Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir K KalraYour feedback matters!
My mom is suffering from stroke for 8 years and her left side entire body is affected. Due to stroke she will not be able to feel anything in that side. She is taking medications regularly. For last 1 week she is feeling bad pain in the left side of her body. What's the reason and to cure it?
How much time it takes to treat Parkinson. My mom is suffering from it, her hands shakes a lil. She is under treatment by a neurosurgeon.
Hi I'm 21 yr boy My hands will be some time shake /vibrating And also some time my right side eye shaking What was it? please guid me.
I have Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. I want to drink beer but doctor said alcohol intake can trigger the myoclonic jerks. Is that true? Can't I drink alcohol?
I am 23 years old. My problem is related to body shivering. every time I have to face public I cannot due to lack of confidence. My hands and leg start to shiver and heart beat increases. please help me. I am in tension as I am getting married within a month and I am tensed whether I will be able to handle pressure or not on that day to face all people. Please help.
I am a 26 year old male. Lately I've been feeling unhappy, I have a good paying job, a good girlfriend, family but despite all this I don't feel the energy and happiness I used to feel. My mind is on a constant thinking mode and it never stops, I don't sleep well I don't feel like eating much (less than how it used to be earlier). My head feels heavy and I never feel fresh and not energetic. Also I don't feel anything, I feel numb to most of the things around me. Is it depression or any other r disease? How can I be normal? Please help.
Dr. hume migrain hai so ye bataye ki kya iska koi ilaj hai india mai aur kuch suggest kriye kaise ye thik hoga please Dr. bcz bahut dard hota hai body mai.
Sir, I am a ret med. Spe. My wife is suffering from parkinsonism since last 6-7 yrs but since last one yrs her condition is deteriorating pertaing to muscle loss. Loss of memory, unable to talk & respond properly. Shedevloped hypoprotenaemia due to bedsore etc & I gave her uman albumin 20%. Kindly advice any thing to be done at this stage to boost up her muscle power. Thanks.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.