Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sagar
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SagarYour feedback matters!
I have wheezing problem for more than 5 years. Even after consulting doctors from Homeopathy, Siddha, etc. And intaking medicines, after 2 to 3 months after stopping the medicines, this problem starts again. Please give me some most useful tips, food practices, etc. To get rid of it. Please.
Sir, I am biplab nahak. I am suffering with severe asthma. Please give me advice to recover from it.
Hello sir I done a hiv 1 and hi 2 test by ELISA METHOD It's negative. But I Have some problem of Sore throat.
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Limiting unhealthy food is very important in management of diabetes
It's simple: our portions are oversized. This leads to excess calories and extra pounds. Of particular concern, according to the 2010 dietary guidelines, are jumbo servings of foods with refined grains, solid fats, and added sugars -- think fried chips, fatty burgers, sugary drinks, pastries, and desserts
It's time to downsize extra-large servings of less-healthful foods and upsize servings of foods we're not eating enough of vegetables, fruits, dairy foods, and whole grains. Start by reducing your portions of less-healthful foods by 5 to 10 percent. You'll barely notice the trimming, but you'll immediately taper your intake of calories, carbohydrate, fat, and sodium. Over time, this portion slim-down will improve your weight, blood glucose, cholesterol, and blood pressure
Hi! My age is 20. I am an engineering student and so I always keep on watching video lectures or something like that for about 3-3.5 hours a day and sometimes I have severe headache and my forehead is just about to blast out and I also have pain in the areas near my eyes sometimes. So please suggest something good that reduces this sort of pain.
Lybrate | Dr. Naresh Marepally speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY