Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sakshi MalhotraYour feedback matters!
After periods of 3 days I have regular 7 days of white discharge coming. It's my monthly process. So I want to know if its normal then which date I can conceive.
Corns and calluses refer to the hardening of the skin to form a layer over an area where constant pressure and abrasion is experienced. This thickening of the skin is known as a corn or callus. One will usually experience pain and tenderness in the area where this thickening happens. While corns are thick and tender coatings, a callus is usually the flattened thick area on the skin (know more to make the skin healthy and glowing). As far as shape goes, corns are conical and sharpened while calluses are flat. They are most typically found on the hands and feet. There are various ways of treating this condition. Let us find out more.
What causes corns and calluses?
To understand how to treat these corns and calluses, it is important to first of all understand what causes the same. These corns and calluses are usually formed as a natural defence as the body tries to strengthen the skin when it meets too much friction or pressure. This condition may occur when the toes are pressed together constantly with an abnormal elevation. This can also happen when there is prolonged use of high heels as well as sports training footwear. Bone deformities in the toes and fingers can also be one of the causes of this condition. In many cases, the gait and movement of the patient can cause corns and calluses. Also, when a person plays musical instruments that require constant strumming like a guitar or other instruments, it may result in formation of corns and calluses in the fingers.
- Medical Intervention for Complications: If a patient is suffering from conditions like diabetes (know more about Diabetes) or peripheral arterial disease, it may lead to poor circulation and delicate skin. This can cause the development and growth of corns and calluses. It is important to see your doctor in such cases so that such symptoms may be treated at the onset before they become too painful and end up spreading.
- Medication: A patient will have to ingest salicylic acid based medicines and even resort to the use of sulphur in order to cure these corns and calluses. One must ensure that a skin specialist or dermatologist prescribes the medicines so that one can apply and administer as per the correct dosage.
- Home Remedies: Personal hygiene is one of the primary factors that can help in treating and curing this condition. Keeping the affected area clean can increase the chances of the growth to clear up soon. Also, one may have to avoid wearing high heels and constricting footwear for a while until the corns and calluses clear up or fall off. This will also ensure that there is less friction between the feet and the footwear for better recovery chances.
She has pain in her gums since last week, she take healthy diet regularly. What should be done to improve her condition?
My daughter is suffering from migraine pain for last 2 to 3 years. If it is curable please advice medicine.
I am 30 years old Aj main apni body ka routine checkup kawa rha tha jab blood le rhe the to mere ek hand se kuch blood niklne ka baad nikla nhi phir dusre hand se nikala ap bata sakte hain ye koi problem thi ya aisa ho jata h.
I have got many acnes, white heads an open pores on my chins besides that I do not have moustache/beard which many of my colleagues have developed quite earlier. Please help.
I am recently loosing my weight doctor. Please give me ang suggestion. What can I do? I feel very tension for this.
I am suffering from PE whenever I try to insert I ejaculates with in seconds. It happens during foreplay also. Can't maintain hard erection for long time. please advise.
Iam a cricket player I needed fitness bit I don't know what type of diet to take fr fitness and my height is of 5.11 and weight of 80kg.
I have pain in my sciatica nerves I am on medicine even I have consulted physiotherapist. One say to do hot water pack massage and one says ice pack. Which should I go for?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that involves the removal of small bulges of fat from the body, which diet and exercise fail to reduce. This type of surgery is most commonly performed on the hips, thighs, abdomen, buttocks and arms. Since it is an inch loss procedure (and exactly the one that is used for weight loss), it is not recommended for morbid obesity.
Before opting for this procedure, you need to keep in mind these vital points:
1. The types of liposuction
There are two types of liposuction, and your doctor will help you decide which is more appropriate of the two for your condition.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction:This form of liposuction makes use of ultrasonic energy to liquefy the fat, which is then removed from your body.
- Tumescent liposuction: In this technique, a solution made up of saline, anaesthesia and epinephrine (a drug that helps in the contraction of your blood vessels) is first injected into the fatty area of your body before the fat is removed. This solution makes the removal of fat an easier process, helping to reduce blood loss as well as easing pain during surgery.
2. The process of liposuction
Depending on the type of liposuction you opt for, you may be allowed to go home on the same day when the surgery takes place. But if large amounts of fat are required to be removed, you may have to stay overnight.
At the very start of the operation, you’ll be injected with either local or general anaesthesia, again that being dependent on the amount of fat to be removed.
After this, the surgeon will make a small incision on the area to be operated, and will insert a suction device that will remove the extra fat from the body (by making use of a large syringe or a suction pump). The duration of the operation is dependent on how much fat is going to be removed.