Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sakshi Mehra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sakshi MehraYour feedback matters!
Pls Tell Me how to treat Brown spots on teeth. Some of the spots are extreme brown. I regularly brush my teeth, avoid caffeine products, don't smoke. I'm assuming that it is fluorosis. Is there any good treatment for that?
When i wake up in the morning my teeth bad smells come and some time bleeding gums problem also.Please tell me something ?
I faced with several injury on a upper limp of mouth! My skin bulged? Do you have any remedy for my problem?
I am 25 years old female, I want to reduce length of my front teeth. Please let me know procedure, time period, how much its costs average. Please suggest me, actually I am going to marry soon.
My sister age is: 21 she has had ulcer, mouth ulcer, irregular periods ,mouth smell .what are the treatments ,what are the balanced diet please tell us oru treatment.
She is pregnant now its 7th month 1st week She got Gum infection past three day of both side end of the teeth gum. I guess that may be a cause of wisdom teeth but I not yet seen. The skin of that place not like normal skin the colour is changed on that point of gum. Still not consulted doctor or dentist just goggling with salt water we for from regular gynecology do please suggest me. Whatever weight is mentioned is on day weight on antenatal card.
Root canal therapy (RCT) followed by a crown is the most common mode of treatment for severely decayed teeth. However, this is not devoid of failure. In another case, if a tooth could not be salvaged by RCT, then extraction followed by a bridge (replacing the removed tooth with support from adjacent healthy teeth) became the next best option.
In both cases, especially latter, healthy teeth are being manipulated to support the tooth being replaced. The next quest was to work without touching the sound tooth. So, instead of taking support from adjacent teeth, thought was given to provide support from within the bone very similar to how a natural tooth stands. The lost root is replaced by a compatible metal, on which a tooth crown is then built. This was the beginning of dental implants, which has gained significant popularity over the last two to three decades.
1. Does not affect adjacent healthy teeth
2. Functionally better, as it has stronger support from the bone
3. More aesthetically appealing
4. Maintain facial bone and soft tissue structure
5. Better for the gum health compared to bridges
6. Easier oral hygiene practices
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant. The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed.
Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Regular brushing and flossing, rinsing and mouthwashing assume a greater significance in patients with implants. Also, regular visits to the dentist are a must.
Dental implants are a boon for missing teeth, with the various advantages. However, it is not for all, with excellent bone health being one of the prerequisites. A thorough dental examination will help determine if you are a right candidate. Visit your dentist to find out more.
I'm telling very pain full my teeth too much paining since 2 days my teeth are looking yellow one teeth was crack its soo irritating I can't handle this pain please give me one solution help me urgent.
Implants should be fitted within one year of losing a tooth since the jaw bone surrounding a tooth starts to shrink in size and gradually becomes so small that it fails to support an implant.
Dental implants are generally identified as substitutes for tooth roots. Besides, replacing damaged or decayed teeth, implants also provide a strong foundation for both permanent as well as removable replacement teeth.
- To protect your jawbone: Not filling up empty spaces in your mouth can severely affect your jawbone. It begins to lose its firmness and strength as a consequence of no longer being able to support a natural tooth. Dental implants help in stimulating bone growth while preventing bone loss.
- To eat properly: Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth.
- They do not move or shift but remain in place: Dental implants resemble your own natural teeth as they fuse with the bone permanently. Moreover, being fixed in one place due to the fusion, you can expect the replacement teeth to not move or shift.
- To keep your face from sagging: Missing teeth can cause your face to sink and sag, giving you a very sad and aged appearance. Dental implants provide you with the chance to retain the natural shape of not only your face but your smile too.
- To gain healthy and natural looking teeth without affecting surrounding teeth: Nearby, teeth are not altered to support the implant, so your natural teeth remain intact. They help in preventing healthy teeth nearby from shifting, which is very common if there's an empty space next to a healthy tooth for a long period of time. The procedure sees a replacement tooth being positioned in place of the lost tooth so that it not only looks but feels like a natural tooth.