Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhna GuptaYour feedback matters!
Wat would the medicine if I need to do abortion. Yet I am 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. Can anyone suggest me abortion tablets?
The part of the woman’s reproductive system where the eggs are stored and released for fertilisation, are known as the ovaries. The ovaries also produce various hormones. When a female patient has to go through a procedure to remove the ovaries, this surgical procedure is known as an oophorectomy. The patient may have to go through this procedure for a number of reasons. Let us find out more about the procedure and the recovery of the patient thereafter.
Causes: There are a number of reasons as to why a patient may have to go through this procedure. One of the most common reasons include pelvic diseases like ovarian cancer which makes it imperative to remove the ovaries so that the cancer does not spread to any other part of the uterus or the rest of the body. Also, when the endometriosis becomes particularly painful and severe, the patient may have to go through a hysterectomy to remove the uterus and an oophorectomy to remove the ovaries. Most of the times, these two procedures go hand in hand. Also, when the patient is suffering from breast cancer, the doctor may deem it fit to remove the ovaries to stop the spread and growth of the cancer. Other hereditary diseases may also be treated with this procedure.
Preparation: In order to prepare for the surgery, one will need to go through a series of imaging tests like an ultrasound as well as an MRI scan which will help the doctor decide on the kind of procedure that needs to be carried out. Most doctors will ask you to stop eating at least a day before the surgery and to ingest a solution so that the intestines are properly cleaned out. Also, if you are taking any kind of medication, you will need to stop taking the same before the surgery.
Procedure: The procedure can be done either with one large incision or with multiple small incisions, depending on the area and the severity of the problem that is being treated. The surgeon will insert a small tube bearing a camera into this incision, which in turn will beam the images on to a screen in the operating theatre. The ovaries will be separated from the blood supply before the tissue surrounding them will be placed in a pouch. This pouch will be pulled out through the smaller incisions.
Recovery: How soon you recover depends on how soon you choose to sit up and start walking after the surgery. One can get back to normal life within a few weeks or a month after the surgery by taking small steps every day. Complete recovery takes about six weeks. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 17 jan 2017. My expected period date is on 25th of jan. But am pregnant now I think. We do not want to keep this baby now. So what should we do now?
I have inserted copper t iud my doctor told me to check it on every fifth day of my period but I want to know that how to check it at home and if I forget it to check on my fifth day of period is it possible to check it on later days of same month. Please reply.
For Ladies suffering from Polycistic Over I an Syndrome with irregular mense cycle prescribe the best medicine with its doses.Answer given last time could not be opened.
Hi, My name is salman khan. I leave in mumbai. Im a student. My age is 19. I have pcod. What is the symptoms of pcod? What to do? What is it? What is the diet for it? What should I do for it? Thank you.
My wife is 46yrs old. She is suffering with Adenomyosis for which extra bleeding occurs during the period. Is there any home or any pathy treatment without operation?
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: This procedure involves several days of internal oleation by taking either pure ghee or a specially prepared medicated ghee followed by a gentle herbal purgative. Purgation acts on aggravated and accumulated pitta and kapha doshas. It decreases the heat (ushna guna) of pitta and increases coolness (sheeta guna) required for formation of shukra dhatu (ovum and sperm). Impaired agni due to disturbed pitta is also rectified by the virechana procedure. A strong and balanced dhatvagni (tissue agni) is required for dhatnirmiti of shukradhatu (creation of reproductive tissue). Obstructing kapha dosha is removed through virechana and the blocked apana vata obstructed by kapha dosha is also relieved by virechana. Common virechana dravyas: mahatiktaghrit, trivrit (leha or churna). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello doctor, I have a doubt that if i-pill is taken in morning & had unprotected sex in night of the same day will it work or not because it should be taken after intercourse right please solve this for me.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'm patient of initial breast cancer for last three years , mastectomy done, overies removed but no chemotherapy is taken. Can I go for test tube baby?
My Wife And I had unprotected sex when she wasn't fertile now she's not having periods pain before Periods and was having pain little in stomach but it wasn't before periods pain is she pregnant? How to avoid pregnancy safely if she is. She should have her periods on 27 but today is 28 she's not even having pain what should I do any suggestion Please. Thank you.
चेहरे की हड्डियों के पीछे हवाओं से भरा खोखले स्थान होते हैं; ये नाक गुहा की ओर जाते हैं और इन्हें साइनस कहा जाता है। साइनस में नाक के समान श्लेष्म झिल्ली का अस्तर होता है। झिल्ली नाजुक स्राव (श्लेष्म) का उत्पादन करता है, नाक के अंशों को नम रखने के लिए। बलगम गंदगी के कणों और रोगाणुओं को फंसाता है।
साइनसाइटिस साइनस को अस्तर करने वाले ऊतक की सूजन है। एक साइनस संक्रमण के कारण सिर के एक तरफ सिरदर्द या आँखें, नाक, गाल क्षेत्र पर दबाव पैदा हो सकता है। सूजन एक वायरस, बैक्टीरिया, या कवक के कारण हो सकता है। यह संक्रमण एलर्जी या ऑटोइम्यून प्रतिक्रिया का भी परिणाम हो सकता है। कुछ लोगों में शारीरिक दोष होते हैं जो साइनस रोग में योगदान देते हैं, जैसे कि:
- दो नाक मार्गों के बीच हड्डी विभाजन की विकृति
- नाक जंतु (सौम्य नाक विकास जिसमें बलगम होता है)
- साइनस के मुख का संकुचन
साइनसाइटिस के प्रकार
तीव्र साइनसाइटिस ज्यादातर आम सर्दी के कारण होता है। आमतौर पर, रोगी के साइनस सूज जाते हैं, जिससे जलनिकाय को रोक बलगम का संचय होता है। तीव्र साइनसाइटिस नाक से सांस लेना कठिन बना सकता है। आंखों और नाक के आगे क्षेत्र सूजे हुए लग सकते है। आप अपने चेहरे या सिर में दर्द महसूस कर सकते हैं। कभी-कभी, तीव्र साइनसाइटिस से मरीज को बुखार भी हो सकता है। तीव्र साइनसाइटिस अधिकतम 4 सप्ताह तक रह सकता है।
अर्धजीर्ण साइनसाइटिस एक तीव्र साइनसाइटिस को दर्शाता है जो अपेक्षित समय में बेहतर नहीं हुआ है। अर्धजीर्ण साइनसाइटिस लगभग 4 से 12 सप्ताह तक रहता है।
क्रोनिक साइनसाइटिस आमतौर पर एक संक्रमण के कारण होता है। हालांकि, यह नाक जंतु या पथभ्रष्ट झिल्ली के कारण भी हो सकता है। पुरानी साइनसाइटिस कम से कम 12 सप्ताह तक रहता है, या वापस आता रहता है।
साइनसाइटिस के लक्षण
साइनस संक्रमण के लक्षण और संकेत प्रभावित हुए साइनस पर और साइनस संक्रमण तीव्र या पुराना होने पर निर्भर करते हैं।
तीव्र साइनसाइटिस के लक्षण
- रिसाव के साथ नाक का जमाव
- बहती नाक के द्रव्य का गले में जमा होना
- गाल, आँख के नीचे या आसपास या ऊपरी दांत के आसपास दर्द
- माथे या आसपास के क्षेत्र में या आंख के पीछे सिरदर्द
- जब आप खांसी करते हैं तब दर्द या दबाव के लक्षण बढ़ जाते हैं
- गंध की भावना की कमी
ये लक्षण भी मौजूद हो सकते हैं:
- उच्च तापमान
- मुंह से दुर्गंध (बुरा सांस)
- दांत दर्द
पुरानी साइनसाइटिस के लक्षण
कम से कम 8 सप्ताह के लिए निम्न लक्षण मौजूद हो:
- कॅन्जेसटिड और सूजा हुआ चेहरा
- बंद नाक
- नाक गुहा में मवाद है
- उच्च तापमान (बुखार)
- नाक बहना
ये लक्षण भी मौजूद हो सकते हैं:
- उच्च तापमान
- मुंह से दुर्गंध (बुरा सांस)
- दांत दर्द