Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SampitYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 30 year old. My face became full blackheads and dark too. It's looking very dull. Please suggest me the medicine to reduce blackheads and to become brightness of skin. And also my hands ate full black because of tan please suggest.
Why is castor oil not good to put on dry skin? I have been using a little daily. It seems to help. Please advise.
Hi Doctor my mom is 60 years her problem is since 2 months her feet skin is becoming hard and started cracking she feels very burning and painful and sometimes blood is coming out from cracks she is taking aceret25 tab and applying Dershine cream but no result her diabetes is normal and no bp hemoglobin is also normal pls advice Thanks in advance.
I have skin problem so pls solution me I want fair and rich loOK skin, my skin is dull. And oily pimple wrinkle my age 22 yr.
I am 18 year old teenage girl. From last few weeks I'M feeling mild pain and abnormal swelling in breast. And size of my breast is increasing day by day. M getting concerned becz I do not like big boobs please help me What should I do.
I am suffering from skin itching problem from last few weeks is this due to atmospheric change or due to some skin disease that I may hv developed please suggest me the remedies for same and precaution that I can take.
Favorite pastime of most of the people would be to look at the mirror and analyze the skin. While acne is the most common problem, next in line would be pigmentation. One could have light patches or dark patches on the skin. The color of the skin is due to a pigment known as melanin. Greater the amount of melanin in the skin, darker the complexion. Skin color depends on the following:
- Degree of sun exposure
- Skin care routine
- Stress levels
- Hormonal levels (related to menstruation, pregnancy, breast feeding, menopause, etc.)
- Food habits
Hypopigmentation is less common and it is better to seek medical advice to rule out other medical conditions. Hyperpigmentation where there are increased amounts of melanin on the skin. This is quite common and happens with increased sun exposure and age. The most common types are as below:
- Melesma: Caused by hormonal changes, is very commonly seen during pregnancy.
- Lentigo: Multiple black spots or freckles. This could be caused by ageing or due to sun exposure.
- Management of hyperpigmentation: This involves two-fold approach with preventing and treatment
Tips for preventing hyperpigmentation:
Reducing sun damage and using optimal sun protection is the best way to prevent hyperpigmentation. The sunscreen should have at least an SPF (sun protection factor) of 15. A common misbelief is that sun damage happens during the bright days. However, even sun during cloudy weather causes damage, so avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible if you have are at risk of pigmentation.
Regularly scrub and exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells from the top layers. Dry or sensitive skin can be exfoliated 1 to 2 times weekly, and oily skin can be exfoliated 2 to 3 times weekly. This helps constantly remove the top dead layers and fresh skin cells to come to the top, giving a fresher, more youthful look.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation Pigmentation is hereditary, and so improved skin care routine is useful in improving appearance. When buying skin care products, check whether the SPF is greater than 15 at the minimum, and there are other essential ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acids, glycolic acid, and lactic acid.
These help in skin regeneration and producing a clearer skin with reduced discoloration. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and kojic acid are also useful in treating hyperpigmentation. Dietary changes like egg white mask, citrus fruit application, potato peel can help in reducing pigmentation.
Other dietary changes to adhere to include a diet that is less in oil and refined sugars. A fresh fruit and vegetable loaded diet, adequate hydration, good skin care, and proper sun protection can go a long way in reducing pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
My mom always gets a black spots on her hands no matter wat happens if anything hurts or insects bites. please suggest some remedy.
Hi. I am 28 years old female, whitish complexion but in last few 2 years my skin has become dull pale tanned & full of spots blemishes. I want healthy glowing skin with good complexion
My friend doesn't have very good skin. His skin is darkening and is looking patchy. Also due to alot of sun exposure. His skin doesn't have a smooth finish. He's always looking sunburnt. Also cause is he's been having unboiled water for a while. And is looking dull and aged. So he is medicating himself by taking cord liver oil capsules- two in the morning, one tablet each in the morning and in evening. Due to this he has seen quite some improvement. He has just started taking multi vitamins, he was going to take vit b12 tablets as the deficiency of that is known to cause unhealthy skin, but instead is taking multi vitamins as it is all in one. He has one tablet during day time. And is also going to drink saafi from today. Do you think all these combinations are safe? They are showing results but are they safe? Thanks :)
Sir I have an habit of putting glycerine to my face regularly at night now I am so addict to it that if I not use it one or two days my face will start irritating so much plz help wht I do and I an also regular use of sunscreen.
I am 22 years old male and my skin is fair but recently .I have dark eye circle and my skin is become black. What should I do sir?
My face always seems dull . I am working in airlines , grooming is more important . But because of this I am facing many problem.
I am 23 yrs old and I have got pigmentaion on my hands and back. Please can you givme any solution as I cant wear sleavless and its looking vry bad please suggest me good lotion or which kind of treatment I can do for permamant removal.
I have an accident so I got some marks on my face of stitches. Nd cuts. So should I have a plastic surgery or laser surgery.
Bariatric surgery is advised only in cases of morbid obesity, which has various severe health effects. Undergoing bariatric or weight loss surgery requires effort not just prior to surgery, but also after surgery to ensure its success. This includes significant diet and lifestyle changes, which often involves moving from one end of the spectrum to another end. However, for a person who is willing to do this, the long-term benefits are multiple.
Read on to know how bariatric surgery can turn your life around.
- Weight loss: Bariatric surgery is advised only for people who are obese. One of the first benefits they would see is weight loss. The tendency to eat less is one of the important ways to reduce eating. Nutrition planning should be meticulously done to achieve two things – avoid weight gain and promote weight loss.
- Emotional gains: For a person who is used to seeing an obese image in the mirror, it is a great morale booster to see that image changing to a slender version. This is a big boost to continue the effort towards diet and exercise, which will only improve the confidence and esteem levels.
- Overall health: Morbid obesity is not an isolated condition. It brings with it a host of medical issues including sleep apnoea, diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, etc. With obesity under control, these conditions also begin to improve and the person’s overall quality of life begins to improve. This in turn provides a big boost for the person to continue working at weight loss.
- Reduced healthcare expenses: Obese people often need to eat various medications to manage overall health. There could also be emotional health management issues. With this controlled, the patient spends less on overall health and feels good again.
- Social connect: Morbid obesity isboth a physical and an emotional blockage for a person to engage socially. Once it is controlled, the person is more confident in meeting people and participating in social activities. This further leads to increased overall happiness.
- Active life: With reduced weight, the person’s level of activity improves. What seemed difficult earlier is suddenly doable. A person who could not walk some steps is able to, and this is a big booster.
People who undergo bariatric surgery require quite a bit of effort to change their overall lifestyle. However, the benefits are for them to see for themselves, and that is the biggest motivator to continue working towards their goal. Support is definitely required both medically and socially to ensure that it works. The benefits are there for all to reap. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Bariatrician.