Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sakshi Mehra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sakshi MehraYour feedback matters!
My four teeth has grown outwards which gives bad look to my face. I am 20 years old .Can I get it into shape. If yes, how much Will it cost to me?
Hello there are missing teeth in d left side lower jaw. It has been nearly three years since they are removed. The dentists whom we consulted gave us two options, a bridge using the last wisdom tooth and second premolar teeth. He said its a long bridge n said that the bone under d gum may go down as she ages which ultimately leads to damage of the supporting tooth. He even said that he is going to do root canal before giving the bridge. Also suggested implant bridge. Asked us to prefer implants. Now can anyone pl tell me which is the best option and is there any problem if she goes for normal tooth supported bridge without root canal treatment of the healthy teeth? And will there be a sensitivity after they fix the bridge? After few years? The doctor said in both the cases (implant bridge n normal tooth bridge) food gets stuck and leads to infection? Is that true? thank you.
Got my rct done for one tooth 3months back. Also have a broken tooth next to the tooth with rct. Still pains and have got the filing broken. A doc advised me to see only an orthodontist and implantodist. They will be able to do it in a better way. Kindly advise. With someone who can see this.
Hello Dr. I am having gum deficiency. My teeth are very sensitive now. Please advice me what to do. I am brushing twice a day and some medical store ask me to use vintage tooth paste from Dr. Reddy. I am using mouthwash from listerine.
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.