Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep K. NigamYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I want to ask about my daughter she is 2 years 8 months now bit not going toilet for motion she doing at underwear only not telling motion coming and all sometime urine also doing inside home I teacher and told so many times outside people's are insulting me so I did not put school also she not telling please give me suggestion I'm waiting for your reply you gave suggestion
Sleep is the most important aspect for a healthy beign, but for kids it is of utmost priority. Lack of sleep can often have a negative impact on the brain funtioning of kids along with accidents. Listed below are the major sleep disorders in children along with their causative factors:
1. Sleepwalking: It is not uncommon for children under the age of 10 to sleep walk. Despite being harmless on its own, the effects of sleep walking can be dangerous such as stepping outdoors or hurting themselves during sleep. If the child runs into objects while sleep walking, they might wake up and hence further worsen the situation.
2. Nightmares: They might be general or result from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nightmares, if frequent, can make falling asleep a tedious task. Nightmares in children are common and they usually begin to reduce in frequency by 9 years of age.
3. Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring might be the result of improper respiration while sleeping and while it isn’t a cause of worry, regular snoring might lead to insufficient oxygen during sleep, thus making shut eye a challenge. It might be hereditary or the result of a deviated nasal septum or blocked nose. The snoring might hamper the quality of sleep.
4. Bedwetting: This is something most children experience, but usually grow out of by the time they turn six. It doesn’t need to be a cause of concern unless the frequency doesn’t reduce over time and more than two instances of bedwetting take place in a week.
5. Insomnia in children: It can be due to a host of factors and coping with changes to their normal lifestyle is one of the biggest triggers. Mental disorders such as anxiety and stress due to a variety of reasons (like the death of a loved one) may also be the cause of distress and lead to troubled or incomplete sleep.
6. Excessive daytime sleepiness: Excess naps throughout the day, always feeling lethargic or experiencing trouble waking up in the morning may be symptomatic of EDS. It isn’t uncommon in adults either wherein despite apparent proper sleep; energy levels seem to be low throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My baby is 8 months old. I started to give oats to my baby. Is it good for my baby? I give homemade cerelac and ragi porridge.
I m suffering for tinnitus for one year all reports are positive doctor say ur audiotary nerve become week sir I m now depress any solution
My son had 50 day old baby his urine is after try in his brief it will show some dark stain in his brief . But the Dr. said nothing to worry abt is after 3 month it will continue means we will take some tests . I want the reason for this plz.
My daughter had diaper rashes at the age of 7 months. I had applied ointment candid b as prescribed by her doctor. Then it turned into white skin patches just like vitiligo. Is there any treatment for it.
On average, kids under age 3 catch six to eight colds a year. "We think that since most children are encountering viruses for the first time, their immune systems aren't able to kill them as quickly as when they encounter them again. What's more, because kids aren't overly concerned about having a runny nose, the virus tends to end up on their hands, clothing, and toys--where it can live for 30 minutes. When another child touches an infected toy and then rubs her nose or eyes, she can catch the cold.
However, having lots of sniffles early in life may protect kids later on. Researchers have found that children who develop frequent colds in preschool catch fewer colds during their school years--presumably because their immune systems have learned to recognize and fight off the bugs. And a German study has found that babies who have more than one cold before their first birthday are less likely to develop asthma by age 7.
Now my baby is 5 month old. I have low Brest milk if I eat more vegetables or fruits also having same problem pls suggest it is there any tablet or any home remedy.
Ayurvedic Perspective of Migraine and its management
Migraine is one of the worst headaches a person can experience. It is described as a throbbing or pulsating pain that can be on one side of the head. It can begin in a specific area and then spread while it builds in intensity. A migraine is associated with nausea and vomiting. The person will also be sensitive to light, sounds and even certain smells. Sleeping can be difficult and many people become depressed. They can last for a couple of hours or for several days.
Therapies Generally Used.
External treatments along with the internal preparations are very effective in chronic conditions. Panchakarma helps to remove the accumulated toxins and help to strengthen the nerve system. Involvement of other systemic disorders is also taken into account before deciding the treatment protocols.
1. Thala pothichil : Various kinds of paste (grinded mixture of selected herbs in suitable liquid media ) over the forehead / entire head help for the sudden relief from the ache. The preparations help to normalize the hyper action of the nerve cells and regulates the blood circulation towards the brain
2. Thalam : Special herbal powders suitable to reduce the Dosha vitiation, are selected and mixed with suitable liquid media(oils/ghee) and this medicated herbal paste is applied lukewarm over the crown of head (Anatomically over the Bregma point on skull). (Dur 25-45min).
3. Shiro abhyanga : Head Massaging with Oils suitable for the Dosha vitiation, helps to increase the blood circulation towards brain and also helps to relax the spastic muscles on head. Special care is taken to massage the Marmas or the Vital points on head which have marvelous results.
4. Nasya : Nasya (application of herbal preparations through nostrils) is one of the treatments which directly acts on the nerves and removes the toxins accumulated in the sinuses. Mucus lining inside the nostrils are one of the areas where numerous nerve endings are exposed. The medicated oils applied through Nasya directly acts on these nerve endings and help to pacify Vata Dosha in disturbed nerves and control the abnormal impulses gernerated by these nerves. The special preparations used for Nasya drains the mucus deposited in the sinuses thereby the pressure in this area is relieved. The medicinal contents of the oils administered, stimulate the higher centers of brain which have actions on regulation of endocrine, nervous system and circulatory functions.
5. Shiro dhara : Shiro dhara with Takram (medicated butter milk) is also another important therapy which is used to control the vitiated vata kapha doshas localized head.(Dur 25-75min) Other Panchakarma treatments like Vasti (a course of medicated oil and decoction enemas), Virechana (purgation) also helps to put the toxins out from the body.
After the Panchakarma therapies, special preparations called Rasayana (immunoregulatory) is administered. Rasayana preparations improve the immune system further improving the perception of sense organs. Migraine due to other systemic involvement like psychological problems, digestive problems, blood pressure, ophthalmic problems, immune problem, improper menstruation, etc will be relieved when treated according to the specific treatment told for these diseases.
Sir my daughter 6 years old is suffering from very high fever 103 - 104 F from night 10 pm. Now it is 3 pm but fever is still not down. We have consulted child specialist. Please tell.
Hi, my baby boy is 2 months old and suffering from loose motions after vaccination. Since 10 days he is suffering watery motions. Doctor given econorm sachets and antibiotic diariah medicine but still no improvement. So pls suggest me any home remedy for the same.
Hi I am a first time mother delivered baby girl by cesarean on 25th Dec. She was delivered at 37 weeks bcoz I had PIH n her birth wt was 2.350 kg she was on formula feed for first three days. I have inverted nipples n she is not able to latch on them so I m using nipple shield as well as breast pump and bottle feeding her I try to latch her on my nipples but she keeps crying and then goes to sleep What should I do now.
My new born baby born on 16.04.2016. Kindly with request give all vaccination schedule. I did not find Can we go for vaccinations provide by Government?
Hello All, My son is 1 year old and I can see small small white dots on his right leg. Just wanted to know about the same. Is any medicine or anything needs to be done.
My baby boy is 3 month old and not responding to see object and sound. So Dr. suggested for EEG. Result showing generalized epileptiform abnormality with posterior emphasis (modified hypsarrthymia.).
Cough is a natural reflex of body in order to avoid any foreign particle from entering lungs, throat or even airway however continuous coughing will cause discomfort to the body.
Some of the symptoms which have to be looked out to identify wet cold are:
? Pain in chest and throat
? Cough along with mucus or phlegm
? Weaker immunity system opening body for other diseases
Reasons which may force common cold into body are:
? Common cold
? Climatic change
Remedies which can be easily prepared at home to treat wet cold include:
1). Pepper, Sugar Candy and liquorice powder:
Ingredients to be used:
? 1 tsp black peppercorns
? 2 tsp sugar candy
? 3 tsp liquorice powder
Make powder of all the ingredients, ½ tsp of this powder has to be consumed 4 times every day.
2). Ginger and honey:
? Raw ginger
Extract 1 tsp of ginger juice from ginger paste to which 1 tsp of honey has to be added and heated till it is lukewarm. 1 tsp of this mixture has to be consumed thrice every day.