Lybrate.com has top trusted Speech Therapists from across India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. Sajiv AdlakhaYour feedback matters!
Hi. My daughter is suffering from stammering. She has stammering in few letters. Kindly help her to recover from this problem.
My son has some symptoms of adhd what kind of activities can you suggest to change his behavior he s hyperactive how can reduce his hyperactivity. He s 2 years 11 months. He doesn't speaks but speak few words. He has no hearing problem. Suggest me some tips to make him. Thanks in advance.
I want to know about stammering. But every speech therapists reject my question now tell me what shall I do.
I do stammer nd my voice is not clear like others nd sometimes I found difficulty with some particular words .I hv inferiority. Complex of this prblm but I talk very confidently to everyone .does this prblm has permanent solution? Or I will suffer from this throughout my life.
I am 21 years old and I have stammering problem sometime and while speeching some particular words like starting from- T, P etc, this starts after age of 15 when my head accidentally hit by a stone, what I do?
Hello guys I'm facing little stammering issue and no fluency in speech, and it's sometime hard to initiate speech, and always slipping my words pls help.
I am balesh 24 years old .i have a talking problem that means I have taken so much time to speak some words. Its not came with my birth. I have problem this from my 5th class. Please give me suggestion that to which doctor I need to consult to solve my problem.
I have 7 months baby. He fell off from bed 2 days ago and he is making sound which is like while going bathroom difficulty to go to motion that sound he is making for a long time. What is the reason for that? I am using sms drops and cyclopam drops for that. What is the reason for that sounding and how to overcome this problem?
Hello sir/mam I 21 year old male I have problem of stammering from 6 months I stammer mostly on some words aa and ra .and it is happen mostly when I talk on phone .and when someone ask anything face to face. And I feel difficulty to make concentration when some one talk about anything in long and forget early of things and some weightless on mind. Pls give me tips and guide medicine should I take memory booster. Pls help me.
I am 20 years older I have an a speech problem (hesitation) so please give me a best advise how can I clear my problem.
I am 20 old male. I have puberphonia, have very rough voice. So I want to undergo with voice therapy, so can please tell me approx cost for this treatment. Please. Thank you.
My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blood sugar 180 pp mg /dl. And now also facing problem with speak.
I am a Marketing professional. Most of the time I am very calm and normal. When I see some wrong things I becoming violent and once I become angry I loose my control and speak whatever it comes and do whatever it may be and this status will be last not more than 10 minutes. Kindly suggest some treatments and some medicines for it.
What should be done to clear the speech if one has suffered a stroke and is still trying to recover after 14 months?
My son is 3.2 years old, he has lisping in his words, is it terminate itself as he grows or something has to be done from our side I e to look after the doctor in the same, please advice.
Overcame Stammering problem please Advise? I am 20 Years Oldd. Problem As 1 Year Old To Continues, please Answer in Telugu Translation plzzz advice.
Hello My voice is little harsh I want to have smooth voice for singing so could you please suggest me some medicine to make my voice smooth so that I can sing better.
I always feel fear when I go to public place. I have been living alone since childhood. I feel dizziness and can't stand at public place for 2 minutes. L feel fear that I will die. please help me. Even I get hesitation in speaking. You will always find tears in my eyes.Please tell.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.