Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer VasuYour feedback matters!
My 2 months baby's body getting sometimes hot and sometimes normal. Don't know why past 3 days it's happening.
I am a breast feeding mom. I used to take eldoper for diarrhoea before. I heard its harmful for baby. Please suggest an alternative to be used for emergencies ?
I have blessed with a baby boy on 16 jan 2016 now he was 28 weeks old when he was born and his weight is 1 kg 300 gm and now he has weight of 1 kg 400gm I want to know that when he will discharge from hospital is he safe in hospital or he will be safe at home as we can take special care off him 24×7 we should wait or bring him home doctors are saying that he is absolutely fine. Then why doctors are not giving him holiday.
I am 24 year old ,i m taking treatment for tuberculosis ,cystitis nd sinusitis in homeopathic. I have also but my Dr. says that after recovering by these condition, your treatment for pcos will be started, I have acne on my face, I have pcos problem from two years, can I take hormonal pills (ginette35) which was prescribed me by a gynaecologist .i want to ask that can I take these tablets wid my homeopathic treatment. Please provide me guidance.
I suffering from fever. My fever is sometime closed for many days and start. My stomach was too much pain. When I do toilet I feel pain in penis.
7-8 kg at 9 months is good weight at this age. It is not necessary to add powdered badam etc. The tiny particles of badam can cause problems. Wait till the child at least one year old.
My 16 days old baby is on breast milk but sometimes when he feels hungry I give him formula milk Farex with bottle. I wanna ask, is there any problem to give formula milk n breast milk both? And he is not passing poop from last four days Plzz need urgent help.
My son is 3 years old. His skin at the arms, shoulders, cheeks has got small pimples and it is rough and itching. He got this since he is 1 year old. Please let me know what is to be done.
As the baby enters life, he unveils a different world for himself. There is so much to see, understand, learn and experience. A baby’s life is full of exciting new experiences as he views things and people around him with curiosity. But as he fondles with things around him, he carries dust, germs and possibility of an infection. Besides the external environment, his sensitive skin also deals with 24/7 nappies that cause dampness and may lead to a fungal infection.
It is quite natural for parents to panic with the slightest of baby’s discomfort. However, it is important to note that almost all babies develop rashes with first few weeks of their life as it’s the time when their skin is adapting to the outside environment. Not all rashes are harmful. Baby’s immune system has the capacity to fight with most of the infections. Thus, many skin rashes heal on its own. In case, rashes are followed by fever, vomiting, pain or other symptoms, it is advisable to seek medical intervention immediately.
Most common rashes in children are caused due to nappies. The skin around the nappy area become red itchy and irritated. The best way to prevent nappy rashes is to keep baby’s skin clean and dry. Check for dampness and never keep the same nappy for more than 3 hours. Antifungal creams as prescribed by a pediatrician could be applied externally to fight infection.
Blocked pores on baby’s skin can cause acne as well as white spots called Milia. They can appear on face, neck, hands generally first two weeks of baby’s life. Doctors advice using a mild soap and keeping the skin moisturized.
Extreme climate can be harsh on baby’s skin. The skin reacts to dry cold winds in form of dry and scaly patches which become red and itchy. Extreme summers can cause rashes due to sweat. The only way to prevent such problems is to keep baby indoors, warm and hydrated in winter and assure baby wears soft and loose cotton clothing in summers.
Many of us have noticed flaky patches that appear on new born baby’s scalp. Those look like thick yellow secretions. They are known as cradle crap. They are not itchy or painful and heal on their own.
As baby grows, he is introduced to new foods. This is also the time when food allergies began to get recognized. Many times body reacts to an allergen through skin rashes. These are called Hives and may occur any time in child’s life. Avoidance of allergens is the most effective way to deal with food allergies.
A baby needs constant care and supervision. Parents knowledge greatly help in prevention and management of such issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Now, today's world is suffering from many unknown ailments, due to our modern lifestyle, diet and many more. One of the most hazardous problems today's world is suffering from is ear related i. E ringing sound or tinnitus with vertigo and hearing loss. So as an audiologist my request and advice to all to avoid unwanted loud sound and protect your hearing by either wearing ear plugs or ear muffs or by avoiding such detrimental situations by wiseness, because tinnitus is mostly related to your duration of noise exposure. Because your health is in your hand. So you people decide.
My son is quarter to four years old and is suffering from cold and cough. Someone suggested me SHARBAT BANAFSHA . Can I give it to him and how much?
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.