Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep Khurana
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep KhuranaYour feedback matters!
Is your skin pigmentation becoming uneven because of certain changes going on in your body? This condition is quite common in pregnant women. There are several forms of treatments that are available for the management of this issue and for restoring pigmentation and skin complexion. You can choose from various procedures according to your requirements, and desired results. It is possible to completely diminish the appearance of skin pigmentation. These advanced skin care techniques for pigmentation are suitable for all skin types.
The top skin care treatment procedures for pigmentation are as follows:
Carbon laser peel
- This advanced laser peel is much more effective than chemical peels.
- This is a safe and fast facial treatment, which does not involve a long recovery time. It is ideal for any skin tone or type.
- The damaged outer layers of your skin are removed and the production of collagen in the underlying layers is promoted.
- Skin pores are also minimized as a result.
- The procedure is like a purifying process for deep cleansing of the skin.
- It is also important for controlling acne, inflammation, and sebaceous secretion.
- This is a non invasive procedure used for resurfacing your skin, and does not involve much downtime.
- During the process, the superficial upper layers of dead skin get exfoliated using a flow of crystals.
- Your cell and collagen production gets stimulated which reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and bacteria are also removed, giving you healthy skin devoid of acne and bacteria.
- This treatment procedure is effective in providing healthy and good looking skin.
- This treatment is enhanced with the addition of a certain facial peel.
- It is a three-stage peel that involves an activator that stimulates your skin, a detoxifier for cleansing your skin, and an oxygenator for leaving your skin clear and clean.
Tri Fractional Resurfacing treatment
- This is another effective treatment procedure that is meant for improving your skin pigmentation and overall skin health.
- This noninvasive procedure rapidly improves the appearance of your skin that is scarred by acne.
- By using three-pulse fractional technology for resurfacing your skin effectively and safely, this procedure improves your skin’s appearance dramatically.
- The procedure involves minimal discomfort and the recovery time is quite less.
- Micro wounds created in the target area of your skin triggers your body to heal naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctors I am suffering from hair fall problem more these days and my hair's are getting more rough and dry day by day and split ends also. I tried lots of herbal shampoos to prevent hair fall but it doesn't work. I use conditioners too for my dry hair on a regular basis but it also doesn't work. . Please suggest me any shampoos and conditioners by which I can get rid of this problem. Or I should consult a a doctor for this.
Hi I'm 24 year old male, I have a black spots on middle of my nose and it look like a horizontal line. And also a white heads (or black heads). Suggest me something?
I want to know is it possible to solve patchy beard problem. I have very few beard on face it's just on the. Neck and jaw line. Does it possible to grow beard properly on the face area also.
Why does keloid forms and what causes it to form and how can we get rid out of keloid? Please provide me the information.
I have done two sitting of glycolic peel in dermatologist clinic so I have the third one I do myself at home what percentage should I use at home and is it safe I had hyperpigmentation and acne but not now only scary little bit.
Is minoxidil a genuine and good product to grow lost hair? I mean all my lost hairs, what shall I do? Please advice.
Favorite pastime of most of the people would be to look at the mirror and analyze the skin. While acne is the most common problem, next in line would be pigmentation. One could have light patches or dark patches on the skin. The color of the skin is due to a pigment known as melanin. Greater the amount of melanin in the skin, darker the complexion. Skin color depends on the following:
- Degree of sun exposure
- Skin care routine
- Stress levels
- Hormonal levels (related to menstruation, pregnancy, breast feeding, menopause, etc.)
- Food habits
Hypopigmentation is less common and it is better to seek medical advice to rule out other medical conditions. Hyperpigmentation where there are increased amounts of melanin on the skin. This is quite common and happens with increased sun exposure and age. The most common types are as below:
- Melesma: Caused by hormonal changes, is very commonly seen during pregnancy.
- Lentigo: Multiple black spots or freckles. This could be caused by ageing or due to sun exposure.
- Management of hyperpigmentation: This involves two-fold approach with preventing and treatment
Tips for preventing hyperpigmentation:
Reducing sun damage and using optimal sun protection is the best way to prevent hyperpigmentation. The sunscreen should have at least an SPF (sun protection factor) of 15. A common misbelief is that sun damage happens during the bright days. However, even sun during cloudy weather causes damage, so avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible if you have are at risk of pigmentation.
Regularly scrub and exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells from the top layers. Dry or sensitive skin can be exfoliated 1 to 2 times weekly, and oily skin can be exfoliated 2 to 3 times weekly. This helps constantly remove the top dead layers and fresh skin cells to come to the top, giving a fresher, more youthful look.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation Pigmentation is hereditary, and so improved skin care routine is useful in improving appearance. When buying skin care products, check whether the SPF is greater than 15 at the minimum, and there are other essential ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acids, glycolic acid, and lactic acid.
These help in skin regeneration and producing a clearer skin with reduced discoloration. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and kojic acid are also useful in treating hyperpigmentation. Dietary changes like egg white mask, citrus fruit application, potato peel can help in reducing pigmentation.
Other dietary changes to adhere to include a diet that is less in oil and refined sugars. A fresh fruit and vegetable loaded diet, adequate hydration, good skin care, and proper sun protection can go a long way in reducing pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.