Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samir K Kalra
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir K KalraYour feedback matters!
Hello sir sometimes their is slight headache to m. BT it gets relief within 6 hours BT that also causes m vomiting blurry vision BT when their is actual migraine I vomit 6-7 times in day. BT m actual migraine comes once in 2 months. What shud I do can you tell m pls.
In the year 2011 a epilepsy seizure has occur in me and then I become unconscious. My family member took me to hospital and when I came conscious I feel very pain in my waist from back side. The pain is always coming in winter season yearly. It is difficult to me to sit and stand again.
First time affected epilepsy 3 months back. Taking seezfree tab. 1gm (1-0-1. Pls guide me should I continue this or decrease the dosage. Is there any other medicine? How long I should take.
What are the symptoms of migraine and dengue and what precautions should b taken to avoid this and be safe.
Is cerebral dysrhythmia curable? I have a child age 2 years 6 months. In his eeg reports ,showing generalized cerebral dysrhythmia. He is unable to speak. But listen. I am very anxious about him. Please advise
Seizure is a sudden change in behavior that is the consequence of brain dysfunction.
Approximately 0.5–1% of population has epilepsy.
ome seizures are provoked i.e. that occur in the metabolic derangement, drug or alcohol withdrawal and in situations like acute paralysis or acute encephalitis. Such patients are not considered to have epilepsy because these seizures would not recur in the absence of the provocation.
Less than 50% of epilepsy cases will have an identifiable cause such as head trauma, brain tumor, paralysis, infection, brain malformation etc.
Having one seizure does not always mean that the patient would always get a seizure.
One episode of seizure may not require treatment.
Hospitalization is required in the first seizure only if it is associated with prolonged post seizure altered level of consciousness.
Patients with unprovoked seizure may not be allowed to drive for some time.
In children, seizure can occur with high grade fever.
In adults, the first episode of seizure may be due to worms in the brain. In such a situation, it may be necessary to do an MRI test.
A patient with seizure can get married, live a normal life and produce children.
It is a misnomer that during a fit you need to make the person smell a shoe.
During epilepsy, never put the fingers inside the mouth of the patient as you could be bitten. Use a spoon instead to prevent tongue bite.
A patient with epilepsy fall will have stiffness in the body; on the contrary, patient with cardiac loss of consciousness will fall loose.
A seizure that lasts for more than 5–10 minutes requires specialized attention.
Hearing aid is a small electronic device that you wear in or behind your ear.It makes sound louder so that a person with hearing loss can listen, communicate and participant more fully in daily activities.
A hearing aid can help people hear more in both quiet and noisy situation.
A Hearing aid has three basic parts: a microphone, amplifier, and receiver. The hearing aid receives sound through a microphone, which converts the sound waves into electrical signals and sends them to an amplifier. The amplifier increases the power of signals and then sends to the ear through receiver.
How does it help?
Hearing aids are primarily useful in improving the hearing and speech comprehension of people who have hearing loss or impairment.
If you think you might have hearing loss or your family says that you can’t hear once said then you need to Visit Audiologist to investigate whether you have hearing loss or not
Signs of hearing loss:
- Asking people for repetition
- Difficulties on telephone
- Difficulties while watching TV , Turning the TV or radio volume
- Speaking loudly
- Problem in noisy surrounding.
- Withdrawal from conversation.
- Avoidance of social meetings.
- Difficulty in understanding words
- Frustration and anger if not able to hear other people.
If you find any of these you need to consult Audiologist.
Who is an Audiologist?
- Audiologist is a hearing health care professional who investigate or identifies and measures hearing capacity by administering various audiological tests.
- Audiologist has Degree in Audiology and he is a registered member of Rehabilitation council of india.
- Audiologist will help you to find out whether you have hearing loss or not.
- Audiologist will tell you type and degree of hearing loss.
- Audiologists will advice you further management according to your reports.
- If you have condition which can be corrected by medicine or surgery then he will refer to ENT specialist.
- If you have hearing loss then Audiologist will help you to select type of hearing aid suitable for you.
- He will also tell you which hearing aid works best for you
- Audiologist will program your hearing aid according to your audiogram.
- Audiologist will also look after you hearing aid- repair, programming, change of parts, servicing, minor repair, batteries, re-evaluation and programming in future.
He will also guide you before and after ear surgery.