Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Salida Haneef
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Salida HaneefYour feedback matters!
Sir kuch takat ki cheez bata dijiye jo meri weaknesses kam kar jab ki main bata chuki hu I am a pregnant.
Garlic is just magnificent and phenomenal. I am providing few of the basics known and reliable home remedies for some specific ailments, which you could try at your home .
If you have cold and flu, then take small amount of garlic every day until the infection disappears. Garlic tends to reduce the frequency of colds and flu without any side effects. A suggested dose would be two or three cloves of raw or cooked garlic a day.
We all face horrid acne, blemishes, blackheads during our teens. If you want to reduce it, or if you just want to glow up your skin, then take two cloves of raw garlic regularly with warm water early in the morning. It works as a blood cleanser and clean your system internally. Do not eat chocolates, spicy or oily food during this treatment and rinse your face five times a day with cold water. Drinks lots of water daily to flush off toxic waste from the blood and urinate whenever you feel that your bladder is full. Else, apply a cut clove gently on the affected area only if you have no sensitivity to it.
If you have High Cholesterol Level, use garlic in your food. This is the better way for heart patients to reduce their cholesterol level. Modern medical science suggests one reason that garlic might reduce cholesterol , i.E. "Garlic is a proven anti-oxidant. This property might help to prevent LDL (Low Density Lipo Protein) from being oxidized. In this way the cholesterol build-up that clogs the arteries could perhaps be reduced by garlic.
If you are very fat and want to loose weight, squeeze half lemon juice in one glass of luke warm water and drink it with two cloves of raw garlic regularly twice a day (morning and evening), for about three months. Avoid using starchy foods and fats. Do exercise regularly. You'll amazingly fell a great change in your body.
If you have Wrinkles, and you want to use anti ageing cream, it would be better to use 3 cloves of garlic regularly as it has a powerful antioxidant effect, which help to protect the body against damaging "Free Radicals. Remember, out skin is made up of collagen and it looses elasticity on yearly basis. Therefore, use garlic and do exercise regularly for the positive results.
If you have Earache, put two or three drops of warm garlic oil in the ears.
Take garlic to boosts the weight of babies in the womb. Thus, when they are born, they are heavier than they would have been if you hadn't taken garlic. Some babies are born too small, so garlic is a definite boon in these cases too.
Use two raw garlic daily to reduce the risk of cancer, due to its Anti-Carcinogenic properties. It helps prevent cancerous compounds from forming and developing into tumors. It also inhibits the growth of tumors.
If any insect bites you at the seaside, you just crush the garlic and apply it to the affected area to reduce pain and to remove poison.
Importance of fasting in navaratri.
- India is a country with a rich historical and cultural background of festivals and celebration. Like other festivals of india, navaratri also has a significance and meaning attached to it.
- The nine day sadhana of navaratri is not simply an age-old practice of worshipping the cosmic nature but also the rituals, practices and celebrations associated with it has the disciplines of health wisely interwoven into it.
- Every year the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn are two very important junctions of climatic and solar influence as the whole of creation goes through a kind of transformation with each changing season.
- These are called ritu sandhis meaning seasonal junctions (transition from extreme seasons of summer and winter to more moderate seasons like spring and autumn). Due to the changes in the nature, the bodies and minds of people undergo a considerable change. These two periods or junctions are taken as opportunities for detoxification of body, mind and soul which in turn helps to maintain our physical and mental balance.
- The beginning of autumn is celebrated as the festival of navaratri, the nine day period which commences on the first day of the bright fortnight of the lunar month of ashwina.
- " nava-ratri" literally means" nine nights"
- The navaratri festival is observed by cleansing one's self of all the impurities to experience the divinity within. This observance is called upavaas, which literally means ‘residing close to oneself’.
- Fasting is one of the techniques which is part of upavaas.
- Navaratri is the time when people fast for cleansing, detoxifying and getting their bodies rested. Fasts are a means of internal cleansing, physically and spiritually. The basic cause of many diseases is the accumulation of toxic materials in the digestive system. When one fasts, the load on the digestive system reduces and meanwhile the body is able to carry out the cleansing needed in the system. It supports in adapting to the bodily changes during ritu sandhi.
- Fasting also helps to build up self-control and discipline and bring more awareness control over senses which ultimately elevate the state of consciousness.
- The world is a manifestation of three gunas (qualities) namely satva, rajas and tamas. These three qualities exist in varying levels within one's mind.
- -satva is the quality comprising of clarity, purity and peace of mind which makes one dynamic, creative and harmonious.
- -rajas is activity or movement which in excess results in pleasure seeking activities, anger, arrogance and destructiveness.
- -tamas is inertia which in excess leads one to dullness lethargy.
- We contain all of these gunas in varying degrees and they are in constant interplay with each other. Excessive rajas and tamas has a disturbing influence upon the mind and does not allow one to go deep within oneself.
- So during navaratri, the aim is to reduce these disturbing influences and increase satva, allowing the satvik qualities to prevail leading to the highest condition of the mind.
- On the first three days of navaratri, tamo guna prevails, then during the next three days, rajo guna prevails and during the last three days, satva guna prevails.
- Diet lifestyle has a deep influence on the state of one's mind and can therefore manipulate the levels of satva, rajas and tamas in one’s being.
- Fasting in a disciplined way brings harmony between satva, rajas and tamas.
How to fast during navaratri:
- On the first three days, we can follow a fruit fast:
- Sweet fruits like: apple, banana, chikku, papaya, watermelon, sweet grapes and juices like amla juice, lauki juice and tender coconut water can be had.
- On the next three days, we can have a one time meal of the traditional navaratri diet, during the rest of the day, we could have fruit juices, buttermilk milk.
- During the last three days, we could follow a traditional navaratri diet.
- Caution: the above diet is for a healthy person. If you have any health concerns, you could fast with minor changes in the prescribed diet, with the guidance of your vaidya.
- Traditional navaratri diet:
- The diets followed during navaratri are pitta pacifying as during this season there is a possibility of pitta being increased in the body.
- Grains are avoided for the first few days.
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
- Kuttu (buckwheat) roti and fasting rice (shamak rice).
- Dosa from the shamak rice,
- Dishes made of sago (sabudana), singhara atta (water chestnut flour), rajgira, potatoes, yam (suran), colocacia (arbi) sweet potatoes (shakarkand), kachalu etc.
- Use ghee, milk and buttermilk. All these are cooling and pacifies pitta (raita of bottle gourd (lauki), raita of pumpkin (kaddu).
- Drink lot of fluids like tender coconut water, juices, vegetable soups, etc. Besides providing energy, they also maintain the fluid levels and cleanse the toxins in your body.
- Fruit chat made with papaya, pear (nashpati), apple.
- Use sandhav namak (rock salt) instead of common salt, for cooking.
- Avoid fried foods (replace fried potato with boiled potato).
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling.
- Delicacies like sabudan vada, sprouted gram sundals, kuttu pakoda, singhara burfee and kheer can be had from the 8th day onwards.
- Be strictly vegetarian.
- Avoid onion and garlic.
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.
Am 29 weeks pregnant. My placenta position is anterior grade 2.may I expect normal delivery or c-section? Please tail me ans.
There was a cut when i had sex with my virgin gf bfore 3 years, after 3 months i got treated by homeopathy medicine. Now I feel very weak and loss of weight ,low burning urination, more skin sensation, joint pain, lower back pain and thick sperm and often get a few tiny bubbles in my sperm. What happened to me and what should i do now?
Hello. Actually I and my girlfriend had sex (protected) in September. And she got her periods in october. But in this month (November) her periods haven't come yet. Its been 5 days past than normal date. Is anything serious? Please suggest me what to do.
My hcg is <1.2 tested on 5th day of missed period. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. Or does this hcg level increases.
Your body shape reveals more about you than merely the outer appearances. In fact, it is a reflection of your inner health and as well as your future health. Here are some of the things that your body shape reveals about your overall health and the diseases that you need to look out for.
1. Triangle: the pear shaped body or the triangle body usually has more fat on hips, thighs and the butt. They are at lower risk of heart diseases, since the weight is less concentrated on the waist. But, they can develop lower back problems and may have an increased tendency to develop knee issues as most of the weight is carried on hips and thighs.
2. Circle: circle shape is basically for those who carry a lot of fat around their waists. Men and women are equally likely to be affected. Those with a waist size larger than 34 inches in female and 36 inches in male are considered circle shaped. They are at a higher risk of uterine problems, kidney issues and pancreatic-colon cancers.
3. Rectangle: men and women who tend to carry weight distributed all around their bodies have a rectangular body shape. While this is a desirable shape for men, for women it may lead to a flatter looking body. This body shape is healthier than the others, but you may experience osteoarthritis and joint pain if you have higher body fat.
4. Apple: women who carry extra fat on the upper body, i. E. Arms and chest, upper stomach as well have apple shaped bodies. If their body fat is appropriate, they tend to be healthy, but being apple shaped can put you at risk for a number of conditions, including heart problems, blood pressure problems and diabetes.
But remember, irrespective of your body type, make sure that you exercise regularly, have well-balanced diet and stay happy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
My wife 11 weeks Pregnant. She does not take fruits and milks. Please suggest me diet it means Fruits and Food items. I am confusing, If not taking meals and fruits will there be any problem in baby growing in this moment?
Hi friends. My name is Dr. Amrapali Dixit and I am practicing gynaecologist in the area of Manisar, Gurgaon. Today we will be talking about a cancer that is cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is the cancer of mouth of cervices which we scientifically name as cervices. Why are we talking about this cancer? For two very important reasons. 1, it is the most common cancer in Indian females and 2nd because it is easily preventable by a very very simple test. So from the condition of a pre-cancer stage to a cancer stage in cases of cervical cancer is a long one. It might take even 10 or 15, 20 years from a pre-cancerous stage to actual cancer to develop and this is the time that we can intervene and relive you of the symptoms and any chances of having cancer. What causes this cervical cancer? In almost 99% of cases the association has been seen with a virus which is known as HPV or the human papillomavirus and the infection with this HPV is so common that by midlife, by the age of 40-45 years almost 80% of us females are infected by this virus. But that does not mean all of us are going to have cervical cancer. 80% of this infection gets resolved on its own within 2years of infection. It’s only a very small percentage of women in which this HPV persists. In this, we call it as a persistent HPV infection. And these are the women who are at a little higher risk of contriving this cervical cancer and there are two particular strains of HPV virus, which are known to be high risk more associated with the cervical cancer these are the strains, HPV 16 and HPV 18. So once the persistent infection is there in the body. It might cause certain changes in the cells of your cervics altimately leading to cervical cancer. The symptoms of precancerous stage and early cancerous are very very nonspecific. It might present as irregular bleeding, bleeding after intercourse bleeding in cases of post pinopausl females who already had sensation of there menses, pain during intercourse, thick, white, yellow or even fouth smelling discharge or nonspecific pelvic pain. How do we diagnose the cancer? Well, by the time actual symptoms start troubling you the cancer are usually in advance stage. So the problem here is that we need to diagnose it in early cancerous or pre-cancerous stages and for this we have a very very simple test called the pap smear test. What is the Pap smear test? It’s a very simple test which can be done by the gynecologist in your routine visit to a gynecologist. We just take a small sample of your discharge which is coming out from the cervices and then we subject it to microscopic studies, and that tell us whether your cell are having any changes which are suggestive of pre-cancerous or early cancerous stage. Along with that we can also test the same discharge for the presence of HPV infection and based on that your treatment can be done. Just the infection can be treated by antibiotics. If you have any early cancerous or pre-cancerous changes there are other treatments like, the cervices can be excised or we can have curio and various methods are available and also, these days we do have vaccines coming against HPV. So if we can prevent our girls from HPV infection right in the adolcence, well we are protecting them potentially, life threatening disease which is a cancer. So girls and ladies and even the once who have had menopause always be attentive to how and what your body is trying to tell you. Look out for these symptoms and if you have any doubt do visit your gynecologist for a routine Pap smears test. And to know more about this disease and how we can fight with it, you can contact me through Lybrate or visit my clinic which is at sector 1 Manisar by the name of Yashloog medical centre.