Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer malohtra
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer malohtraYour feedback matters!
Dr. Sir m addict to tobacco and smoke how I control on me sometimes I leave it whole day but the problem still m so addict.
I am 29 year old and experience tremors/severing in hand almost the entire day. Kindly let me know whats the reason. Is it due to less confidence? whats the treatement.
Hello Doctor! . Age: 19 years,height: 168 cms,weight: 51 kgs. I look very thin and weaker and my body size is 30-26-35 inches. My hands also look very thin. The size of my hand at muscle place is 20 cms. I am also suffering from nerve weakness, when I put my body to any angles that are uncommon then the nerve at that place gets tightened and I feel so much pain there. I think this nerve weakness is also due to lack of my fitness. So will you please suggest me any supplements or workout to gain weight and become fit. Thank you sir.
Hello, my mother is suffering from schizophrenia from last one year, she always cry n smile for no reason actly my nani also had n now last month she passed away. My mother got this from gene n now it has grown so much that it's unbearable for her. As diagnosed by one of the doctor in Bangalore he prescribed olimelt 10 mg she has been taking it for past few months but last month it got over n none of the pharmacy had so unwilling she had to stop taking it but yesterday by god grace we got it last night she slept well but today morning she cried for two times n continuous. I just want to know how many days it will take for medicine to come in section again n keep the things normal?
Hello doctors, I am 24 years old girl. I need help that mujhe bahut jaldi gussa ata hai mai kisi bhi baat pe gussa ho jati hun aur mere pass mai jo bhi log hote hai sbko mai ulta seedha bol deti hun bin react kiye aur baad realize hota hai ki maine galti ki hai. Meri is problem ka koi solution toh bataiye. Mai bahut pareshn hun kyunki meri yeh wajah se bahut log dur hote jarhe hai.
I had been taking lithium for my sleep disorder and generalised anxiety disorder. I feel relaxed and focused after that. My psychiatrist provided this lithium. I want to know is there any sideeffect?
Parents get very concerned when they are just not able to hold their child’s attention who is restless, hyperactive, anxious, highly energetic, and never attentive. For some, this could initially be an exciting phase but can be an indication of some serious underlying disorder too.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or hyperactive disorder or ADHD as it is commonly known is a group of symptoms including behavioural, mood, cognitive, and learning disabilities with a lot of aggression, irritability, excitability, forgetfulness, restlessness, reduced attention span, etc. in these children. Listed below are the common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
The impact is felt across all spheres of life including home, academics, school life, and in relationships with friends.
- Usually seen in children before the age of 7.
- With very short attention spans, the child constantly looks for something to do and be engaged.
- Very easy to get distracted even when engaged, the child is very restless.
- Sleep disorders.
- With constantly being on the toes, the child feels tired and lethargic.
- Difficulty prioritising and frequent procrastination.
- They forget things quite easily and would ask for help with coordinating movements.
- Rare, but some children can have learning disabilities like dyslexia, but their intelligence levels are not affected.
- Disorganisation, leading to poor motor coordination and impaired movements.
- Difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills may cause delay in engagement in sports.
- Diet changes with rise in processed foods and sugary diet.
- Social changes like nuclear families, single parents, lack of siblings, etc.
- Increased time spent with electronic devices.
Homoeopathy has an effective cure for ADHD as it looks at the child holistically and proposes remedies. Homeopathic constitutional treatment provides an effective solution for adhd. Some common remedies are listed below. A word of caution though never self-medicate using these. ADHD is a complex condition and should be assessed completely before initiating treatment.
- Tarentula Hispana: Most commonly used in treating idiosyncrasies. The child is hyperactive, compulsive, restless, constantly moving, and has difficult being in one place, can be violent and destructive. Strange, but they have a strong liking to music.
- Stramonium: When the child is fearful or aggressive or withdrawn (usually due to a traumatic event), they tend to seek attention and this is then used.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Used in children who present with manic or sexualised symptoms.
Homeopathy is used in ADHD where symptoms are across the spectrum - hyperactive to complete withdrawal, completely based on symptoms and psychotherapy plays an important role in treatment through behaviour modification techniques like CBT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.