Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer GuptaYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My son is 2 month 3 weeks old and he is having loose motions since last seven days, what should I do to stop it?
I am mom of 5 months baby boy. I heard there is vaccination and syrup for baby brain development. Is there is any thing like that .please give info about this. Thank you.
My baby is 52 days old. I am feeding breast milk exclusively Birth weight 3.1 lowest birth weight 2.9 present birth weight 4.2 Pee count exceed 8-10 times in 24 hrs. Poops at times three times a day and at times once in two days. I still have a feeling that my milk supply is low. Pl guide.
My baby is 7 months and his eye is becoming red no idea what happened black portion seems bit whitish from one end Kindly suggest cure Weeping as well no having least diet.
Hi doctor my son is going to complete 10 months on 7th. He Rolls every where in house he doesn't crawl even not sitting on his own if I make him to sit he'll sit for only few minutes stand if I hold him he is a iugr baby birth weight is 2.2 now his weight is 8 kg.
My baby is 3 months old and he drinks a better quantity of milk but she also spit a.lot like some times curd. And sometimes very instantly after feeding why this happens so. Why. She do like this is there any solution. Pls answer.
Hi my baby is 5 months old. Since her birth I have been using Vaidyaratnam ksheerabala Thailam for her massage and she has no problem so far. But due to winter now, her skin has become too dry and red rough skin specially face skin. I don't want to use any lotion as she keep on putting her hands in her mouth. Please suggest something safe and good for my baby's dry skin. Also please advice if I can use roghan badam shirin oil on her face / body to keep her skin moisturised.
For parents who are not able to accept their child's disability or disorder and feel ashamed to have such a child:
If your'normal' child is not able to become an engineer or doctor or anything you expect/desire, despite having good education and all facilities in materialistic terms, would you call that'normal' child disabled?
In one way, it should be called disability. Because the child has no ability to become what is expected of him or her. Or may be the child has lost that ability because of various psychological reasons (lack of interest, poor focus in studies, low motivation etc.). But you won't feel much ashamed of that child, probably because you think the child is'normal' and can fulfill at least one or more other expectations. But you will easily accept the" limitations" of that child.
- For your'normal' child, disability is a limitation, but for the'abnormal' child, there is only disability. Why disability can't be just called limitation? we all have certain limitations. All'normal' people have limitations. Are we all disabled? I dont have the ability to fly. Am I disabled? or do I just lack a component in my biology which limits my ability to fly. Probably yes. I have a serious limitation that does not allow me to fly. But I never wanted to fly. Your'disabled' child, probably never wanted to become'normal. That child may have some serious limitation which limits the ability to walk or think or relate to others. Can't you identify any such serious limitation in your'normal' child? and what about you? can you identify any serious limitation within yourself?
- If all of us begin to talk about and consider our limitations, then all of us would be proved disabled. Even you too. So who is a disabled child? one with limitations or one with a disorder? I believe both, or may be no one. Both children - with disorder and without disorder - have biological limitations, both have psychological limitations, and both are in fictitious sense, disabled.
- But its better to look at both of them having their own limitations. Because terms like'disability'abnormality' makes you feel you are superior, and hence, you select the one among both who is superior like you. But fact is, you are also disabled in the sense I described above. So you are no more superior. Either we all are disabled / abnormal, or we all have limitations.
- Disability makes one feel sick, that requires a cure and cures kill something within, which is not our, which is not needed, which is not'accepted, which has to die, so that one feels like being born again. But what if disability doesn't have any cure? so it's not a good choice to remain feeling sick and unwanted. It yields feelings of inferiority.
- On the other hand, limitation gives hope of winning, achieveing, and overcoming something hidden or unknown; which already lies within but has to be moulded in a desirable manner, so that one feels accepted and significant. It's a growth. A growth which is possible and takes one to a level of higher potential. There is another form of rebirth in this growth, which gives feeling of acceptance and love, and not superiority.