Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sagarika Aggarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sagarika AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I am having pcod. But I am doing daily exercise walk for 40-45 minutes plus eating good food, try to avoid junk food rather eat healthy food. I am also taking homeopathic treatment for pcod. Shall I hope that the treatment plus lifestyle change will help me in getting hair regrowth and stop hair fall. I am having hair fall since last 7 months and have been diagnosed with pcod in last oct, with cysts on ovaries.
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too. Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps.
Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps to release endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note that the medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynecologist.
If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello All, I am 25 year, I got married 5 month before and would like to know about the precaution. We both are planning to take Precaution as we are not ready for child now. I want to know about DEPO PROVERA INJECTION. Is it good to take injection precaution method or I should go for any other option? Is there any side effect to use this precaution or we should go for regular pill?
I am 30 f and I have regular period. We are planning for baby from last 4 months. We consulted a doctor and she prescribed a tablet duphaston. Aftet taking that medicine I had my periods 5 days early. Normally my cycle was of 32 days. But in may it came on 10th. This month in june it didn't come yet. And I have left thighs and waist cramping. I took home test on 12th noon it came negative. I wonder whether I have conceived.
Doctor please help me in November 18 i had unprotected sex den 19 nov under 12 hours I take unwanted 72. Then after few days 30 nov I had urine test it's negative. Then 5 december I got my periods two days before my expected date but my blood flow is low. After my periods finished then 5 days later I had urine test it's negative. Still any chance of pregnancy please doctor help me. I am nervous.
Hi, me and my gf had unprotected sex but we did not have sexual intercourse we both are in the towels but after sometime my sperms through towel fall on her vagina. Is there any chances of pregnancy. She is late by 2 days by the date of periods .please help. Thanks in advance.
I am 33 years old, I had sex after 2 days of my periods end. My periods are regular with 27 days cycle and 3 days blood flow. But this month its 6 days over my expected date and m felling that periods may start with some pain in stomach. M I pregnant. I have no other symptom. Or its just a late period.
In ayurveda, charak samhita describes eight different types of bodies that are disease prone. Out of these, the obese body is described as the one afflicted with the most diseases and troubles. Obesity is the condition or physical state of the body when excessive deposition of fat takes place in the adipose tissue.
Extra fat puts a strain on the heart, kidneys, liver and the joints such as the hips, knees and ankles and thus, overweight people are susceptible to several diseases like coronary thrombosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, gout, liver and gall bladder disorders. Chief cause of obesity is overeating, irregular eating habits and not following the rules of eating or mixing non-compatible food items in one meal.
To decrease weight and get rid of obesity three things must be kept in mind:
1. Controlling eating habits.
2. Regular exercise.
3. Avoiding the causes of weight gain
Diet recommended to lose weight
Juice of half a lemon mixed in a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of honey.
Wheat or mung bean sprouts and a cup of skimmed milk.
A glass of orange, pineapple or carrot juice.
Salad of raw vegetables such as carrot, beet, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes. Steamed or boiled vegetables whole grain bread or whole wheat chapatis (indian bread) and a glass of buttermilk. Roasted cumin seeds, green coriander leaves, a little salt and some grated ginger mixed in the buttermilk.
Coconut water, dry fruits, lemon tea, fresh vegetable soup
Whole grain bread or chapatis, steamed vegetables, seasonal fruits except banana and apple.
Home remedies for losing weight
--increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.--avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.--milk products like cheese, butter etc. And non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat.--mint is very beneficial in losing weight. A chutney of green mint with some simple spices can be taken with meals. Mint tea also helps.--spices like dry ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. Are good for loosing weight and can be used in a number of ways.--regular intake of carrot juice.--avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.--vegetables like bitter gourd (karela), and bitter variety of drumstick are useful in loosing weight.--honey is an excellent home remedy for obesity. It mobilizes the extra deposited fat in the body allowing it to be utilized as energy for normal functions.
Dosage: one should start with small quantity of about 10 grams or a tablespoon, taken with hot water early in the morning. A teaspoonful of fresh lemon juice may also be added.--fasting on honey and lime- juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity without the loss of energy and appetite. For this, mix one teaspoon of fresh honey with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water.
Dosage: take several times a day at regular intervals.--raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.--exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. It helps to use up calories stored in body as fat. Walking is the best exercise to begin with and may be followed by running, swimming or rowing.
Disorders come in different forms and variety; in short they are like people who come in all shapes and sizes. If you have a sexual disorder it does not mean that something is wrong with you. It only conveys that certain issues can affect anyone at any point of time and maybe for a reason or no reason. While some sexual problems have been tracked with their diagnosis and treatment, there are many which are not yet understood well.
The best part of all this is that if you are affected with a sexual disorder something like erectile dysfunction then there is no need to worry as there is a wide range of treatment. The treatment can range from some specific form to psychotherapy. This can virtually help anyone with the sexual disorder despite the concern.
The only concern associated with sexual disorder is that how is it affecting the person. Is it causing distress in their lives or their behavior is changing and would they like to change their behavior or the problem.
Symptoms of Sexual Disorders:
- Dyspareunia: Constant and repetitive pain experienced during sexual intercourse in men and women
- Erectile Disorder (ED): Inability to maintain erection in men
- Exhibitionistic Disorder: Intense sexual urges and fantasies for over 6 months
- Female and Male Orgasmic Disorders: Repetitive and constant delay or absence of orgasm post sexual stimulation
- Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: Constant and repetitive inability of, or maintaining arousal until the sexual activity
- Fetishistic Disorder: Also known as Fetishism, this involves eroticization of nonliving objects or body parts for sexual gratification.
- Frotteuristic Disorder: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Low sexual desire in men
- Premature (Early) Ejaculation: Early ejaculation, much before the person wishes for
- Sexual Masochism and Sadism: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Vaginismus: Spasm of the muscles which cause hindrance in sexual activity
- Sex Addiction: It is not a recognized diagnostic category at this time.
Treatments of Sexual Disorders:
The most common sexual disorder, erectile dysfunction is readily treated with medication. The drugs prescribed for this are Cialis, Levitra, and Viagra. These medicines are only available if the doctor writes a prescription. They work by increasing the blood flow to the penis and in turn an easy erection in men when sexual stimulation is given. Viagra and Levita, both are effective in 30 minutes, but Levita works a little longer than Viagra.
The effect of both can last up to 4-5 hours. Cialis is believed to work faster that is within 15 minutes and lasts up to 36 hours.