Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samir Kalra
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir KalraYour feedback matters!
I am unable to sit on the ground folding my legs for more than 15 min. If I try to sit more than that I'm getting a sensation to my legs like something is burning. Its not painful but I can't move my legs for some time then its free .the same thing is happening to my hands they go numb and after some time everything feels fine, do I have any vitamin deficiency?
My friend aged 65 years suffering from leg numbness, diabetic and using glynase mf 2 tabs daily. Renerve plus 1 tab daily, klopiklat a 150 mg 1 tab daily, grumet 25 1 tab daily, epiflat 10 mg 1 tab daily, 2 stents were provided 2 years back. Kindly advise medicines for legnumbness.
I have a 18 months old son. He have brain infections during birth time. Now he has no devlopment. Can you help me.
When I stand immidiatly numness occour in my left tigh so I want to know what is the reason, also suffring from acidity, every time I feel that I have to go for toilet, pls help me
From a few days in the morning my right hand seems to not work properly for a one or two minutes ,i feel sleepy from the hand .is it something to worry. please help me out. thanks sir.
I was always plumpy girl since childhood. After started taking medicine of epilepsy and thyroid, I put on lot of weight in my adolescent period. Since then I had tried many ways to reduce and from 90 kg I got down to 80 till my marriage within 1.5 years. After getting married, I put on 15 kgs n now I am 95. Now please guide me how to reduce despite having my hectic working schedule and no time to workout. These conditions are affecting me physically and mentally also. I get tired soon nd feel sad many times. Earlier through disciplined diet and massages and herbal life powder I reduced. After leaving all this I gained again. Now I am regretting since than. But now I need motivation and will power to come back to 80 kgs again. Please guide me. I want to plan my family next year. Thyroid doctor has advised me to reduce minimum 5 kgs. I feel fed up sometimes, crying also. This is all because of my weighty issues. please help me.
Obesity is the new-age lifestyle disease with multiple ramifications. While its effects on the physical aspects are very evident, the damage it does to the brain are more severe, though not obvious. Read on to know some harmful effects of obesity on the emotional well-being.
- Leads to binge eating: There is a certain pleasure in eating sugary and fatty food, and this is lost with depression. Therefore, to get that emotional satisfaction, people tend to eat more chocolates, cookies, milkshakes, and other weight-accumulating food items, which further add to obesity. Greater the weight gained by a person, lesser the response or happiness from such food products.
- Increases impulsivity: The area of the brain known as orbitofrontal cortex, which is in charge of controlling impulsivity, shrinks in obese people. This results in people eating more impulsively.
- Affects immunity: Obesity is a major cause of inflammation, leading to damage in certain parts of the brain. This impairs the immune system, making the affected person more prone to infections and tissue damage. This leads to increased chances of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleeping disorders, eating disorders, etc. The chemical known as C-reactive protein increases as seen on MRIs in obese people, and which is usually seen in patients with chronically increased inflammation.
- Effects on memory: As the BMI increases, there is a decrease in scores of memory tests. This effect is more obvious in women after menopause. With increased fat accumulation, more hormones are released, which affects the memory. Increased inflammation also affects cognition and memory.
- Increased risk of dementia: With more belly fat accumulating, there is extra stress on the body to burn the visceral fat. This reduces brain size and causes certain hormones to release, which further affects the body’s ability to remember things. It has been proven that people with smaller brain size are at greater risk for developing dementia.
- Weight loss stress adding to more stress: When obesity sets in and the BMI goes up, there is an added pressure to lose weight, which further ups the stress levels. During these dieting days, the brain is constantly alert and finds ways to eat more. This also leads to excess eating. Moreover, there are indications that there could be genetic changes during this phase, which may leave a permanent mark in the person’s composition.
- Depression: When a person is not happy with their reflection in the mirror, the chances of feeling good and happy are very less. In this age, where aesthetics plays a major morale booster, an obese image staring back does not help at all.
So, if you have a risk of obesity, watch out. It is not just how you look, but how you feel is also altered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.