Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep DuggalYour feedback matters!
How is Homoeopathy beneficial for your child during exams and result time?
Some Kids take tests with no tension at all, some get a bit nervous and tense, while others suffer with tummy aches, restlessness, headaches, nerves, mental dullness and an inability to focus. Just as some bodies overreact to allergens or toxins, others overreact to stresses like tests, public speaking or performing.
Fortunately homeopathy does not discriminate. Its applications include mental, emotional and physical symptoms equally. Without slowing, accelerating, depressing or stimulating mental function, our safe natural homeopathic remedies help the body steady its responses and maintain a healthier balance.
One gets the first bitter taste of stress in the adolescent years. There is pressure to perform well in exams, an anxiety whether one will be accepted by peers and to add to it all, difference in generations cause many arguments. All these lead to stress in susceptible youngsters. It is important to deal with stress at this stage because it lays foundations of the mental make up of individual for the years to come.
The most common form of student stress is exam anxiety. Marked by a feeling of panic, the student feels upper pared for the exams, almost every student experience exam stress. To some extend exam anxiety functions as stress and motivates students to put in greater efforts while studying However, at times it gets it gets out of hand and the inevitable result is distress.
Initial symptoms of exam anxiety are:
rapid heart beating.
However when full-blow distress, then the following symptoms are observed:
Inability to focus and understand.
Difficulty in retrieving key words and concepts.
A ‘blank feeling when one tries to remember the answers.
Remembering the answers after the exam is over.
The unfortunate result of excess exam stress is that the student fares badly in exams in spite of having worked hard.
The other common stressors faced by a student are…
Failure in examinations
The first year’s college, requiring adjustment to new study material and people.
Transfer to another college/educational institutions.
Economic burden of higher studies.
Problem with teachers.
Being expelled or having to quit college.
Since this form of distress spoils the performance of even the brightest of students, it becomes a matter of concern and requires treatment at the right point of time we treat distress forms of exam anxiety through a group of specific homeopathic medications. These medications function by controlling and reducing the extent of exam anxieties as perceived by the human body. These in turn work by controlling stress levels and preventing symptoms of distress from setting in, thus giving the student a chance to perform at his/her best potential.
A further advantage of the treatment that homeopathy has no side effects, like drowsiness, insomnia or trembling, unlike conventional treatment. And also we guide to our patient yoga, prename and meditations under our treatment, improved his mental ability and patient free from his mental disease.
Few of the problems where homoeopathy improves your child are-
Staying focused and sharp – common situations, such as jitters before an exam or job interview, poor concentration, exhaustion from overwork, and eyestrain from prolonged computer use.
Exam apprehension and stomach upset before exams.
Nervous before public speaking ,orals,viva or exams .
Poor Concentration, Stress, and Overwork.
Inability to relax and over-stimulated mind.
Eyestrain and muscle stiffness.
Humiliation,shame and Failure.
Reprimand/Criticism and Bullying.
Worry and Fear of failure.
Depression,anger,irritability and agitation.
2016, Naina Homoeo Care by Dr Sameer
My 19 months daughter is vomiting frequently and she also have some cold and cough. She almost vomited 6 times in 3 hrs and had loose motion once.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
If your child has become increasingly addicted to sweets and other sugary items, this addiction can lead to certain behavioral problems (like mood swings, irritability, anger, etc) in children. Moreover, a high sugar intake can lead to your child falling prey to serious diseases and conditions, including diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
Here's what you can do to break your child's indulgent habits and wean him from ill-health causing culprits like cakes, ice creams, candies, chocolates and rich and creamy desserts etc.
1. Practice what you preach -
In order to develop healthy eating habits in your child, it is imperative for you as a parent to lead by example. When it comes to weaning your child from sugary foods and sweets, you yourself should limit your intake. So, if you tell your child to avoid sweets but love sweets yourself, you'd be setting a bad example by eating them yourself and not letting your child have them. The best thing to do is to be a role model to your child as children learn everything from their parents.
2. Curb consumption of sugar by deferring intake to a later date -
Instead of depriving your child completely, it would prove to be more useful to tell them that they could have sweets on some other day. This is because if you deny him his indulgence, your child would invariably go on an eating spree the moment an opportunity arises. A study on a group of restrained eaters and non-diet individuals revealed that restrained eaters were found to consume more food than the non-dieting individuals. Not knowing when they could have their favourite foods again, they went on an eating spree.
Make frequent yet small offerings of sweets while explaining to him the importance of moderation and why he/she shouldn't overindulge but space out sugar intake.
3. Try the 90/10 rule -
Teaching older children the 90/10 principle is another sure-shot way of breaking your child?'s addiction to sweets. The rule calls for 90% of the diet to be made up of healthy food with the remaining 10% being devoted to foods your child wants to indulge in such as junk food, sweets or foods with high sugar content. The total calorie intake that arises from consumption of about 10% or 1-2 fun foods is only about 100-200 calories everyday.
4. Present your child with healthy alternatives to sugary items -
The next time your child wants to indulge in his sugar craving, instead of giving a processed sugary food, give healthier sweet foods like dates, honey or a fresh sweet fruit.
My 3 n half months old son doesn't pass his motion daily. But he passes urine for about 6 to 8 times a day. My in-law says that there is some problem with him since he doesn't pass motion daily. Is it a serious issue? Because I heard babies can be like that up to 4 days. Kindly guide me what should I do?
My son is 1 year old now he is crawling from 8 month but yet not creeping and sitting. Is this matter of worry. Please suggest. Regards.
Hello, My child suffering from marasmus which of the clinical manifestation is commonly observed? What should we do to cure?
I was blessed with a baby girl recently she has ab negative blood group, this is reason for worry or not because I have heard it's rare blood group. What major points should I take care of.
My son is 8 years old & his weight is 27 kg. He is suffering from headache since last two months. All reports are normal. Usko chashma bhi lag gya +0.5 ka. Fundus test bhi normal hai. please advice me. Thanks.
I gave breastfeed to my kid till 2 years but now I stop giving him. From last 3-4 days I felt pain in my left side of breast. I can't lie upside down on my bed while sleeping.
My son is 3 month old. I have thermometer to check his body temp. What is the normal temperature for babies? When it is said to be fever's temp?
My 2 days old baby keep on crying due to fever . How to overcome this. Fever due to vaccination injection. Due to switch she is not ready to drink milk also. Weight loss also.
My daughter is 1 years 5 months old. She passed the loose stool in mustard color n I think with mucus also. please suggest me medicine. Passed two stools in 1 hr.
Meri daughter 6 months ki hai or weight 6 k.g. Hai. Usko constipation ki problem hai last 2 months se. Usko glycerine ki bati laga kr potty karwani padti hai. please suggest.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.