Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sagrika SarkarYour feedback matters!
One of my Friend has married in 2009.But she doesn't able to carry a child.After meet with many gynecologist,after testing her eggs are not formed.Please tell me what she do?
I am hvng pcod Pcod profile test DHEAS-393.6 S.prolactin-35.57 Taking cabgolin 0.25 mg But after that frm mrng m not feeling well Headache, vomit in the mrng havness etc.
I am Dr Mohan Raut. I am practising Gynaecology from last 27 years and partner of ICPRM, India's first Immunotherapy centre for patients of treatments with repeated miscarriages or IVF failure or Implantation failure.
Today I am going to talk on an interesting topic, Pregnancy as Nature's miracle and how Immunology plays an important role in pregnancy maintenance?
Our body has a defence mechanism for Immunology system which protects us from various diseases. So anything which is foreign to our body is not acceptable to our body and our body builds up and immunological response against that. This is how the bacteria viruses which are prone to enter our body are prevented by our immunological system. Even in case of transplant is done, suppose kidney transplant, our body will not accept any kidney. It has to be matched with our body, tissue match is important. In a transplant, the kidney is donated by blood relation which can be easily acceptable.
Now in pregnancy lets see what happens. In pregnancy, 50% is from the mother and 50% is from the father. Now the part which comes from father's body is a foreigner to mother's body. So practically, there should be a rejection of pregnancy, but it doesn't happen. Because normally, there are immunological mechanisms within mother's body which protect the pregnancy in the uterus. Now in some unfortunate women, these mechanisms don't react normally or they are abnormal and because of which mother's immunological system considers the pregnancy as foreign and builds up an immunological response against the pregnancy. This stops the growth of pregnancy and leads to miscarriage. Now depending upon on what stage this response becomes maximum, we can get maximum presentations;
- Like when the response is late, then there will be a pregnancy, then the growth will stop and leads to miscarriage.
- If it an early stage possible, then there will be only a pregnancy test positive. Nothing will be seen in sonography and there will be a biochemical pregnancy.
- Or if happens very early, before missing the periods, then it leads to implantation failure and infertility.
So this is called as Alloimmune problem, responsible for miscarriages. This problem can be diagnosed with certain tests and can be treated with the treatment called immunotherapy.
In my next video, I will tell that how we can diagnose various immunological problems and other causes of repeated miscarriages.
For more information, you can contact me on www.lybrate.com.
I am 32 years old. I try my best to eat less of food but I m not able to reduce my weight. I have a bloated stomach. Sometimes I get irregular periods. My waist is 38.
How many of us have heard about Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) before Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister late J Jayalalithaa was put on it for recovery? Hardly a handful. Patients who are placed on the device have 50-50 chance of survival and while it could not help the late Chief Minister, her condition put a spotlight on ECMO.
What is ECMO?
ECMO is a life support device that is put in place when a patient’s heart and lungs stop functioning completely post a cardiac arrest. When the patient does not respond to Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), the patient is put on ECMO.
Function of ECMO
The core function of the device is to separate carbon dioxide from the blood and add oxygen into it. It takes the load off from heart and lungs, providing critical time to the body organs for its treatment and recovery.
Patients are only put on ECMO, if there is a chance that the condition can be reversed.
How does ECMO work?
The device drains blood from a vein, which is attached to an oxygenator machine. The machine then removes carbon dioxide from the blood and adds oxygen to it. Depending upon the condition of the patient, the warmed blood is either pumped into the body with the help of the machine or made to get back to the body through an artery.
How long can a patient be on ECMO?
- After seven days of being put on ECMO, there are chances of patient getting an infection.
- In case the patient contracts an infection, it is recommended to take the patient off ECMO support. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Hi, I am planning for pregnancy can you please give me some tips, and I'm confused when is my ovulation day Becoz last month I had got my periods on 17th June 2016 this time I got my periods on 27th July 2016 and I was having periods only 3 says 29th my bleeding stopped so how will I no when is my ovulation day how to calculate and what are the easy way to get pregnant.
Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and we are trying for second children, so we consulting maternity doctor in my nearest area. They gave some test, check and prescribed some tablets, now we are taking regularly. Last we went for normal check-up and doctor prescribed the Duphaston tablet for my wife. Please tell me the Duphaston role and any side effect and its compulsory to take. Please advise.
Some basic components for good sleep
1. Regular physical exercise (preferably not in evening's)
2. Minimise daytime napping
3. Avoid fluid intake or heavy meals just before going to bed
4. Avoid caffeine intake (tea, coffee, cola drinks) before sleeping hours.
5. Avoid regular use of alcohol (especially avoid alcohol as hypnotic for promoting sleep)
6. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
7. Sleep in dark, quiet and comfortable environment.
8. Regularize time for going to sleep and waking up.
9. Try relaxation exercise.
My wife's period missing since last 16 days. She checked pregnancy with kit at home three times 6, 10 & 15 days, all are negative. We are married 2012 and looking child. Till we have no baby. We checked with thee doctor and did all the test. They were normal. We conducted this test in May 2016. Please advise.
Wearing narrow shoes can cause bunions. A bunion is a bony growth on the inside of the first toe joint. It is seen in both men and women but more common in women ostensibly due to the habit of wearing narrow, and pointed and high heeled shoes and footwear.
I'm newly married. In our first night she felt very burning session in her uterus when I had inserted. so, please tell what to do.?
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.