Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer Sethi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer SethiYour feedback matters!
The doctos listens to you patiently and tells you about your problem in detail. The only thing which I did not like was that I had booked an appointment for 7:30 but I had to wait for an hour because there was first come first serve basis. There’s no point booking an appointment for this clinic.
Why nose bleeding can be serious?
A majority of people experience nosebleeds at least once in their lifetimes, whether from excessive picking of the nose or a pretty hard fall. Most nosebleeds go away soon but it can get very serious if you are not careful.
Nosebleeds can be broadly classified into two types:
1. Anterior nosebleeds, which happen from the front of the nose, are quite normal and get better quickly.
2. Posterior nosebleeds happen from deep within the nose and get very serious if proper care is not provided. However, such cases are rare and happen only in extreme trauma.
What to do when a nosebleed strikes?
- to stop the bleeding, tilt your head upwards and apply ice on the bridge of the nose. This helps in stopping the blood flow quickly. You can also stuff cotton in your nostrils while doing it.
- blow your nose in order to clear the clots in the nose as they can prolong bleeding.
When does a nosebleed get serious?
- when the measures to stop the bleeding don't work. You are at risk to lose blood if you don't get medical help.
- if you have regular nosebleeds then consult your doctor immediately as it could be a symptom of an underlying health condition.
- a nosebleed can also become serious if you are having medicines that thin blood as it could make the nosebleed more severe.
- if you suffer from a blood clotting disorder.
- if the nosebleed is a caused by a trauma like a fall or an accident and you are having difficulty in stopping the bleeding, get immediate medical help.
Related Tip: Ways to Prevent and Stop Nose Bleeding