Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir KalraYour feedback matters!
I faced headache problem before and after menses .I also problem of migraine. How to get relief that type of problem.
MY father has diabetes and he is in hospital Bcz of paralysis attack. So kindly advise me for liquid food and paralysis exercise and recovery.
What is the difference between seizure attack and panic attack. What do we call if someone gets sudden feeling of fear. Losing concentration. Becoming very sluggish. Unable to think logically. Mind goes blank. Unable to have restful sleep. Sudden change in appearance and behaviour and you will have this condition suddenly without any reason and whenever it happens others able to identify easily and by taking tablet at that time will make you normal again within couple of minutes. And no idea when it will reoccur again. What is it? why it happens and what to do to not to happen? Please advise.
My uncle has got a severe paralysis attack. But nw he is relaxing at home So. I was interested to kw which type of food will b good fr him. As he suffering frm diabetes too. Thank you.
I am 53 years old male affected by a stroke (left hemiplegia) five months before and now under rehabilitation. Whether this stroke is curable and shall I become 100% normal like before stroke? I am doing physical exercises, walking and oil massage. Is any other therapy recommended, like VARMAM?
Brain tumours vary in shape and size and the same is the case with their symptoms. The location of the tumour affects the symptoms greatly. Just like in any other type of a malignant tumour, brain tumour has a rapid growth and proliferation of abnormal cells that may have its origin in affected site or areas adjacent to it. As per studies, every 2 in 1,00,000 people are said to be affected by brain tumour in India. However, it may come as a relief to some as not all brain tumors are cancerous or life threatening. Some are benign tumors and seldom pose any threat to the affected individual.
Types of Brain Tumor
Brain tumors may be primary or secondary.
- Primary brain tumor: Here the abnormal mass of cells that originated in the brain do not metastasize to the other organs. Based on their location in the brain, the primary brain tumors may be of the following types.
- Gliomas: One of the most common types of primary brain tumors, gliomas can have their origin in the spinal cord or the brain. Some of the common types of gliomas include Astrocytomas (originates in the cerebrum of the brain), Glioblastomas (these tumors form from the Astrocytes which form the supportive tissues of the brain), Ependymoma (these develop from the ependymal cells which are present within the CNS), Oligodendrogliomas (these tumors are found to arise from the oligodendrocytes).
- Schwannomas: Also called as Acoustic neuromas, these primary brain tumors form on the nerves that play an important role in regulating the balance and hearing from the inner ear to the brain.
- Meningiomas: These type of tumors are usually benign and have their origin in the meninges (membranes surrounding the spinal cord and the brain).
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs): Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) are rare malignant tumors that originate from the fetal (embryonic) cells in the brain.
- Pituitary adenomas: As the name suggests, these tumors arise from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Common among the children, these malignant primary tumors develop in the brain (lower back) and gradually spread via the spinal fluid.
- Other types of primary brain tumors include Craniopharyngiomas and the Germ cell tumors.
- Secondary brain tumors: Unlike the primary brain tumors, these tumors have their origin in the other body parts and organs (mostly in the lungs, skin, colon, breast, and kidney) and then gradually metastasize to the brain. The secondary brain tumors are found to be more common.
Symptoms or warning signs associated with brain tumors:
Some of the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of a brain tumor include
- People with brain tumors often get seizures (due to the irritation caused by the tumors in the brain).
- A headache (mild to severe depending on the part of the brain affected by the tumor).
- A person experiences numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs and arms.
- There may be difficulties in walking or balancing.
- A person finds it difficult to concentrate.
- There may be some problems with hearing, speech or even vision.
- A person may experience weakness restricted to only one part of the body.
The symptoms may not necessarily indicate a brain tumor but it is always wise not to neglect the symptoms either. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
That Sir, my wife aged 46 years had undergone brain tumor surgery in Kolkata on 23rd February, 2012. Tumor was detected in the IVth Ventricle (Ependymoma) of her brain after conducting CT Scan and MRI tests. Biopsy of the tumor extracted during surgery showed WHO Grade II. Due to brain tumor surgery, she has developed double and blurred vision. VEP test was carried out as per the advice of a senior ophthalmologist but nothing fruitful result was achieved. She even cannot attend her normal daily routine and most of the time urinal occurs on bed. One Assistant is always required to look after her. She even cannot move freely and cannot stand on her own feet for attending nature�s call, taking food and medicines of her own etc. Etc. If she is forced to walk with the help of any Assistant, she complains of headache and other problems and easily starts sweating. In the mean time, several doctors were contacted and medicines were prescribed and consumed but no successful result could be obtained. Dr. , Neurosurgeon of , Kolkata was also contacted and he prescribed PACITANE tab. To be taken twice daily in July, 2014 which she took for a number of days but it yielded no result. He advised for MRI. A fresh MRI was conducted on 30.09. 2014 (MRI Report enclosed) which shows that there is small enhancing recurrent tumor in aqueductal region. Enhancing dural thickening at left front-temporo-parietal region. Furthermore, Dr. Consultant Neurosurgeon, Hospital.
Suffering from migraine how to prevent from it? May I know what the medicines are provides in market.
I feel pain in left side of groin area often in mornings and while having a walk. I only get relieved after resting for sometime. I consulted a urology doctor, treatment did not work. My prostate is normal. I want to know whether it is a neurological, orthopedic, or related to urology. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
What is parkinson's disease. Is it curable what the reasons responsible for the disease n what treatment do you suggest to eradicate it.
Recently I am on steroid medicines, for illness BELL'S PALSY. Its been 13 days from the treatment started. TODAY I HAD BLOOD drops coming out along with urine pass out, please indicate what does this mean?
Sir/mam, my mom have a round shape inside the middle of the brain we knew after scanning. Doctor give a medicine for since last 6 months but she is still suffering like before. She said she feel head pain moreover she have heart problem and she also admitted for head or brain problem before. So, please help me & my mom. I' ll be thankful to you.
Symptoms of Autism
Hi! Good morning! This is Dr. Rakesh Jain. I’m a Pediatric Neurologist working at Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon.
Today, I’m going to talk briefly about autism which is very commonly seen nowadays, in children. I would like to tell you what are the common symptoms and how would you identify autism in the early childhood.
A child at the age of one year who doesn’t do finger pointing, who doesn’t have good eye contact, doesn’t start uttering a single word, doesn’t have a joint attention or there are some other concern like child doesn’t mix up with the children of his own age, then, you must suspect either, there is some problem in hearing and accordingly you should go to a pediatrician to get him checked.
So, first of all, pediatrician would ask you to do a hearing test. If the hearing test is normal, then, we must think about the diagnosis of autism. It is called autistic spectrum disorder. It could be mild, moderate, severe. It may be associated with some other problems like some behavior problems, hyperactivity, poor attention, poor memory, epilepsy, so on and so forth. So, it is really important to diagnose this disorder as early as we can so that we can identify the cause of it and we can try to mend it accordingly.
And, there is no cure as such for autism. That’s the scary thing that there is no cure but having diagnosed it properly, early in life, we could do so many things, lots of therapies, for example, occupational therapy, speech therapy, sensory integration, psychological support and there are some medication as well to help with the comorbidities, not to treat the disorder as a core treatment .
If you want to know any further about it, and if your child is having any of the symptoms please, do contact your local pediatrician for basic screening and if you want to reach me, you could either visit me or you could connect me through Lybrate.
Thank you very much for your kind attention!