Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer Vasu
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer VasuYour feedback matters!
My 2 yr old son having cough,cold & Temp. from last 2 month...consulted Dr. He has given Ambrdiyl AS then shifted Reliant Plus for cough, for cold suggested Sinarest Cc and for Temperature suggested combiflam also giving steam regularly I.e. 3-4 times in a day...but still all three problems is not rectified... Yesterday done blood test CBC just want to know is he having any infection then haemoglobin just below than requirement I.e. 10.5 please suggest....what should I do?
I start my 5 years old daughter to eat egg. On per day sometimes two. After eating she takes her dinner that contains MALAI cream of milk. Is there any problem that may attack like Vitiligo or should I stop egg. Kindly advise me.
Hi. Actually it is for my daughter who is 15 years old. She has a period problem for, 3 year's but she haven't go to hospital because she won't. In this problem she suffers from great and great pain of stomach. Nd over bleeding falls in during this time. Nd at morning she became very angry. What should I do in this situation without taking her to the hospital.
Hello sir, my daughter 4 year old she is suffering from hearing loss after typhoid .sir please suitable advice to her treatment.
Dear doctor. My son is now in 1.9 year old. He has suffering from vomiting and nausea. After every solid food or during the time of eating he feels like nausea and vomiting. Our doctor prescribed junior lanzol 15 mg'it is good? Can I give it every day? Pls help me doctor. Am worried.
Hi my baby girl is 50 days old. Having fever since last 7 days. Doctor has given paracetamol drops and asked to give 4 times a day. There is was no improvement after two days so we visited doctor again he suggested to wait for four days with same medicines and come after that. Now after 5 days fever is continue. Kindly suggest, should I wait further.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
While it is sheer joy for a parent to see his/her child respond to questions and discussions, some children may not be able to do so, as they cannot hear what the parent is saying or asking. This condition of hearing loss can be either seen at birth (congenital) or it may develop after a few years (acquired). While it is difficult identifying hearing loss before 6 months of age, earlier detection can be extremely helpful in terms of improving the prognosis. Though not common, congenital hearing loss affects about 1.4 per 1000 births, while acquired loss affects about 5 per 1000 births.
Signs to identify hearing loss:
- Takes time to respond to your call often
- Repeatedly asks you to repeat what you just said
- Tries to keep the ear closer to the source of the sound, either people or things
- Asks for the volume of TV and music to be higher than normal
- The child talks louder to be clear and understood
- The teacher at school complains about lack of attention
- Appears to be not paying attention to what said, and says, “didn’t hear you”
- Appears to lip-read by looking at the lips intently to see what you said
- Could have ear pains or ringing in the ears
- Reluctant to use phone or strains to hear over the phone
Before proceeding to treatment, the first step is to confirm hearing loss. A thorough physical exam and audiogram can help identify the reason for the hearing loss, so treatment can be planned accordingly.
In some children, severe wax buildup and middle ear infections can also cause hearing loss. All it requires is clearing of wax and a course of infection treatment to restore hearing. With medical advances, tests which are painless and non-invasive can be done in children as young as 6 months to confirm hearing loss.
- Hearing aids: With aesthetics being a major concern, there are discreet devices which can be completely hidden. Even severe hearing loss can be managed with these.
- Cochlear implant: Where there is a nervous problem, cochlear implants are used.
- Speech therapy: For kids who have had a delay in picking up speech and language, additional speech therapy may be required.
Confirmation of hearing loss, is done by audiologist & speech language pathologist who are specialized in dealing with hearing and speech related problems and their management. So, its always advised to follow the specialist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!