection.
Cause of psoriasis:
Many factors can cause psoriasis. Factors such as, trauma, infection or emotional stress can trigger this condition. Some abnormalities in the system also cause psoriasis. People who have a flare up of psoriasis are usually affected by emotional stress or some trauma like the death of a loved one or loss of a new job. These tensions may intensify because of problems in your internal system.
Ayurvedic treatments for psoriasis:
1. Consuming medicated ghee.
2. Herbal medicines or herbal concoctions can also be consumed.
3. Basthies are medical and herbal enemas which should be taken for 8days.
4. You should avoid having meat and only consume vegetarian dishes to reduce psoriasis. Also avoid yogurt, black gram, salty food products and chilies.
5. You can also remove impurities from your body by means of vomiting and purging.
6. You can also cure psoriasis by covering your entire body in a paste of mud.
7. Consume turmeric and Neem daily to treat psoriasis.
Some medicine like arogya vardhini vati, kutaki, ras manikya, Giloy ghan vati must be taken after consulting an Ayurvedic expert.
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, life style related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Bladder cancer is the result of the growth of cancerous cells inside the bladder. Bladder cancer is mainly of four types:
- Urothelial carcinoma: In this type of bladder cancer, the tumours may be limited to the bladder or spread from the urothelial to the deeper layers in the bladder. The urothelial is the epithelium lining in the renal pelvis, ureters, urethra and bladder.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Squamous cells are flat, thin cells that form after a prolonged infection in the bladder. The cancer starts from these cells.
- Adenocarcinoma: Glandular cells in the bladder produce and discharge mucus. This type of cancer begins from the glandular cells.
- Superficial bladder cancer: If the cancer is limited to the bladder lining, then it is known as superficial bladder cancer. The cancer might spread to the bladder muscle wall, or spread to the lymph nodes and organs close to it.
It is important note that, if bladder cancer is detected early, then it can be cured most of the times.
Who is at a risk of acquiring bladder cancer?
Those who smoke or have a history of bladder cancer in the family or are exposed for to industrial chemicals for long durations are at an increased risk of bladder cancer.
The symptoms of bladder cancer include:
- Blood in urine
- More frequent passing of urine
- There is a sensation of pain or burning when urinating
- Bladder is not emptied completely
- Pain in the lower back
Bladder cancer treatment by conventional medication can be complemented by Ayurveda; especially, with the Panchakarma therapy, which detoxifies the body. Detoxification can be done by:
- Snehana therapy that is oil massage
- Swedana that is steaming therapy
- Vamana that is by urging vomiting
- Virechana that is by purging
- Basti is the enema medication
- Nasya or through nasal medication
- Raktamokshana Therapy
Along with the above mentioned therapies, consuming medicated juices, which contain fruits and vegetables is good for the body. Antioxidant Ayurvedic medicines are also highly beneficial. Practicing yoga, sound therapy, pranayama, acupressure and acupuncture can help in the long run.
Sometimes, traditional cancer medication can rob the body of its strength once the symptoms are cured. Rasayan Chikitsa can help the body regain its strength. Rasayan Chikitsa improves the metabolism, memory, longevity, hair and complexion. It brings back the vigour that was lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
The concept of alternative medicine is no more a novel proposition. It is a tried and tested way of dealing with physical as well as psychological problems. The aim of “Ayurveda” is to strike a corrective balance amongst three essential kinds of energies present in the human body. Ayurveda classifies these energies as 'Vata', 'Pitta', 'Kapha”. While “Vata” deals with bodily functions related to circulation of blood or breathing, “Pitta” primarily deals with metabolism. On the other hand, Kapha is concerned with regulation of growth in the varied organs and cells of your body. Anxiety disorder is a crushing problem if left unattended; Ayurvedic care and certain significant changes in your way of life can treat the condition.
Ayurveda asks you to adhere to the following guidelines to control anxiety disorder:
- Basil has wide ranging effects on your anxiety: Add basil leaves to a bowl of water and let it boil. Once the mixture cools down, drops of this juice can be poured down your nostrils. Basil is known to have calming effects on your mind. It is often advised for its ability to fight stress piling up in a human mind with every passing day. Chewing basil leaves can render the same benefits.
- Add these substances to your bath water: Bathing leads to relaxation and plays a key role in controlling your anxiety. You could be anxious due to familial issues or work related matters; a bath at the end of the day soothes your mind helping you to think clearly. Using ginger and baking soda in your bath water can further relieve you from being unnecessarily anxious.
- Drink your orange juice with a difference now: Orange juice, when taken in combination with honey, acts on an increased heart rate. It lowers down a person’s heart rate and also treats anxiety disorder. Oranges, as you know, are rich in vitamin C and can tackle stress by decreasing the effects of cortisol. Cortisol is better known as the stress hormone. So avoid sugar and try honey instead with your daily share of orange juice.
- Add almonds and saffron to your glass of milk: The one glass of milk that you drink regularly for nutrition and calcium can be made way more nourishing by adding saffron, almonds, nutmeg powder and ginger to it. This concoction helps in curing a frazzled nervous system thus, ridding you of anxiety disorder. Milk with almonds and saffron should be spiced to maintain the myelin sheath on each nerve of your body. This fatty layer does have a very calming influence on you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Dental health might come across as a rather innocuous problem, but there is no reason for us to take it lightly. Dental health often functions as the index to an overall good health and it is extremely crucial for one and all to maintain the utmost hygiene level. Your teeth are arguably one of the most susceptible parts of your body wherein the slightest neglect can result in substantial damage. Dental ailment pans across a variety of diseases which unless immediately arrested, can potentially inflict a lot of harm.
We all know about that dreaded toothache and it is not an experience that one would like reliving. Although dentists with their whole host of extractions, fillings and excisions often help in soothing those toothaches, for a more natural mode of healing and remedying dental disorders, one may turn to Ayurveda. Ayurveda regards healthy lifestyle practices like balanced and wise dietary choices and diligent brushing as the most fundamental requisite for maintaining your oral health.
Some of the advisable methods for upholding oral hygiene can be enlisted as follows:
- Dant dhavani or brushing: As an alternative to the new age bristle brushes, Ayurveda recommends the herbal chewing sticks for the purpose of brushing. As per Ayurveda, the effect is better in those sticks which have a bitter or an astringent taste. For this purpose, Neem, Licorice, Cutch, Arjuna, Milkweed or Fever Nut are best suited.
- Gargling with rock salt and mustard oil: For the upkeep of oral hygiene, it is a healthy practice to massage the gums with mustard oil and rock salt. One can gargle it off with warm water after leaving it for a span of five minutes. Persistent following of this method can bring considerable improvement to your oral hygiene. It is also a good way to mitigate the impacts of asthma and migraine.
- Jivha lekhana or tongue scraping: Pure metal is endowed with a lot of health boosting properties. Thus, instead of stainless steel tongue cleaners, Ayurveda advocates the use of scrapers made of gold, silver or copper. This helps in battling bad odor and enhances your sense of taste.
A basic learning of Ayurveda can help us anticipate and even treat difficult skin issues. According to Ayurveda, the skin has six layers, found externally as well as stretching out to the more profound levels of the body. A skin disease is established profoundly into different tissues, such as fat, muscles, blood and so forth.
Most skin treatments are for the outer part. These never reach to the more profound layers of the skin. Ayurveda dependably tries to find the disease by treating it, particularly as indicated by its cause. The disease being deep seated, it is hard to alter the issue rapidly. Ayurvedic skin treatments may take a couple of weeks to remove the indications. The cure is permanent. Here is a list of skin diseases, which can be effectively cured using Ayurvedic remedies.
- Pruritus: Pruritus is characterized as a sensation that incites the yearning to scratch. It is present in both the central and peripheral neural components. Nerve endings in the area of the dermo-epidermal junction transmit the sensation of itch by means of moderate conveying C filaments, and it is likely tweaked midway. Pruritus (Itch) is a typical displaying side effect of both essential skin diseases and basic restorative issue. Ayurveda can effectively treat pruritus.
- Papulosquamous eruptions: This is an eruptive scaly rash, now and again connected with itching. The primary driver might be Eczema, Psoriasis, Pityriasis Rosea, Lichen Planus, Drug Eruption. This is a very common skin disease which can be managed by Ayurveda.
- Erythroderma: This skin disease results in scaling of the majority of the body surface. Erythroderma patients might be systemically unwell accompanied by shivering because of loss of temperature and pyrexia. The pulse rate might get enhanced, and the blood pressure may become low because of volume consumption.
- Photosensitivity: Sunlight is responsible for causing numerous skin diseases. Photosensitization is less while exposed to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) and visible light. At the point when a rash is identified with daylight, then the parts influenced have a tendency to be light, uncovered destinations the face, especially the nose and the cheeks yet barring the eyelids.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory disease of the skin, characterized by erythematous plaques with expansive scales.
Ayurveda is a very effective branch of medicine and can be used to effectively treat skin disease.
Most of us are not blessed with a good night's sleep and face common problems that occur during sleep, such as snoring, insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome and sleep deprivation. According to Ayurveda, proper sleep and a healthy diet are of equal importance. Sleep is the period during which the body is able to recuperate and heal itself as well bring about a balance in emotions and mental state. Imbalances in sleep, according to Ayurveda, is caused due to imbalance or dosha in the three subcategories that the human body is divided into. The imbalances are referred to as Kapha dosha, Pitta dosha and Vata dosha.
Imbalance in Vata occurs when the co-ordination between dhi (learning), dhriti (retention) and smriti (recollection) is weakened. When a person is trying to sleep but is simultaneously recollecting the events which occurred during the day, it leads to the same emotions and feelings being reproduced. This renders the person incapable of detaching from the feelings and thus, prevents them to sleep. Some Ayurvedic remedies to address this issue include:
1. Using appropriate sleep tablets
2. Drinking a special tea which aids in sleeping, before going to sleep. The tea should contain a mixture of herbs and spices which would help in calming the emotions
3. Have food that pacifies Vata
4. Adopting and following a proper schedule, where enough time is available for sleep
5. Try not to think about the problems while in bed.
A sleep disorder due to pitta dosha happens when a person has no problems in falling asleep, but is awakened at odd hours during the night and is unable to fall back asleep. It is common that people suffering from trauma or imbalances in pitta are susceptible to this problem. Pitta-type sleep is often disrupted by wild and fiery dreams. Remedies include:
1. The room where the person is sleeping should be kept cool. The likelihood of awakening during the night is increased if the room is hot and stuffy.
2. Therapeutic oils which are specifically designed to pacify Pitta dosha should be used.
3. Foods that pacify pitta dosha should be eaten. These foods should normally be at room temperature rather being hot.
4. A pitta pacifying lifestyle should be followed. This includes sleeping before 10:00 p.m., having three meals a day, etc.
Sleep disorders associated with kapha dosha causes a person to have a long and deep sleep, but feel exhausted when woken up. Additionally, a feeling of lethargy persists throughout the day. Remedies include:
1. Reduce coffee consumption
2. Adopt the consumption Kapha or Green Tea
3. Adopt a Kapha-pacifying lifestyle. This includes vigorous morning exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Ayurveda can offer a psychological system of treatment quite like it can aid in physical treatment. The scope of its practice incorporates both mental as well as physical healing. Thus, you won’t be able to comprehend Ayurveda in its fullest sense without having a look at its influence on the human mind and its consciousness.
The evaluation of the mind is as complicated as that of the physical body. It is not simply a sidelight which can be looked at an instance. Ayurvedic application of treating psychological imbalances has its own expertise and application quite like any other therapeutic procedure.
Ayurveda and mental imbalance
Conventional Ayurvedic treatments have recognised three primary causes of mental illnesses:
Imbalances caused by various Doshas which can be either through external reasons or constitutional issues.
An excess of tamas as well as rajas in the mind.
Factors of Karma or outcomes of previous actions.
All these three factors are interrelated to some degree though the imbalances of the Doshas are the most predominant. It mainly rests upon excessive of tamas and rajas, which eventually mirror the deeper disharmonies resting on all the actions.
Ayurveda and psychological problems
Ayurvedic treatments offer a threefold solution for combating all these imbalances that lead to psychological problems.
1. Rational therapies are known for encountering all the Doshas that can be achieved with the help of proper diet, herbs, clinical treatments and other therapies that are directed in opposite directions of the Doshic disharmonies.
2. Sattvic therapies along with Yoga are believed to counter the rajas along with tamas with the use of pranayama, asana, mantra as well as meditation.
3. Spiritual methods for reducing Karma can help in the proper applications of mantras, and rituals that help in purifying the soul.
These three methods of treatment normally cross each other and can be applied to the same individual alternately. The mind as a factor with emotional issues can be availed in each of these stages.
Ayurveda for counselling
Along with these psychological considerations, Ayurveda is largely used for counselling a person who is going through mental imbalance. Much of the work comprises of educating the individual on how he or she would be able to alter their lifestyle for the prevention of diseases and optimising the health conditions along with treating mental imbalances. While this may be centred on herbal and dietary recommendations, it is generally based on the individual clinical condition of the patient.
Fertility is a potential for reproduction. In other words, fertility is an ability to have babies or to reproduce. When fertility rate in a community, increases more babies are born. To produce an offspring it depends on age, health and other factors of the woman. When we talk about fertility rates it means the number of births that happen during a certain time period in a specific location. On the other end, lack of ability to reproduce is termed as infertility. There are various treatments to deal with fertility issues and one of the ancient and natural as well as a trusted treatment is Ayurveda.
Female infertility is caused due to structural problems like blocked fallopian tubes, a defect in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Hormonal imbalance leading to ovulation problems too can cause infertility. In males. infertility may have anatomical, psychological, hormonal or lifestyle related causes. The cause of infertility in approximately 20% of couples can't be determined using the currently available methods of investigation. From Ayurvedic perspectives, shukra dhatu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. Poor quality shukra dhatu can cause infertility in males & females.
Failure to reproduce
Ayurveda For Infertility
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest holistic healing systems. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body and Spirit. The primary focus of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health, rather than fight disease. Fertility problems are increasing these days for many young couples. There are many factors which account for this like Lifestyle, delayed marriages, diet, etc. But Ayurveda not only does explain how to increase fertility with herbal supplements, but it also focuses on how to have healthy children.
For a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factors:
- Sperm/Ovum (Seeds)
- Uterus (Soil)
- Nourishment (Water)
- Time for Conception (Timing of Sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men, the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to the transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then, according to Ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissues in the body.
Foods to Nourish All Seven Dhatus (Bringhana)
- Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables
- Dairy proteins, including milk, lassi, and panir (a fresh cheese made of milk)
- Whole grains
- Mung dhal
- Soaked almonds or soaked walnuts
- Dried fruits such as dates, figs, and raisins
- Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears
- If your digestion is strong, eat urad dhal (available at Indian grocery stores) cooked with equal parts turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
- A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion.
Foods to Enhance the Reproductive Tissue (Vrishya)
- Date-milk shake
- Mango milkshake
- Rice pudding
Spices such as ajwain powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin.
In general, it's important to eat a wide variety of foods in order to receive all the essential nutrients. Keep trying new vegetables and fruits, and rotate your menus to make sure you're not eating the same thing day after day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am suffering form cold inspire of season. I have allergies problem .please help me out with suitable instructions to come out of this problem.
I have been suffering from cold, sneezing, running nose, stuffiness etc. The doctors say its some allergy. They treat me for one month. The problem subsides for about a week and again it crops up. I am 65 years old. The problem start early in the morning and stays for about 2- 3 hours every day in the morning hours.
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.
I am suffering from fungal infection for 4 years and using Mecloma-T tube. But still it comes out more in rainy season.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.