Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhna KalaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old. I have missed my period this month. My last period was on 16oct. After my last period I had sex with my lover. But his sperm didn't enter into my vagina. Still I am afraid. I haven't any symptoms of pregnancy, but I missed my period. Please help me to know that am I pregnant or not? If I am pregnant, then how can I prevent it simply? If i'm not pregnant, what can I do for my period? Please help me.
Hi, my wife had her period on 31 Mar 16, when will the fertile days occur to her? And as we plan for baby so how many times we intercourse in a day?
Water melon is a refreshing summer fruit which can ward off sweet cravings, rich in vitamin a a veritable tonic for skin. It reduces inflammation in the body and can help reduce water retention and muscle soreness. Cottage cheese is a healthy option that can improve satiety muscle gain and fat loss
The general wisdom for many years was that all fat should be avoided.
Trans fat, saturated fat, unsaturated fat just stay away from them all. But now scientists realize that fat and how our bodies process it is much more complex.
Our bodies need some fat for optimal functioning. But we need the right kinds of fat, and we need to practice moderation. Some fats are actually good for you, and others should be avoided at all costs. How do you know which is which?
Fats: the good, the bad, the ugly
Mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are" good fats" and that saturated fats can be consumed in moderation.
Trans fats, however, should be avoided altogether, adds schmitt, explaining that trans fats are dangerous because they raise cholesterol levels. High levels of certain kinds of cholesterol, in particular low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol (the so-called" bad cholesterol") increase your risk for heart disease and other health conditions, including stroke. So how do we know which foods contain which fats" fats that are liquid at room temperature, like olive oils, are a better choice than foods that are semi-solid, like butter or margarine" the following tips will help you choose a diet rich in mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and low in trans fat.
Mono-unsaturated fat (unsaturated fat): good sources of mono-unsaturated fat are canola and olive oils, most nuts, and avocados.
Tip: spread avocado on a bagel instead of cream cheese. Use olive oil and garlic instead of whole milk and butter for a flavorful twist on mashed potatoes.
Poly-unsaturated fat (unsaturated fat): there are two types of poly-unsaturated fat, omega-6 and omega-3 fats. Get plenty of omega-6 fats in their diet from vegetable oils, primary concern is omega-3 fats. Good sources of omega-3 fats are fish (salmon and tuna), flaxseed, and walnuts.
Tip: snack on a handful of walnuts, or add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed to your morning oatmeal or cereal. You can also add ground flaxseed when you are baking cookies or muffins for an omega boost.
Saturated fat: red meat, fatty meats like salami, dairy products such as cream and butter, and thicker vegetable oils like coconut, palm, and kernel oil are sources of saturated fats.
Tip: enjoy a steak now and then, but try to limit saturated fats to 10 percent of your diet, at the most.
Trans fat: made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil, a process designed to extend the shelf life of packaged goods, trans fat is found in a wide range of packaged and processed foods, including bakery items, cookies, and crackers.
Tip: current food and drug administration guidelines allow manufacturers to say that their product is" trans fat free" if it contains less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving. Check the labels of processed food for" hydrogenated" or" partially hydrogenated" oils in the ingredients. These words signal that product may have up to 0.5 grams per serving. Eat a few servings, and this starts to add up.
The bottom line? be an educated shopper: know what to look for and the potential pitfalls. Try to do the majority of your shopping on the perimeter of the grocery store, limiting your trips down the inside aisles where most of the trans fat culprits reside. On the perimeter, you can focus on fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, lean cuts of meat and fish, and whole grains fresh from the bakery. Add a little olive oil, and you'll really be cooking!
Hello doc , I had mifepristone 200 mg 2 pills on 18th and misoprostol 200 mp 2pills on 20th orally and 2pills vaginal and I puked after 15 mins if misoprostol ,i had heavy cramps and nauseous feeling ,bt very lil bleeding , now its 21st can I start the process again or should I go for d and c . Shes just 4 weeks and 4 days .now its 22nd and she is bleeding sometimes bt not heavily ,will there be any complications if it is an incomplete abortion.
I am my gf have sex and now from 2 months she doent have period can u suggest me which medicine can avoid pregency fasttly
Foods that elevate your metabolism is a good method of losing fat from the body. Include these foods in your breakfast, lunch and dinner to harness their fat burning power. Try these foods to kick start your metabolism:
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be super foods as they are packed with nutrients. Rich in protein and vitamin D, eggs also help boost your metabolism.
- Lean meat: Include lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to your diet as they are rich sources of protein. They are also good sources of iron, the deficiency of which may lead to sluggish metabolism.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers are good sources of 'capsaicin', a component that is known to kick start your metabolism into high gear. You may add chili peppers to your dishes to add some pungent flavor as well.
- Water: Dehydration may lead to you to feel sluggish the entire day; thus it is necessary to drink cold water as the body burns calories while warming the water.
- Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee is known to stimulate your metabolism.
- Beans: Beans are known to contain good amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber in the beans help in promoting satiety and restricts your food cravings. They are also rich in iron, a macronutrient that helps in improving metabolism.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C that help combat free radical damage in the body. They also contain fiber that promotes healthy digestion.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a good source of magnesium that helps to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It is also known to stimulate various hormones in the body that burn fat.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It also boosts acid production in the stomach, thus promoting healthy digestion and contributing to an increased metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb that has certain properties which help in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body, thus increasing your overall calorie burn and kick starting your metabolism.
Hallo Doctor I was advised to Take clomifene citrate Ferri 50mg Tablet since I had pco and a miscarriage. I just took it 1 month and last month my period was Naturally in 14. This month Its already 5 days Delay. May I know the possible reasons. Will period occur für Sure After this medicine.
I am 26 years old m having chest pain, back pain, vagina pain itching on vaginal area and on back. What should i do?
I have a protected intercourse on march 28, I got my periods on April 7 after that I don't got periods till now do I am a pregnant?
When I penetrate penis sometime it occurs small pain in my vagina. if lubricant is present in lower quantity then this pain are occuring .what is the solution for this.
Am so much stressed doctor I have sex with a lady 5 days ago while so I forgot to check for the breakage or leaks in the condom since it was dark and after 20 min I washed my private part with water and am have a doubt that the HIV virus may have entered my stream I need your help doctor. I took the condom holding index finger and thumb as" O"
I am 38 years old, I like to drink wife cum while sex, foreplay, it's harmful for me, give me suggestions.
Hi I got married in 2013, but there is no pregnancy yet. And my age is 28. We are having sex accordingly, so what might be the problem?
She recently had sex with her boyfriend. Like approx 4 days back and is complaining of her periods being delayed. Are there any possibilities of she getting pregnant? If yes what are the measures she should take?
Excessive bleeding done usg it states severe endrometrial hyperplasia. Wanted to know is dnc only d option. Removed iud on 27th august n than heavy bleeding with clots started.
Hello Doctor. I had intercourse with my partner on july 3rd. We are very nervous about the pregnancy issue. We don't want the baby at this time. It been 15 days now. And my wife noticed that she is using the loo more often now to eject urine, also she is eating more. We both had sex for the very first time in our life. If she is pregnant is there a way we can stop the pregnancy through medicine at this time.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.