Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer malohtraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from lot of gas problem. Every morning while waking up I get gas. Than after lunch till night. Whatever I eat I get burping, gas. I'm working in IT industry, due to this gas problem I unable to concentrate on work, its very discomfort. Please say what to do for this.
Sir I am suffering from numerating constantly but I am psychologically perfect but some times automatically turns towards n+ve thinking's and get depression and tension in the body and fear that some thing happen to me actually what happened to me pls and how to stop numerating constantly negative thinking's pls help to me.
Dr. When I do anything when I eat something I feel that someone mixed something wrong whenever I eat on any occasion, in house made food, I feel that someone mixed something in it and I think over and over in it and start feel that I will die if I eat this, sometime happens that when I eat before I feel that I will die now and suddenly my mind stop working and start negative thoughts and feel warm on left side of my head and feel I will fall and never wake up my heart beat very fast, also happens that when I going to sleep in the night thought that I will never wake up tomorrow again, I also tries very hard but its not possible me to get overcome from it as negative thoughts continues and after my head shakes feel dizzy faint feel now fell down now fell down, I always thoughts that my life is just for few days, and this makes nothing to think about my future career, I am an engineering student civil branch 3rd semester 2nd semester, Sir please help me I am in big trouble.
My 10 years old son lacks concentration in studies and remembers temporarily for exams. Please suggest how can I increase his concentration and help him show much interest in studies.
I am 23 years old, female, I think I am suffering from depression, I became so rude nowadays, I feel like I am not good enough for anyone or anything. Recently I had breakup 10 months ago that affected me so much. What should I do. I feel so helpless.
Stress is the new buzzword, affecting kindergarten children to people in their late years. This stress puts undue strain on the people to constantly do more, be it physically or emotionally or financially, which further aggravates the stress levels. Stress can be broadly classified as physical, mental, and emotional. Some of the common causes and side effects of stress are listed below.
- Leaves a person feeling isolated, frustrated, anxious, and depressed
- Leads to chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, etc.
- Reduces immunity and therefore the person becomes more susceptible to falling ill and contracting infections
- Reducing the ability of a person to perform to his full mental and emotional and physical potential
Ayurveda believes that balanced health is the result of an optimal balance between the three elements or tridoshas known as Vata, Kapha, and Pitta. Increase or decrease in each of these leads to different diseases, and stress also disrupts this balance leading to ill-health. A comprehensive approach is therefore required to beat the stress.
- Mind the mind: The mind needs to be controlled and trained to regulate the thoughts and feelings. Stress is often more from a fear of what might happen than what has already happened. Training the mind to respond differently to fear is very important.
- Meditation: This is one of the most important ways to reduce stress. By improving the focus on oneself and introspecting within, meditation helps fight fears and control emotions so that the person is well equipped to handle stress. It also improves a person’s ability to respond to stress better. Pranayam, meditation, surynamaskar daily twice a day, is most useful for this condition.
- Break the routine: Routine mundane tasks lead to stressful situations. It is good to take a break once in a while to break this routine and get a break, which can act as a good stress-buster.
- Master your stressors: Gradually, as you become aware and introspect, you need to identify what is inducing the stress. As the saying goes, if you can change it, go ahead and change it. If you cannot, change yourself. There is no point fretting over something which is beyond your control. This is a great step in controlling stress and strain in lives.
- Foods: Physical stress is best handled by including sweets and juices, cooling spices, bitter foods, astringent foods through the day. Ending the day with a warm bath and a glass of warm milk helps. Mental stress is better controlled with salty and sour foods and milk and dairy products. A good massage and adequate sleep also are very helpful.
- Massages: Another great way to reduce stress by relieving muscle tension and the herbs and oils used also add further benefits.
I am very depressed and filled with anxiety and frustration which is being worsened day by day. Living each day is becoming difficult for me.
I am 18 years old. I am a college student and I stay in hostel. I cannot concentrate on my studies at all. I daydream a lot especially on the days before exams. Most of my dreams are about one particular fantasy. I find it difficult to wake up in the morning due to excessive dreaming. I am one of the toppers in my class. So I think it adds extra pressure to perform well in tests. But in today' s test I wrote nothing correctly(i will get 0 out of 30). What should I do to focus on the exams which are yet to come. I have 4 exams next week too. Is it due to exam stress or anything else? please give suggestions.
I am diagnosed with OCD. My treatment is on the final phase where m feeding on FLUVOXIN CR 100 twice a day (morning & night). But the symptoms are not fully treated. I mean I still have OCD traits that trouble me often. Plus my mental IQ has been lowered significantly during the treatment. I forget many things so often and my memory has gone worst. I want back my earlier intelligence. Atleast I was happy with it. Rather than being dumb sort of a guy. M really worried. please help.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.