Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep GuptaYour feedback matters!
My 2.5 Yrs old twins are not eating good food. Just plain rice and because of that constipation problem. Stomach pain very frequent. How can I improve their immune system. They have just started schooling. They do not take dry fruits, fruits,vegetables etc ect please advise.
???? ?????? ?? ????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???????? ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ????? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ????? ???? ???
Respected Dr, we have 5 months' baby boy ,,,my wife has problem of low breastfeeding, she's providing powder prescribed as Child specialist,then shall we start boiled milk of cow...for his feeding?
Sir, my daughter is 8 years old. She always complain about a pain in her stomach. Could you pls tell me the possible reason for this n what will be the remedy for the same.
Hi. I am suffering from loose motions since 2 days. It is completely watery. Since my 2 months baby is on breastfeeding I cannot get admitted full time. I have taken intravenous oflox metrogyl and dns twice. Orally I am on ornof 500 bd, meftal spas and spertgut sachet. The frequency has reduced but it is stillstill watery. Am I on correct medication and how much time will it take to improve. I am slated to fly out of country on Thursday.
My grand son 3 months baby based on mother's breast feed and milk is not sufficient. Almost in exhausting stage Please suggest to come out of this problem and to feed the baby with sufficient milk. Also suggest the best bottle feeder to suit to the little mouth of baby to drink the milk through bottle feeder
My daughter 15 months old ,she could not eat a food only drink a mother milk. Previous months taking food is good but now not eat ,fruits not to taken now she weight 9.2 kg.daily hungry tonic drink. What happen not eat food please suggest on this.
My baby is 3 months my baby is not drinking milk from me for te past 4 days I am giving him formula from birtg.
My daughter is 11 months old. From her birth, she has been on formula feed lactogen, as her mother was unable to breast feed. We started Cerelac and ragi pudding when she was 6 months old. Over the last week or so, she has completely avoided the spoon which is why we can not give her cerelac anymore. Also, she drinks very little lactogen, like 60-90 ml every 4 hours or so. We have tried boiled rice, mashed apple and banana etc but she takes in very very less of everything. She is active but we do not see any weight gain whatsoever. In fact we feel her weight has actually reduced. She was 3.6 kgs at birth and now around 8.5 kgs. Please suggest. Again I am not complaining about the weight, but why is it she has stopped both milk and solids? We are giving esomac 10 granules morning and carmicide afternoon and evening to rule out griping or colic pain.
Is PCV vaccine really required. It's not in government immunisation vaccines. My daughter is 4 month old. She got PCV first dose in 6 weeks.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.