Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Samir Kaleni

Psychiatrist, Delhi

1400 at clinic
Dr. Samir Kaleni Psychiatrist, Delhi
1400 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. Samir Kaleni
Dr. Samir Kaleni is one of the best Psychiatrists in Preet Vihar, Delhi. He is currently associated with Delhi Psychiatry Center in Preet Vihar, Delhi. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Samir Kaleni on has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Delhi Psychiatry Center

35, Defence Enclave, Lakshmi Nagar Road, Preet Vihar.Landmark:- Near Mcdonald's, DelhiDelhi Get Directions
1400 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Samir Kaleni

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Dear Sir, My father who is 81 years old he is desperation patient more than 50 years he takes so many medicines and does want to do any thing (watch tv, news paper family work) but he is very sincere about his work money and health please advice us.

B.Sc(Hons) Mumbai Univ., ND, MD - Alternate Medicine, Aroma Therap., Bach Flower Rem, Mental Health Cert.
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Mumbai
Hi I will prescribe some harmless but effective flower remedy available in homoeopathy shops. Try to buy original medicines. Mix 3 drops of gentian + 3 drops of scleranthus + 3 drops of sweet chestnut + 3 drops of cherry plum+ 2 drops of chestnut bud. Mix these with 100 ml water and drink it every morning and night.(same dose)
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 18 year old boy and when I listen my girlfriend's voice in phone my penis reacts. So please tell me is this normal or abnormal?

General Physician, Gurgaon
This is common due to sexual arousal but in my opinion relation between 2 person starts from respecting each other should not based on sexual feeling should be better to concentrate in some extracurricular activities like music/sports/ yoga/ meditation etc.
39 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife suffers from a mild type of split personality. With the outside world she is polite and well behaved but with me her husband, she about twice a month goes into shouting and screaming on imaginary issues and also hurls object at me in a violent manner. She goes into a crazy fit on relly small issues.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
What were you dong all these years suffering and letting her suffer these episodic bouts of violence? or are you suggesting that this is a recent phenomenon? you must take her to a psychiatrist immediately and work with a counselor in tandem with the medication, if she needs it. You must also track the episodes of these acts to see what could be stimulating this behavior, if it depends on circumstances or environmental factors. With age one? s defenses do come down and what she might have been able to contain in her past may not be easy now. Which means there may have been indication earlier that either you did not notice or may have ignored/misread under the label of menopause. But there is certainly a serious concern, if the behavior you claim is accurate and as described.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Depression What You Need to Know About It

M.S. Counselling and Psychotherapy
Psychologist, Bangalore
Depression What You Need to Know About It

What is Depression?: It is a state of mind when a person feels very low, loses interest in routine daily activities, feels hopeless and helpless. Many times the person starts thinking about suicide. It is a very dangerous state and needs immediate intervention from Mental Health Professionals.

Assessment of Depression: Anyone feeling very sad cannot be called as a "depressed" person. To confirm the depression, the person needs to undergo assessment tests by either a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist. A "Depression Test" is carried out to see the exact intensity of depression.

Symptoms of Depression:

Feeling very sad all the time, continuously for more than 15 days: Feeling very sad continuously for a period of 15 days or more confirms depression. But just feeling sad sometimes is not depression.

  1. Crying for no specific reason: A depressed person may cry without any specific reason or provocation. The internal feeling of sadness is so intense, that the person cries without a good reason.
  2. Feeling worthless and hopeless: A depressed person has very low self esteem. The person thinks that he/she is useless, has no value and respect in the society. A depressed person feels hopeless. He/she thinks that 'this is the end of the world' and things cannot improve. The person does not have any hopes about future and may start thinking about committing suicide or may attempt suicide.
  3. Loss of interest in life: The person loses interest in life. Does not feel like taking part in any activities which she/he were interested in doing earlier. There is nothing to look forward to, in their life.
  4. Ignoring personal hygiene: The person is so disinterested in life that she/he becomes careless about personal hygiene. They may not take bath for days together, may not even change their clothes or comb their hair or brush their teeth and are least bothered about the general cleanliness.
  5. Sleep disorders: The depressed person may sleep all the time or may not be able to sleep at all, which affects their overall health.
  6. Eating disorders: The person with depressive symptoms may stop eating or eat very little or in some cases eat a lot.
  7. Lack of sexual desire: The person may lose interest in sex and stop interacting with the sexual partner or start avoiding them.
  8. Feeling like a loser all the time, not wanting to fight back: The person has no self confidence and hence loses all the faith in his/her own abilities. Does not believe that he/she can face difficult situations and also can fight back.
  9. Becoming antisocial: The person avoids meeting other people and does not interact with people at home.

Causes of Depression:

There are various factors, which may cause depression:

  1. Family history: A person who has a family history of depression is more likely to have depression. If any of the parents or grandparents were diagnosed with depression then the person is more susceptible to depression.
  2. Trauma: If a person has gone through a 'life changing' experience, it can cause depression. Situations, such as a sudden death of a loved one or in case of witnessing devastating natural disasters like earthquake or tsunami or a war survivor, someone who has experienced terrorist attack or when someone has suffered sexual or physical abuse etc. may cause depression.
  3. Health issues: If a person is having terminal illness, that can cause depression as the person has to endure lot of pain and has no hopes about recovery.
  4. Relationship problems: If a person is dissatisfied with his/her close relationships like relation with the spouse, parents, siblings or offsprings, then the person may feel like a failure and feels worthless, unwanted or betrayed.
  5. Financial issues: A person having any financial issue like not able to get a job or loss of job, incurring heavy losses in business or unable to earn enough money to satisfy the basic needs etc. might get depressed.
  6. Failures in life: Failure to pass an examination, failure to achieve targets/goals, failure in love affair etc.may result in depression.
  7. Treatment for Depression: Depression may fall in the category of mild, moderate and severe. But it is very important that the person gets assessed for the severity of depression.
  8. Assessment by a Psychiatrist/Psychologist/Counsellor: A person needs to be assessed by either a Psychiatrist or a Psychologist or a Counsellor, to understand the intensity of depression. These Mental Health Professionals may assess a person by talking to him/her and if required by applying certain 'Depression Assessment' tests.
  9. Medication and Counselling: In case of moderate to severe depression, a Psychiatrist will prescribe certain medication. Along with the medicines, counselling sessions work very well. In case of mild depression, only counselling also can be helpful.
  10. Depression is Treatable: If you come across someone with depressive symptoms, kindly advise them to seek help from a Counsellor, Psychologist or a Psychiatrist.
4689 people found this helpful

I'm suffering from depression since many years nd sometimes recovering nd again going to depression as I'm hyper sensitive. I hav attempted to suicide 2 times .I always get -ve thoughts. People say I'm soo innocent. I hate people too.&i m very calm. I fed up with people. I dnt want stay in world. please help me.

M.S. Counselling and Psychotherapy
Psychologist, Bangalore
Dear Lybrate User, I am very concerned to see you in this condition. Have you ever taken any professional help for this condition? If not, please consult a Counsellor at the earliest. The Counsellor will help you to understand what is happening to you and what are the causes. I guess that you have had a difficult childhood. Probably your emotions and feelings were not validated by your loved ones. All those suppressed emotions are making you hyper sensitive now. Since you have attempted suicide twice, then it is clear that you are desperate to leave this world which seems an unhappy place for you. I think, suicide is not a solution, it might create more problems for you. It is advisable to consult a Counsellor at the earliest. The Counsellor will listen to you and will accept you unconditionally. The Counsellor will also help you to understand what is happening to you and what is the cause behind your negative thinking. By modifying your thoughts and behaviour you may bring some pleasant change in your life. The Counselling process will help you to explore other options. All the best and take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Good morning doctor ,i am 24, i completed my graduation but i m not doing any job. I m going to study in abroad for msaters but i wasted 4 yrs of my valuable time without doing anything. I m feeling very depressed for what i m. I m having lot of problems at my home and with my girl. I m fully depressed for the on going problems. How can i overcome that ?

BHARAT JYOTI, MRACGP, INCEPTOR, MD-PhD, MD - Psychiatry, FIPS, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), DPM, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Bangalore
You are depressed due to a reason -jobless/ home and your partner issues. You need to take counselling to learn coping skills. CBT is also helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

He is getting too much temper and always stay moody or disturbed. Do not bother to care for any one or respect parents too He gets too much angry for small things too. Can you please suggest us how is family can handle this situation And what can me as a friend help him.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Family has to be understanding, caring and tolerate him and st the same time take him for a counselling and medication if needed
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have develop unknown fear of my health due to rise in sugar level and blood pressure. Pl reply.

L L. B..,, M.Sc psychy,, N L P, P.G.D.G.C, M.S psychotherapy,, M.A child care, M A, clinical psy, M.A,social psychiatry,, M.Phil., psychology., Ph.D .,psychology
Psychologist, Vijayawada
This is called phobia. Internal frustration and internal frustrated thoughts are main cause of phobia. Some cases past incidents and past bad memories are also one of the cause of phobia. Express internal frustrated thoughts to your close friends and family members. Do not think about past incidents. Stress may also cause for increase your sugar level. Better to stress management techniques. Relaxing so much of time. Eating new food items. Visiting new places, spending most of the time with friends. Joyful environment. Create your own recreation channel. Take good diet. Do not eat night time food. Beaway of sugar content food. Take precautions even tea and coffee. Walk more time. Take regular medicine for sugar. Diet control and walking is more important for sugar patents. Most of the time do not think sugar level. Feel always comfortable. Three months if you take precautions sugar level automatically. Come down. Maintain good relations with others. Be sociable. Be happy all time. Do not sit alone. Be share each and everything to others. Best of luck.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have Fear phobia to move alone. What I should do and suffering with gastro too.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear, phobia is a kind of anxiety. Anxiety disorders are a category of mental disorders characterized by feelings of anxiety and fear, where anxiety is a worry about future events and fear is a reaction to current events. These feelings may cause physical symptoms, such as a racing heart and shakiness. There are a number of anxiety disorders: including generalized anxiety disorder, a specific phobia, social anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, and panic disorder among others. While each has its own characteristics and symptoms, they all include symptoms of anxiety. I need to know more about your anxiety so that I will be able to diagnose it properly and provide you tips to overcome and manage your anxiety. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir mai sigrate peeta hu aur chodna chata hoo iske lia kya karna hoga pls mune batana.

Nutritionist, Diploma In Cosmeto Dermatology , BHMS
Homeopath, Delhi
if you have the desire to quit than its quite possible.there are medicines in homoeopathy which will deviate or curb your desire to smoke
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 28 year student. I am very upset because I have no job till now .there are so many wrong idea arising in mind to take the step sir I am very depress. How to get a job and how can recover from this problem.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
You have to patiently keep on trying for a lob with your qualification and should not become depressed .It will slow down you. For mind control you can do meditaion and yoga and if needed you can take antidepressant medication under guidance of a doctor.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

HI All, I had a sex with condom but I am getting lot of tension. Almost 2 months happen which are the test I need to undergone through check hiv. Please tell me.

Masters in Clinical Psychology
Psychologist, Lucknow
Hi lybrate-user, since you had protected sex there is no need to take tension, nothing adverse will happen. Relax or you are harming your body by taking so much stress.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir my body all time pain so suggest any solution of my health my age is 21.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Hello, Body pain may be due to 1. fever 2. abrupt start or stop of exercise 3. Any other medical disease like Anaemia/ Hypoproteinemia/ Thyroid problem 4. Vit D deficiency 5. Multimineral and vitamin Deficiency 6.Stress/ anxiety 7. Over exertion (physical and mental) Kindly measure your temperature and tell me reading take mental and physical rest bathing also reduce body pain Kindly consult Physician for further management
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Doctor, I am married for past 11 yrs, we had love marriage though my husbands parents were not happy with and trouble some but my husband and wife were happy but from past 3 to 4 years our relationship is ruining My husband lost all his financial gains and got cheated in business so I work in a pvt firm due to this he has started drinking heavily and abuses me speaks slang language to me and my kids, He was a very responsible and hardworking person earlier but now he has no interest to go for job nor has interest in family he has only interest in drinking and quarreling with me and he also simply suspects me on my character I am sure he is depressed due to his business loss but I have tried a lot to understand him and helped him to come out of that but he does not listen to me or anybody who tells him good Please guide me what to do with him and get him back out of this because he was a very wonderful human being loving an caring husband son and father, Please advise.

L L. B..,, M.Sc psychy,, N L P, P.G.D.G.C, M.S psychotherapy,, M.A child care, M A, clinical psy, M.A,social psychiatry,, M.Phil., psychology., Ph.D .,psychology
Psychologist, Vijayawada
He lost in financial status for that reason he become hopeless and escapist. Better to take the help of your elders. Or his friends. Understand the situation properly. If not possible. It is better to take him psychiatrist. Along with psychiatric medicine it is better to consult psychologist for psychological counselling. You know he is very good person. Because of his mental condition. He disturbed and suspect to you. In this stage you do not develop negative thoughts. Understand his mental status is not good. If he reject the medicine then consult psychologist. It is not done only by you. Better to take his or your elders help. It is always best. Or request him or talk like a friend when he is good mood. If he scolds you do not bother wait for right time. You have chance to win one day. Upto that wait. God will helps to you. Do not develop depression status. Remaining time you better to develop a very good friendly relations in office environment. Ok all the best.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Boring of life, anxiety, depression, not interest any thing, nervousness, fairness etc give me natural solution.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
Ashwagandha is used for anxiety trouble sleeping insomnia backache anti depressant stress its an ancient herb which is very powerful in the following problems you can have ashwagandha churna with milk twice a day
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am under strong depression for 4 years and shown many doctors. No fruitful result. Kindly help.

D.P.M(psychiatry) [Diploma in Psychological medicine] , MBBS
Psychiatrist, Jalna
Hello , major depression does not always respond to antidepressant medicines easily. If your depression does not respond to two or more antidepressants, you could be suffering from treatment resistant depression (trd) don't lose hope. There are lots of treatment options available for trd. I will be able to help you a lot more if you can provide detailed information about the different drugs that you have taken and your investigation reports in private. Take care and good luck.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello. She usually complains about severe headache and sometimes body ache. Someone suggested me Belladonna 200, eupatrium perf 200, and alfavena malt. So is it okay to talk these medicines without any doctors recommendation and would it be safe or rather is it harmless?

General Physician, Mumbai
I will suggest you to get your blood checked for CBC and then we can decide on the course of treatment
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 19 years old guy. I do not have any sister and being from a rural family. I am not used to be in contact with girls much. Now studies took me at IIT. Here when I talk to girls, I just hesitate and so I prefer company of boys. I am more introvert also. So need counselling to have confidence while talking to girls. I know it will be problematic when I will be facing interviews etc. Please advise.

Hypnotherapist, DCS, BSIC, Advanced Trainee of Transactional Analysis, Advanced Skills in Counselling
Yes counselling helps to get back your confidence in different situations. As you grow older you will be thrown in different situations which you may have never faced before. But it will be important for you to master the art of changes so that you can excel in your life. I suggest that you don't label yourself as an introvert because you will start behaving accordingly and you could find it very difficult to undo the damage done.
13 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Helo I am not feeling well. Sore throat, body pain, fever, unusual feeling during urination like heaviness in lower abdomen, little pain during intercourse, and sometimes mild pain on sides and back.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Take homoeopathic medicine belladonna 30 at hourly interval 3 times in the morning and arsenic album 30 at hourly interval 3 times in the evening for 4 days. Take light and easily digestible food and complete rest. Drink lots of water to hydrate and eliminate toxins from your body.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed