Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sai Kiran Chaudhary
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sai Kiran ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
I keep getting these tonsil stones often. Its always the same spot same size. How I prevent these? I don't even eat any cold foods. Please help.
My family member got tb. How should I take care of child at home? ( there is 4 months old small baby)
I have cold and cough last 15 days. medicine used but response is slow. what happened? Please help me.
I am suffering from frequent dry cough, I have tried home remedies and also have taken cough syrup but it's not working, advise me what to do?
I am suffering from severe cold and cough till 10 days .I am suffering from pain in nostrils while breathing air. Give me any suggestion to take relief from this.
Asthma is a chronic lung disease that causes inflammation and narrows the airways in the lungs. The problem of Asthma is often hereditary but there are cases where asthma develops due to certain environmental factors. In such a condition, the airways become swollen and the muscles around the airways tighten making it difficult to breathe. Sometimes it is called bronchial asthma or reactive airway disease. Asthma symptoms are experienced when the airways tighten, inflame or fill with mucus. Some of the common symptoms include:
- Coughing at night or early in the morning
- Shortness of breath
- Chest Tightness, pain or pressure
- A whistling sound in your chest when you breathe called wheezing
Severe asthma attacks can be life-threatening, therefore one needs to be very careful and take all the necessary precautions in order to avoid any kind of triggers. Asthma attacks occur only when something irritates your lungs.
There are two types of asthma
- Allergic asthma: Allergic asthma develops due to the continued exposure to an allergen.
- Non-Allergic Asthma: It usually caused by stress, exercise, irritants in the air or due to some illnesses like cold or flu.
Some of the triggers are:
- Extreme weather conditions such as extremely cold or extremely dry, wet or windy weather
- Strenuous exercise
- Irritants in the air such as smoke and strong odors.
- Indoor allergens such as dust
- Outdoor allergens such as pollens from grass, trees and weeds.
- If you are suffering from asthma, you should be aware of all the asthma triggers and avoid them at all costs. It can be very serious if asthma is misdiagnosed or left untreated. A person with asthma can lead a happy and productive life by taking proper treatment at the right time getting himself properly diagnosed by an allergist. Your allergist will give you a treatment plan.
- Once your asthma has been controlled, the patient can return to regular life immediately and no hospital stay or visit is required.
- The doctors usually use a combination of medication and breathing exercise to treat the problem of asthma effectually. It is, however, important to remember that asthma changes with time, which makes it essential to be in touch with your doctor to adjust treatment as needed. When properly managed with a good treatment plan and guidance of your doctor, you can live a perfectly normal life and do things that you enjoy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!