Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Skin Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep GuptaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am so much benefitted with Dr Sandeep Gupta's hair fall treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from hair fall, but Dr Sandeep Gupta was able to handle it. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. I was admitted to the Saraswati Memorial Hospital in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Sandeep Gupta. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. I never get sick, but then last year i started developing these pimples which were neverending. The nurses at the Saraswati Memorial Hospital were really helpful. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Dr Sandeep Gupta has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I had to get Aesthetic Dermatology Treatment and i chose dr Sandeep Gupta for that .he is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency.I was suffering from pains from very long. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant.Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. Clinic is at Saraswati Memorial Hospital in delhi
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my dark complexion. After consulting Dr Sandeep. I did not lose hope of getting skin whitening treatment. He ensures that she listens to his patients. I am really grateful as his skin whitening treatment has give me a ray of hope. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat the cases.
I read about Dr Sandeep Gupta on one of the social media platform. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. The hair treatment he offered was quite beneficial.
I found Dr. Sandeep very good in diagnosing the root cause and giving proper treatment. I was suffering from Pimples and other skin problems and had consulted lot of doctors in Pitampura. After Sandeep's consultation, all problems got resolved. Am happy with the doctor's treatment. Recommend others for his appointment/consultation strongly.
Dr Sandeep Gupta guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. It has been quite some time that i needed treatment for oily skin. The overall atmosphere in the Saraswati Memorial Hospital is very soothing. Sandeep Gupta doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem.
Thanks to Dr Sandeep for the skin scars treatmnet. I am glad that I chose to consult him. i am quite benefitted with his treatment. Memorial Hospital. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence.
Royal Aesthetics Clinic in Mumbai is a one stop solution to all derma problems. I visited dr Sandeep Gupta for treatment ofacne scars. Now i no longer have them and I am happy post the treatment. Thanks to the team!
dr Sandeep Gupta is very knowledgeable and knows how to stand out of the crowd with his excellent skills especially when it comes to acne treatment. He is available at Saraswati Memorial Hospital in Delhi.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be inspiring. Thankyou sir for your advice.Hope this will work well. Can Any iron tablet be taken?
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Sandeep is an expert of Dermatologist. I highly recommend others to get treatment from him.
Dr. Sandeep Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks...it is very helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be very helpful. Thank you.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be very helpful. Thank you
Manoj Kumar M
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Gupta to be knowledgeable. Ok
Dr. Sandeep Gupta provides answers that are well-reasoned. Thanku sir
Dr. Sandeep Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
Specialist in his field
What is Acne (Pimples)?
Acne is a very common skin disease that is characterised by the clogging of hair follicles of the skin with dead cells or oil produced from oil glands called ‘sebum’. It is a long-term skin disease and is seen to affect people who fall within the age group of 13-25.
They mostly occur on the face but it can also occur on the back, arms, neck, chest and shoulders. This can result in an uneven, bumpy appearance on the skin that may swell up and appear red. In severe cases, when the swelling subsides, it may leave a mark on the affected area.
What Causes Pimples?
The reasons behind pimples are not very clear although it is seen to be more prominent with teenagers and is more severe in boys as compared to girls.
But some factors that may cause acne are:
Hormones: The levels of hormones called ‘androgens’ increase when someone hits teenage. Androgens cause the pores on the skin to enlarge and secrete more sebum. This causes the pores to get clogged, thus causing acne.
Genetics: It is more likely for you to get pimples if your parents have had them in their childhood.
Medications: Certain medications used to treat diseases such as epilepsy can result in acne.
How To Treat Acne?
It is usually recommended to consult a dermatologist who may give you several options such as-
Although it is generally a temporary condition, severe acne can leave scar problem that can last a lifetime. A dermatologist can provide a variety of procedures for acne scar removal or reduction.
Microdermabrasion, deep chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing have all been shown to effectively reduce or eliminate acne scars. The right acne scar removal treatment for each patient depends on the degree of acne scarring, skin type, and other factors. A dermatologist can recommend the procedure that is best for you. Some of the treatments are:
Topical Ointments: Ointments are topical agents that are used on the surface of the skin or mucous membrane. Agents with Salicylic acid as an active ingredient can help in treating acne.
Oral Prescriptions: Oral antibiotics can be prescribed to you for treating your acne.
Acne Surgery: It can be used to treat current acne conditions. It involves cleansing the skin and its pores of infections and excessive oil and clusters of dead cells.
Skin Peeling Treatment: It is a very effective way of removing current pimples and scars that are left behind by the older ones. It basically removes the old, dead skin cells and encourages the growth of new ones. This must be done upon consulting your dermatologist.
Other measures that can be taken to control outbreaks include maintaining a healthy, junk-free diet.
I am 29 years old, I don't have any health issues except folliculitis usually when ever I feel stressful then it will more bumps lower lip and scalp on back side.
How to reduce acne in rainy season. What should precautions should I take for it. N give me some homemade remedies for acne n it's scars. M very thankful to you.
After a long summer, the first monsoon showers are something everyone looks forward to. After the third shower, this love often abates and the humid, damp weather causes a host of skin infections. Thus, it becomes essential to take extra care of the skin during the rainy season.
Here are a few tips to help your skin maintain its glow:
- Drink plenty of water: Though the weather is humid, the rainy season can make the skin dehydrated. Thus, it is important to drink plenty of water. This keeps the skin hydrated and avoids the accumulation of toxins in the body. 8 -10 glasses of water a day is the minimum intake required during the rainy season. Lotion based serums and water based moisturizers can also help keep the skin hydrated.
- Let your skin breathe: During the rainy season, avoid heavy makeup and foundation. Use water based moisturizers instead of oil based moisturizers. Leaving makeup on for too long during this season can enlarge your pores, block them and lead to acne breakouts. If you must use makeup, ensure that it is properly removed at the end of the day.
- Watch your diet: The condition of your skin mirrors the quality of your diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin glowing. Avoid spicy food that can cause erratic blood circulation and lead to allergies and skin irritations.
- Wash your face frequently: As soon as you get home from a day in the rain, wash your face with lukewarm water. Use a soap free cleanser and a scrub to keep your skin clean. After cleaning your face, use an alcohol free toner to close your pores and balance the pH levels of your skin.
- Avoid bleaching: Bleaching and facials could do more harm than good in the rainy season. This can make your skin rough.
- Use sunscreen: Sunscreen protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays. While UVB rays may be blocked by the overcast sky, UVA rays pass through windows and clouds as well. UV radiation not only accelerates signs of skin aging but can also lead to skin cancer. Thus, do not forget to wear sunscreen whether the sky is clear or not.
- Keep skin dry: As far as possible, keep your skin dry to fight fungal infections. Any place where the skin folds rub against each other is susceptible to such infections. During the rainy season, the feet are most prone of fungal infections. If you've walked through puddles of rainwater, wash your feet as soon as you get home and dry them properly. Also, avoid synthetic clothes that trap moisture and switch to cotton.
With these tips, your skin will be healthy and remain glowing throughout the season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Lybrate | Dr. Sandeep Gupta speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I have a combination skin. I never had acne issue in my entire teenage years. I suddenly started having lot of acne after my marriage. They acne have increased after my pregnancy. Kindly suggest and remedy.
While the use of makeup makes you look your best and also feel good about how yourself, it is equally important to know how much makeup to use and for how long. Understanding this may help you avoid common makeup-related skin problems.
How long can you really have makeup on your face?
Technically, you can wear makeup throughout the day without any problems as long as you do not have sensitive skin. You can use makeup which are specifically formulated for sensitive skin and can wear it all day.
Ideally, if you clean makeup at night after work, it is a good habit as you clean your face and prevent oil and dirt to get accumulated and clog your pores. Using oil blotting paper also reduces the amount of oil and dirt on your face.
What can you do to avoid the harmful effects of makeup on your skin?
- It is important to invest in quality tools and makeup according to your skin type
- Clear up heavy make-up (party make-up) with soothing milk or moisturizer
- Always wash your face in the evening when you are back and sleep with a clean face
- Regularly sanitize your tools. Wash your makeup brushes daily with lukewarm water and softly towel dry with a clean piece of cloth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all aging individuals. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Prevention from Aging:
- Eat healthy - Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure - This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Exercise regularly - Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
Anti-aging Dermatology Treatments:
- Botox: Botox is an injection that temporarily relaxes facial muscles to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as prevent new lines from forming. Common injection sites include the forehead, the area between the eyebrows, the corners of the eyes, and the sides of the chin. Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) for treating facial wrinkles is the most frequently performed cosmetic procedure. It has become the most common entry procedures for clinicians seeking to incorporate aesthetic treatments into their practice.
- Dermal Fillers: As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent. Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
- Thread Lift: Thread lifts can be a great way to rejuvenate and restore youthful contours to areas such as the brows, cheeks, jowls and the neck area. The procedure uses multiple, hair-thin needles that have fine threads dipped in bio stem cell liquid, inside them. These needles are inserted into a layer of the skin one-by-one and then pulled out together smoothly, leaving the fine thread inside the layers of your skin. This induces fibroblast and promotes collagen production and literally lifts skin. The thread is gradually absorbed into the skin.
- RF Tightening: Radiofrequency (RF) energy treatment is technology for non-surgical tightening of the early signs of loose or sagging skin; ideal for those people who either don’t want, or don’t believe they are old enough to have a surgical procedure. Pure RF energy alone is primarily used to treat skin laxity by facial tightening, and is best suited to patients with mild to moderate sagging of facial tissues, usually those in their mid 30s to 50s, with any skin colour. It is commonly used to treat the forehead, under the eyes, cheeks, mid-face, jaw line, and neck.
- HIFU Facelift: High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) lifts and tightens skin for a non-surgical face lift and neck lift. Since its release, Ulthera (Ultherapy) has been quickly growing in popularity with experts worldwide as an advanced HIFU device. Common treatment areas include - Brows and forehead, Chin, Neck, Stomach and Stretch marks. With just one treatment, HIFU pushes mature skin to start working hard again. Your eyes will look more open, brows more lifted, fine lines softened, and pore reduced. Because of the restored elasticity, your skin will feel softer and more supple, too.
Quick Tips to Look Younger-
1. Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slows down the aging naturally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.